Forex Price Action

Hi, Jonathon

This trade did not go as planned but luckily I moved my stop loss to breakeven.

I do not understand what you mean by “Retail Trade”

The definition you give of a retail trade on your website is
“So often the retail trader instead of entering from value areas and swing points using the rule above enters at the very top of an up-trend to go long, and the very bottom of the down trend to go short”

From your definition, if this was a retail trade, I would be going Long instead of Short.

I see that haha. I’m loving the entertainment though

Trade one timeframe. Multi-frame analysis can confuse and cloud your judgement. If you make a trade on the 4h stick by your 4h trading strategy do not let the Daily or 1H change your thought process because the s/r levels on these tf’s are independent from the 4h

I’m strapped in on this one, havent locked any profits in yet. Interesting method though I will give your strategy more thought especially with this being a range/countertrend trade, there is no need to be greedy here. Wish you more pips my friend!

What I mean by the saying retail trade is this: Only a retail trader would try to enter that setup. A professional would never enter that setup realizing that the chances of success were very low.

Retail traders are hooked on trying to pick tops and bottoms and also trying to trade against obvious trends.

That’s exactly what this setup doing and hence why it was a retail trade. No Value and not high probability.

Johnathon

You say only retail trader that would enter those setup base on what?
I’ve seen alot professional trader on dailyfx.com trade differently on the same currency because people are not the same and they see things differently, just because you consider yourself professional trader doesnt mean that all profrssional trader will trade the same all the time.

Now this iv got to LMAO about!

Then again, when I new nothing I too used to read dailyfx and thought they were going to make me rich. Opposite happened and my trading account went south pretty fast.

So thank you JOHNOTHAN for showing me how to NOT think like DAILYFX and make my trading account go very nicely NORTH!

Its my fault as I should have explained better.

Forget the setup for a moment.

One thing retail traders have in common is most of them lose. A Reason for this is no matter what method they use they are forever trying to trade against the trend and what’s even worse they are forever trying to pick the top and.bottom of a trend.

So when I say that was a retail trade it was because retail traders as a whole are sucked in time and time again.

Hope this explains a little better.

Johnathon

1 Like

Hi Johnathon,
Been following this thread, very gerat setups! keep going.

Would be nice if I could get a review on this trading idea.

4h chart on eur/usd going Long.@ 1.3051

looks like a mother candle, no?

Hi kasravi what signal are you looking to trade here?

Regards steve

I don’t think your chart is right…
My 4hr chart is different.

Hi Steve,

I’m affraid my broker’s timing is different from the one Johnathon is using, still I belive the price action is applicable.

I saw a mother candle( the red candle with a tick under it), following it there are 3 candles within that body of the candle’s area and then there comes a break above the red candle’s high which signals a long trade( I assume).

cheers

Hello and welcome,

please read page one, post one.

The setup you are referring to is an inside bar breakout and not something we trade.

Please read the first 50 pages of this thread to gain a firm grasp of concepts being discussed and also the correct charts all participants are using.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

hi Mr.Johnathon…

what do you say about my trade…i have entered the trade…is this ok? or its my luck?

i need your clarification…(every one is welcome)…coz…i traded this…but lot of uncertainty in my decision…

what i felt after the closing the deal with profit is…its my luck…thats it…because…

i dont have confidence…about my set up… so please give me your advice…

Hi, I would have not traded that signal as it was small and there was quite a bit of traffic to the left, I’m surprised how well it boosted up to be honest!

You did well this time but I would be careful trading a lot of mediocre signals in the future.

Hope this helps
Steve

hi Kasravi…you spotted well about the inside bar set up…but as a new trader we have a intention to trade every setup we spot…this is what the wrong step taken by all…

as Mr.Johnathon said…he did not advice to trade this inside bar set up…because we need lot more setups to learn before to this…

this is my explanation on why i dint trade this set up…

1. i never trade inside bar set up as a new trader…and is advised by the Mr.Johnathon…

2. the breaking candle is too small in my opinion…if it is large then it may be ok…but not for new traders…( for me)

remember the rejection candle must be large…this is 1 imp rule in PA.

i hope this helps you…and waiting for others to reply…thank u.

r u from India?

hi Steve…thanks for ur reply…as i am also feels like that…before i entered…but its purely my luck…that’s it…

here what i have observed…this level is rejected well for several times…so that is why…i taken this…

any how…thanks for your concern…thank u.

hi friend…do any one got PA setup with any pair on daily chart? if so please tell me…thank u.

Hi fxsrikanth

If you get any PA setup with any pair on any time frame at any time please tell me… thank u

Please also tell me why you take it… please tell me why you dont take it… thank u
:56:

Hi Spongybob…i have expected answer like YES or NO.

i got different reply…and thank u for that…and one more thing is…

yes i am asking repeatedly …the same kind of question…for getting knowledge…

as new trader i may not identify like what [B][I]YOU[/I][/B] can…

if you do that…not only for me…but also for most of the new traders…who r willing to learn can get some knowledge…by looking what you did…

i hope you (all my bro’s) understand my intention…thank u. :7: