Forex Price Action

No the PA does not stick out.

Thanks.

Point taken!

A+?
40 min to close the candle.

I donā€™t see any PA signal and it retraced from nomanā€™s land.

GBP/USD D1

Red marked areas are the spots, where I would like to see a valid PA signal.

Hope this helps,
Richard

ah bogger, it was ECB press conference. the bar is gone now :-I

it would be a beautiful signal if we draw a channel. similar setup was taken by Johnathon on eursgd a few days ago. in the channel, so we d use common sense SR lines, but then we have a borders of a range described by angled lines.

Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s fine trading from news candles? I know we donā€™t even look at the upcomming news, cuz price tells u everything, but still Iā€™m curious. There are now few setups, which, IMO, are valid.

Richard

I wondered about it as well a few posts ago without response.
Recent news create pinbars, engulfs etc. which basically makes signals looking good, but fake.
Taking xauusd as example: news did boost the signal, large retrace made it looking not very reliable, and now its direction went back to normal - as from before news.
With my little experience, i will be avoiding weeks like this one in the bright future.
It would be great if Johnathon give us some light in here.

And as well, i d like to share this weeks trading experience.
I have spotted all good trades /compared with FSO website/. And becose i dedicated this week fully to trading, i make mistakes. Having too much time on your hands makes you reconsider things as they go wrong way. I jumped of a few trades with loss, but if held longer, they would come back with profit.
Johnathon is right here mentioning patience and persistance in his materials.
If your fingers itch, plaster them together, so you dont play too much against you.

Hi all,

AUDSGD hit resistance with nice pin bar on 4 hrly chart. Pls comment!

Regards,
Toyogo

Letā€™s wait for Johnathon then, I hope he sees our posts.

Richard

yes, its a beauty and A++ but the pinbar came from ECB press conference.
i have already lost money today, didnt check the calendar.

Hi Toyogo,

What broker charts are you using please!!because I am not getting this pair with my pepperstone charts, Thanks

this is against the daily trend so just a retrace trade good for 60 pips, if, you would consider taking it. trend could always change though

hi guys, i see eurousd has made a huge BEEB in h1.what do you think of this?

Thanks

AUDUSD likewise massive pin bar on h4ā€¦ although against trend it is also at the top of a channelā€¦ if price pulls back below head of pin I will consider taking the trade

Hei!

IMO, the best setups are on USD/CHF H4 and EUR/USD H4 with the huge engulfing bars, because they are with the overall daily trend and rejected daily res/sup line pretty hard.

USD/CHF H4

USD/CHF D1

Safe trading,
Richard

looks beautiful, but again, again, again - nobody here is sure if we suppose to consider this bar as a good enough to make your decision. this bar came from ECB press conference. this is a news bar, same as the previous large bear one from yesterdays FOMC rate.

EURGBP 4H BEEB, any comments

Hi,

For this (and all pairs with big movement today), Iā€™m waiting for Daily to close, then make a decision based on the Dailies.
Also keeping in mind that NFP is tomorrow, so USD pairs may be particularly prone.

Cheers

I was wondering, actually it doesnā€™t matter from what news or how that bar formed, all we need to know is what the price tells us and it YELLS at me (H4 bars)! Every day price forms bars from different little/big news that makes the movement as well as trades and banks speculating, so my conclusion - valid PA, I may burn taking this trade, but then it will be a lesson for me. Itā€™s just my opinion, Iā€™m still learning.

Richard

USDCAD - 4hr beautiful pinbar to go longā€¦ BTW the news is what makes the markets move if you donā€™t trade the news what are u going to trade???

1. Against daily trend.
  2. You would be trading straight into the resistance line.
  3. Technically it isnā€™t PB on H4 chart, itā€™s BUEB.

USD/CAD D1

Richard