Forex Price Action

Yeah i did trade it. I’m using FXCM trading station, NY Close.

Sorry not at home so cant post chart example.

In an uptrend you have higher highs correct? Then price fails to make higher highs and make a lower highs then breaks the previous low. Opposite for downtrend.

Hope someone can post an example for you.

Found a basic example on google

hi bro…i just google it…i found this as an Example of the setup - a bearish 123 pattern…and i applied now to my chart…is this wright?

Remember though, we dont trade 1-2-3 setup that once point 2 is broken to then short. I only will start looking for shorts once a 1-2-3 setup has formed, ie, break of point 2 then pull back.

Thank you very much SPONGE for this valuable information. Sure will practice it for entry purposes.

hi bro…u r damn wright…earlier i draw the lines roughly…if we draw correctly we may get the chart like this…

if so this time is this a valid set up???..

really thanks for ur concern bro…really i mean it… :7::60:

Hey guys hope I can help a little here, the example of the 123 reversal you have marked on that chart is not quite right fxsrikanth, e.g uptrend - (hh=higher high, lh = lower high etc)

In an uptrend price is making hh’s and hl’s, the first step to the trend reversal pattern (1) is price struggles and makes a ll, (2) is price then makes a lower high, (3) the pattern is confirmed by price making a lower low

Hope this helps, i think I got it right…!!

Steve

Hey Juicypips

Can you please use charts for your explanation.

No probs, ill be on my pc in a mo and will try find a nice example for you, re read my last post as I just edited it, i got the ll’s and hl’s muddled up rushing it :slight_smile:

Hi Juicy.
Will do that in a sec…

hi Spongybob…thank u…for that explanation…this is what u told me in brief…wright?

i thank million pips to you…this is great…like you…

Hey, chart as promised, eurusd daily, sorry was on ipad earlier and cant post charts from there. In a bit of a rush so best example i can see at a quick glance!

thanks

Hi again all.

Just to be clear on one thing. We are looking for PA signals to form at NY closing, right? And not at any random time of the day/night? You all analyse your charts searching for a possible setup, and then wait to see if a PA signal form at the end of the day/week/month at NY close? And this is why it’s key to have NY-closing charts because they provide you with the most reliable information?

Thanks again for your time and help every1. Most appreciated :smiley:

GN

NY close is considered widely as the end of the Forex day, so yes we are looking for PA to form at NY close on the daily and weekly charts. Now on the 4 hour and 8 hour this is obviously not the case. What you have to take into account with the 4 hour and 8 hour is when the signal forms. A 4 hour signal during the Asian session is nowhere near as strong as when London and NY are online. Also, a 4 hour signal formed at the end of the week would be very suspect.

Thanks, that lifted the fog a bit. How would you play it if a PA signal forms on friday on daily then? Wait till over the weekend?

And as a newbie, I should prob focus on either the daily, or H4 during London-NYoverlap / NY session?

GN

Daily on Friday is a fine signal. Don’t put in an entry order though until pretty close to London open on Monday. Spreads before that are higher and volume is low which could mean a trigger which isn’t being moved by the market. I have been pulled into bad trades with this. As a newbie stick with daily, weekly and potentially 8 hour. Each time frame has its own challenges, but the higher time frames have easier to read signals.

Hi just a quick recap,

My entry and TP got triggered within 26 minutes of each other, while at work, but my range was much narrower comparing to other traders’ around here. In: 1.58759, out: 1.58129

In my humble opinion the PB was pretty big even comparing to previous green candles, worth taking risk.

If anyone is still in, good luck, if out, I hope you managed to secure some profit.

Fil.

PS. Interesting 1-2-3 conversation, please continue :slight_smile:

Finally the price start heading lower, expecting the price to accelerate once the price break 1.2580

Jinz if i were you i would wait for it to beak 125.80 level, come back and test the same level and then if you get a signal go short.

GBPAUD have already move down breaking new low, EURAUD is lagging behind, probably tomorrow, lagging by 1-2 days.