Forex Price Action

Hello everyone, I am new to forex and trading in general. I have read most of this thread this entire weekend and I am sold on PA. Johnathon I have a question for you. In your post on the other page you mention you trade the A+ trades plus other setups. The “other setups”, are they taught in your course as well as A+ setup? I guess I am asking do you teach different set ups with price action?

Just butting in a little. Be careful in increasing your risk PER trade to 5%. I did that once and it ate up all my profits and I never really did recover from it up to now. Reason I did that was I got overconfident and excited.

The first time I discovered this method (PA) I applied it immediately to my trading. The first week my win rate shot up to 69% (according to my myfxbook account), and I thought man this method really works. My gains just that first week alone was 14%, and I was only risking 5% OVERALL at any one time, meaning if I had 3 trades open, each would be risking 1.67%. So the next week I said I’m gonna increase my risk PER trade to 5%, why not right? So it was tuesday, I found three setups, risked 5% each, overall 15%. Then all three failed. The 14% I gained the prior week got erased and since I lost, I couldn’t control my emotions and was taking less favorable setups (that I thought were A+ ones; losing tricks your mind) just to gain back that 15% that I lost until I became aware of myself that I was revenge trading already. My account then just went down and down some more. Up to now I haven’t recovered with my losses yet and it’s been months now.

So be careful, just ramp it up a little bit at a time and only do that if you’re really profitable already and I’d say maybe after 6months to even a year of being really profitable already :slight_smile:

Yeah 5% is probably too much for most people but I was just using that as an example (however if I had a 12 month track record of 70% wins with 2.5RR then I probably would!)

If you are making 3 trades a day then then implies shorter time frames and using 5% would be highly risky.

Johnathon and several others use JING.
I prefer PAINT.NET

Cheers

Thanks a lot, I will look into these. But my main issue is that I’m using MacOSX which causes some issues. We also don’t have paint lol. I’ll check these brokers though

Also what is the best way to calculate win rates?

That is great I already closed my E/G Friday I wish you the best of luck and I look forward to seeing how it pans out. Just a heads up on the Yen trade, you may want to look into that FRA. It may give some issues it has been good resistance in the past. I won’t go into too much trade mgmt here but that should suffice

hey…some one please upload your daily chart of EUR-USD …NY-close chart…

Here you go:

my chart is looks like this…in that the open of 2day’s candle is some what different from u…

and ur candle open is at different value…

that mean…all ny charts also have different candles? i mean…different regions…different candles…?

what is the reason for 2day’s candle’s open value?..time zone? or any else? mine in pepper stone ny-close chart…daily…

Firstly let me stress the bulk of my trading is made up of use of trading the signals we discuss in here on daily and 4hr candles but yes I do trade and teach other things such as breakout trading, continuation trading etc These techniques are only for traders who have a very firm grip on the basics of PA trading.

In here we only deal with reversals and in the markets for last 2 years or so that has been the best way to go about it however occasionally we get times where there are strong trends and it can be useful to trade continuations or breakouts. As I said the markets are not trending how they once did and reversals are the best play espeically for newer traders.

Hope this makes sense oh and to also say I only trade PA and everything I do is all built around PA. No indicators or anything else at all. It’s just not needed.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If you have questions not related to this thread just private email or msg me through babypips to keep this thread clean and on track.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Paddy,

I have just made a new article that I think you and a lot of other may like. It discussed taking a small account and turning it into a big one and the major problems people have with this. I do not want to get into trouble again and will not post the link but I am sure you know where to go to find it.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Johnathon

Nice article Johno!

hi Mr.Johnathon…what do you say about this?

this is not my idea…but some one spoil my mind…about this…please give ur explanation…

I’m not Johnathon and even experienced trader but I think this isn’t reversal, it’s just some small candle after huge bullish momentum. It would have to close much much lower to be 2BR but it’s still quite choppy and somewhere in the middle of nothing. Just my newbish opinion.

2Bar reversal???

Where do you see 2 Bars?
That is a set up where you see one bullish candle and one bearish candle next to each other because when combined into one candle it would form a pinbar… look at it like [I][U]railroad tracks[/U][/I]…

Hey Jonathon,

I’ve just read your newest article and coincidentally I am planning to trade solely on the daily now. I’ve found the 4hr still too random for my taste. And I also get to sleep better at night just trading the daily. In your article, do you think I could achieve the same number and build up an account like Jane’s? Would you also recommend risking 3% per trade as well since I would be trading only the daily? Thanks.

Hey Bigd, im in EURGBP, and with a trade like this, i have a question like you!
For instance, you have a trade like EUR/GBP like this, you must to wait some days to know that your trade is valid and you TP would be reached ( or SL wuould be reached) or not , is good or bad, and you risked 2 % of your capital, you cant risk more 2% of your account, it means that you missed 3,5 days or event a week in a month; just to keep your trade in a line, and you cant take another trade and another chance.
So, at the end, you cant trade for a living, or honestly, unfortunately, if you met a trade like EUR/GBP, you’ll be kept in a hole…i understand your question to MR. Johnathon!

hi …thanks for ur comments…ur comments give more value to my argument with my friend…

This is enough to prove that my friend is wrong…

Any how i am very happy to have such a friend…silly arguments…but more knowledge…

Thanks guys…

Andre,

I understand what you are saying here, but I risk 2-3% per trade instead of 2-3% total capital on all my trades. You are preserving a ton of capital and minimizing profits IMO if you only trade 2-3% of your capital period. Now if you have 50 trades open risking 2% each and you lose all 50 you should find a different profession my friend. Not sure how Johnathon feels about this and he doesnt like to get into money management but thats my 2 pips on the subject…

Hello, after drawing some s/r lines i found that setup, looks good. Here we have a nice confluece on this resistence level, and i will go with the same side of the trend(DOWN!).

Will be an honor to see the opinion of all, and sorry for my bad english.

Lucas Z.