Forex Price Action

Hello everyone!

Is this forum being limited to Forex only? Ask since I am looking at an opportunity on the weekly gold chart.

Pros: Strong PA off support two weeks ago
Cons: Strong overhead resistance at 1790; more sideways overlapping then in a bull trend;

thoughts?

Hi Tony,

2 questions (assuming the candle closes more/less as is )

1. Would you say that the pinbar sticks out from price around it?

2. Would you say that the pinbar is at a swing point?

Hey,

Gold, silver, oil are welcome too :slight_smile:

For me price is in the range. This PA is fromed in the middle of the range in no where land. When price is ranging we sell from top and we buy on bottom of the range so i think that it’s not meets our trade criteria.

Cheers

Hallo!

Absolutely not!, we love metals, oils and indices as well :slight_smile:

My thoughts: if price can break above the BUEB’s high, it has a good chance of getting to the 1789 area.

It has struggled to do just that for over a week but it’s still a valid setup in my opinion (of course, one shouldn’t be already in since the high has not been broken).

PS: Silver (XAGUSD) also had a similar setup on the W1 who’s high has just been broken.

PS2: I’m not trading either ( time-frame preference, nothing to do with the setup )

Cheers

Hey all.

G/J - H4 finally broke what seems to be the resistance. (Yet to overcome 130.000?) Any suggestions? Wait and look for a PB and then a PA to go long?

(And btw, Machal or any1 else, how does my charts look now? Opened a demo with FXDD to manage trades from there.)

Cheers, GN!

Still not taken out the last high. I will wait, if I look north

You have the same charts as me GN, so i think your charts are on NY session now (i trade with pepperstone).

Concerning the GBP/JPY, i’m watching closely too. I’ll be entering the tradeonly if it bounce back from the resistance/new support line. So either entering on the break of a pinbar or pullback+BUEB (on 1H or 4H).

That’s what i think is best. Maybe i’m wrong?

Hey,

Candles now are ideal :slight_smile:

Here is my imagination:

Cheers

Good good! You’ve got an eye for detail, sir! Hehe.

Yeah, that’s what I had in mind aswell. So if that happens I’d say I’ve improved my predictions fairly and can be quite satisfied with my improvement so far as the n00b I am. Haha :smiley: Let the game begin.

Cheers!

Hi Dudest,

1. Would you say that the pinbar sticks out from price around it?
    -> Im not sure what do you mean by sticks out from price around it. But as I know, pin bar form “open and close” must be in range of previous candle. and wick is 3x body.

2. Would you say that the pinbar is at a swing point?
    Swing high?

If I’m wrong, can you please show me the example? Thank You so much

Greetings!

A while ago I posted my trading rules for this Forex Price Action method here:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42378-forex-price-action-118.html#post345774

I put together a trade checklist (as a Word template) based on those rules and thought others may find it useful. If you complete this checklist before you pull the trigger on a trade it may help keep you out of some of those trades that don’t have a high probability of success.

Trade Worksheet.zip (21.2 KB)

Nick

With a major american holiday coming up, are you guys still going to be trading.

At the moment I’m thinking, that the u.s. won’t be the ones trading and they were partially responsible for the price action we have. Once they stop trading, then the price we helped create will cease to exist.

What do you guys think of the USD/CHF pair?

Did a Fib Retracement on 4-hour chart on the previous HL & HH.

As I zoomed in from 4-hour chart to 1-hour chart.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your checklist, is really useful.

Here is potential short for eur/usd.

Gbp looks even better for short.

Hallo,

Any comments on EURUSD H4 BEEB?

Hey Dudest I think it a great set up but check out gbp/usd short its got better risk reward in my opinion.

not worried about 5900 level?

it broke last resistance, so i figured we’d be looking for longs.

Do you guys only take one trade at a time?

If the price breaks 5900 level…i am not in a trade yet. Trend is still down in my opinion.