Forex Price Action

Hi Joey your not related to Johnathon by any chance ;).I respectfully suggest you read my post again ,once again no offence taken or intended. cheers.

Hey Buster, I may have misread your post a little bit, my apologies. I do still stand by what I said, though. I was like you too who thought I could learn everything I need to without paying because that’s how I am in real life, but let me tell you, investing in Johnathan’s course was one of the best things I’ve ever used my money for. He is an excellent teacher and truly cares about his students and does everything he can to see them succeed. I’m not trying to sell you the course or anything like that, but I’ll just say it’s an investment you won’t regret. And no, I’m not related to him at all lol.

Kind Regards,
Joey

If that were true, Fox would release his brokerage statements. It can only help his course sales. In fact, they would probably increase by a factor of 5. Let’s be real. This doesn’t work. Fox is a good motivational speaker and a slick talking salesman. He is not a profitable trader. His posts are made with the benefits of hindsight. Funny how he always happens to get “stopped at break-even” when his trades barely even go into profit.

A newbie looking at this thread need only ask:

Why, for the 20,000 posts in this thread, is there not one single example of the thread starter or a single follower posting a verified record of their trading profits with this method?

Hey Jolly Roger,

Like I said, I see it work everyday in the members forum. But I’m not gonna sit here and argue with you because there is clearly so much you don’t understand. It would just be a waste of my time and give me a headache cause your opinion is not gonna change. I hope you find what you’re looking for and wish you success.

All the Best,
Joey

Hi Joey thanks for your reply and point of view which I respect. Personally I find Jonathon’s method simple and easy to understand and feel being a member probably wouldn’t make that much difference to my success rate (or lack of),however if you find it helpful that’s great, I wish you every success in your trading ,cheers buddy.

I am not arguing with you, nor do I have any desire to. Just pointing out things for the benefits of onlookers, newcomers to the thread, and people that continue to post here for months despite seeing no success.

I have seen the members’ forum. I fell for the pitch when I first started trading. Again, not a single verified track record for all the thousands of posts over there either.

Hey utalk,
how is it going with reading the thread? it’s quite a lot, isn’t it?
EURJPY fired of an BEEB on D1

I really liked that top level you marked, but the BEEB is not commanding enough because of mainly two reasons.
The lower wick is to long and it touches a minor resistance, so price reversed there.
It is a big BEEB, but it is not compared to the previous bullish bars.
As a result I will only be looking for going long, but I guess it wouldn’t matter to set a pending order to short, as it will not be triggered anyway… :slight_smile:
BTW it is the same with AUDJPY BEEB.

regards

Hi Jolly Rodger While I no longer use this method to trade per se I still post and watch to find good tradable levels to trade using my own criteria on the daily or higher if I miss them others will point them out. I suspect others may do the same .As our good mate Pippin says he values it which if it works for other well good on em. Unfortunately it never has for me on its own. Cheers.

Once again non farm parole day is apon us so hey “lets be careful out there”.Just realise I got first on page 2000,beat that.:slight_smile:

[B]Page 2k[/B]
I had to make it, congrats Johnathon!
And to every contributor.

Best

Hy thetrendsfriend
Thanks for asking, it’s one of my priorities.
I am still working at my trading plan also and it’s not complete (maybe that reading will help me to improve it), and that’s why I’m here to learn from others and hopefully give something I know to others too.
I haven’t told you that I like your mindset that you don’t look on lower TF (you have your reasons) but I think one must experience the lower ones so that IF will eliminate it from their future trading system it must know WHY so to remind himself every time he/she wants to go back there why they shouldn’t do that. (I also experimented on M5, 15, 30 and I know why, at least in this point of my learning I don’t want to go back there)

Maybe you can explain to me your reasons so I can learn too from you.

In the future I will want to trade only on higher TF because I don’t want to stay that long on charts but first I think I must understand when, which pairs, why etc so that to come to a simple plan and to “extract” the valuable information form all the complex ones (I think everyone must experiment that road, but if you have a better solution please tell me).

I see the price of EURJPY at an important R level for now on H1 (142.9), also a psychological price, which if it will be broken and retested it will be a good opportunity to go long (to respect the big trend).

On AUDJPY I see on H1 that the price broke an important level (98.7) which if is retested could go long if a reversal pattern at the new S (R is S now) will appear.

I also looked for the previous higher limits of the price.

Any constructive improving/ideas are welcomed.

Best regards.

Hey,

really nice to have someone on board who’s also keen on learning this method.
I use this trading plan right here, it really is a great summary, I’m only working on the trade management section
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42378-forex-price-action-118.html#post345774
About my mindset… Well i started with M1 to M15 with a lot of indicators. It didn’t work at all and I stared at my display all day long on holiday…
Then I found this thread and my first thought was:“Okay, they want you to trade Daily, but you’re smart, you can manage H1 and have a lot of trades.” But this didn’t go long, not because I lost trades, but I realized that it’s not about making a lot of trades. 3-8 per month are fine. And it is very rleaxing to only look at your charts 20 min a day.
The Ultimate Guide to Marking Support and Resistance
At the beginning of the article Jonathon is talking about why you should mark levels on daily charts.
That one is all about timefram:
Trading Daily Chart Price Action Strategies Down to Intraday
Now to come to your charts:
the AUDJPY level is fine, I watched that also, but I don’t go higher than daily. Unfortunatley no PA signal formed
The problem with the EURJPY is that you’re talking about a level that only exists on H1 but it is not a KEY level on the daily chart. I’m not saying it doesn’t work but it is much more risky and we want a clear edge.
This is how EURJPY H1 looks on my charts. I would only trade intraday signals from the daily lines I marked.
About the psychological big number… I actually don’t watch them a lot because either there has been a reaction in the past (so I would have already figured it out by marking SR) or there is none, so it’s likely there won’t be one in the future

The only exception would be a strong trend with no real pullback on daily but one can get in by using the “larger” Pullbacks on H4 for example.
Hope that helps :wink:

regards

hey, small tip from me:
I just opened an FX Choice demo account because you can get MT5 with new york close charts there. I will now use this one to train. You can easily change the account balance to the one your recent demo account has. It’s just easier to flip through the intraday (2hr 3hr 8hr 12hr) than using the period converter on mt4.

trade well

Is anyone buying gold? Nice reversal pin on the weekly chart at a very strong support level.

I’m looking to buy on Monday with SL at the pin low and TP at 1240. Maybe put in another entry with TP at 1390, moving to break-even once prices reached the earlier TP target. This might take a while though :slight_smile:

If this pin fails, prices will probably continue falling to around 1060.

Hey,
I don’t trade the weekly, but I think you are trading straight into resistance. The PB should be higher and it should be bigger…
Like it is now, it was the break of an important support, so I will be looking for short on intraday
for example h4

best regards

That’s a good point. On the smaller time frames, it’s clear that prices closed just below the S/R line. I think I’ll play this one on demo and see how it goes.

I agree with thetrendsfriend it closed below support and you will be trading against strong trend.

For me it is not worth the hassle

Hey,
what’s your opinion of the AUDUSD PB on H4?

With Trend? Yes
Swing high? Yes
Key Level? Yes
Large? That would be the first problem, it’s a bit small especially the tail (in comparison to bull bars)
Traffic? Second problem, it is an higher high, so the PB would be trading into the resistance of the first
swing high after the breakout…

Just started learning price action, this thread has tons of information

Hi guys!
How to think here on AUDUSD
perfect bearish pinbar on H4 and a BUEB on Daily, is it good to go short with a bullish momentum

//Daniel