Forex Price Action

Either you or Fox is right. He often posted that the biggest account killer is overtrading. People think the more they trade the more they gain, but that is certainly not right, which I know from I own experience.
I like this method because it seems logical and I will give it a try to make it profitable.
Of course this is not the full story, that’s why it is free information…

Now you’re just being very silly.
You’ll be telling everyone next that the real gold is hidden in the subscription sections of these clowns websites!

No wonder these places are happy hunting grounds for product salesmen feeding off dream chasers.
There’s a never ending supply.

You said this method is “simple and it works.” Then you said that “I am not consistently profitable.” My point was, clearly the method [I]does not work[/I] if you are not profitable, regardless of the simplicity.

That’s simply not true. Please go read up on basic statistics. A coin flip is two equally likely and opposite magnitude events. If it were true, then why waste your time reading charts? Just program a bot to pick heads or tails and sit back to watch the cash roll in.

Time is a non-renewable resource.

10 trades a year…is this on one currency…if so and you trade multiple currencies then its 10 times the number of currencies you trade which isnt too bad.

Really? I’m not saying anything, as I am not a salesman, but you would be silly if you had valuable info and released it for free. Of course I would appreciate that, but who would be that caring?
@ nanoos: The guys in this thread always talked about 3-8 trades per month so you can calculate the number per year.

It’s not that rare. When I was actively trading J Fox’s method I was averaging 4-5 trades a month looking only at daily PA.

Still it was far too few for my liking so I drifted away and learn other faster method too. That, and because oftentimes my trades would be in the negative for weeks before going green. That was quite stressful unless you’ve already mastered your psychology.

That’s so true. I’ve adjusted my PA method over time as I learned more and more about the market and order flow. Today my PA trade differs quite a lot from this thread however all the foundations I built upon are all here. And I’m still thankful for that :slight_smile:

@Panupat
what did you change? Do you know some other good PA ressources?
4-5 trades per month from daily would be exactly my aim. How much % on your account could you make in that time?

Best regards

@TheTrendsFriend, the differences is that I no longer trade candle stick patterns. Instead I look for behaviors, how price reacts to S/R. There are behaviors that can hint the direction Market Makers want price to go. I’m not going to hijack this thread but feel free to look up “order flow” in your own time if you’re curious.

Really!

And that’s just it - they don’t have any valuable info to dispense.
They tease & bait people like you with subtle comments dropped into their threads such as;
“our members were privy to this set up earlier today”
“I can’t reveal too much because our members wouldn’t be very happy”
"I’ll be informing our members of another cracking set up later today"
LOL.

And you guys fall hook line & sinker for it.
Like I said, these characters are salesmen & there’s a plentiful supply of gullible punters to be sucked in on these forums.

Ding ding, we have a winner. Enter with the current directional bias after a pullback to a logical area of supply/demand to ensure you are getting value. Allow the trend to line your pockets until it runs out of steam. My recent testing has shown quite a bit of promise to trading in this manner.

You need nothing else. Certainly not ironhard rules about the size and shape of the entry candle like Fox teaches here.

I’m aware that there are a lot of scammers around. That’s why I haven’t payed a cent yet and of course I would like to keep it that way.
I would give the course a shot though, if I got profitable with the free info of that thread. I’ ve to see if this is working for me or not. If not i can still go on searching.
But one thing is for sure, I will not go back to those indicators :smiley:

No offence but that is exactly what this thread is about

I agree with you on that one

Not particularly.

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42378-forex-price-action-1916.html#post634805

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42378-forex-price-action-1827.html#post616631

It’s people who trade exactly like this that end up getting fleeced in the markets. Repeatedly trying to call the end of a trend because it’s “different this time” or “the trend has gone on too long.” I should know, I was one of them for quite some time before I quit altogether. Now I’m getting back in the saddle and doing this the right way.

Then you obviously pay much more attention than me to this thread :slight_smile:

I’ve been burned by trying to picking tops and bottoms and anticipate trend reversals, now I do exactly what you said “enter the trend on a pull back from logical areas”

That bit is really all that’s needed though isn’t it Roger? :wink:

If you’re leaning towards dancat/double 6/compact’s views on this subject matter then you’ll know they’ve been encouraging folks to ask questions of themselves such as; is there such a thing as a logical supply or demand or support or resistance level?
If so, who is it logical to?

If you believe there isn’t (for whatever reason) then why would you need anything other than a directional momentum push followed by a pullback?

A pullback (if confirmed) is merely the markets own order processing filter after all.
So if it pushes out of a consolidation range and/or within a visible trending structure, stalls & deflates whilst maintaining its cyclical momentum sequence (higher high moving north/lower high moving south), why would you require any kind of level to support your decision to engage?

From your observations when testing this entry trigger, how are you measuring the difference between a logical level & a random one?
& on which timeframe references are these conclusions being derived?
For instance, does a pullback continuation push return a more successful outcome from a wider field of view such as a large hourly/daily time reference, or is it more successful at a micro level?

& do pullbacks keying off random areas on your pricing chart (providing they’re moving in a cyclical fashion within a trending structure) differ in their behavior & profitability outcomes from those generated from a supposed logical level?

Once you begin stripping out all the fluff & unnecessary distractions & actually begin putting their advice into practice you begin to arrive at your own conclusions & best fit rather than taking the word(s) of these characters who are simply packaging up the regurgitated nonsense they’ve read elsewhere themselves.

It’s a very interesting exercise for those smart & brave enough to begin their own testing & validation process!! :wink:

Find a nice, long, strong trend and buy on retracements.
Seems straightforward and relatively safe to me, but heck, I’m a complete noobie what would I know

@shadowline
That sounds interesting, would you mind starting a thread? :smiley:

Heh, looks like I have even more to think about.

I could be wrong, but it seems like there are certain levels where other market participants are more apt to be concentrated. Most traders know that there’s a large cluster of stops just beyond the next swing high/low. One side or the other will be squeezed out of their positions as price approaches that level, and the act of flattening their positions will necessarily add more momentum to the ride, pushing price along in the direction of momentum, continuing to squeeze the further stops…

If that’s the case & you believe them to be worthy of attention then would those types of areas genuinely (& consistently) offer you the most optimum value to engage?
Because if as you assume there are large build ups of stops & contrary orders resting at these apparent logical supply/demand/resistance/support zones (which of course you or anyone else doesn’t until price actually gets there) you will occasionally experience whippy, volatile & quite often conflicting price activity, yes?

So if those types of areas don’t consistently represent optimum value when attempting to engage into a [U]directional momentum cycle[/U], which areas on your price chart would offer that potential & why?

Would you likely receive the bigger bang for your buck entering [B]before[/B] such an area was engaged, during the engagement or after? :slight_smile:

Think about what the primary objective is when betting a momentum cycle, particularly when you’re betting with no [U]pre-conceived opinions[/U] on when the current trend or momentum cycle is about to conclude!!

…which brings me right back to to my original question.
Are these supposed supply/demand/resistance or support levels & zones any more productive & valid as observation, decision making, engagement or profit points than random areas on the price chart?

You’ve already concluded that following the advice of these gurus & doing the same thing as these guys on these popular price action threads doesn’t work over the medium to long term.
So what you’re really saying is you need to start thinking differently than they do & plan, execute & operate completely differently to them.

Just look around you & you’ll see all these popular threads spout pretty much the same drivel. There might be slightly different variations to the theme, but they’re all basically looking at the same stuff focused on the same levels, zones & structures.

What does that tell you about what you should be doing in order not to be sucked into the majority who continually struggle to make any noticeable headway in this game?
:slight_smile: