Forex Price Action

Hi,

Personally waiting for price to pullback to around 81.80 area and hopefully form long PA to join the uptrend

PS: (S/R zone + big & obvious PA @ swing point + trend = A+ signal !!)

Hallo,

The 2-in-a-row inverse pinbars really looked like price wanted to short at that area, but seems it wasnā€™t to beā€¦

If price continues climbing, the next place I will look for shorts is around the 1.2900 area.

Sorry wigglez, I donā€™t get what the issue is here.

If you have PAs in the Daily and H4 for the SAME PAIR, you pick one, doesnā€™t make sense trading both (if both are equally good, I would be most likely to take the Daily, more information in the higher time-frame)

@risk to be burned: thatā€™s why i said about splitting the risk earlier (1.5% x 2), so here we are saying same thingā€¦( I hopeā€¦ )

@4hā€™s later PA signal on a correlated pair: the PA signal on the correlated pair will also have its mirror image on the trade youā€™re already in! So would you change your trade plan based on the PA signal thatā€™s formed on the trade you were already in? Besides, if you were already in a trade with full risk (say 3%) and another PA forms in a correlated pair, the deed is done; unless you want to risk more than is meet, you stick to the one already chosenā€¦(the one you are in)

Hope that makes sense, please lemme know if it doesntā€¦

Sort of. What I was getting at was if you enter a trade, and then say 8 hours down the road, you see another signal form for a different pair.

So youā€™re still in your previous trade, with full risk, then another opportunity presents itself. Maybe even a correlated pair giving a signal for opposite direction.

Hallo mkteer,

I identify with the seesaw of emotions (whoever says frame of mind (psychology) is not a part of trading has just got to be kidding!..)

First off: that was not a BUEB ( on the H1 ). Itā€™s good to be honest, to yourself even. Doesnā€™t engulf, not an EB

Secondly: even if it was a valid signal: keeping to the trade plan & accepting the risk are necessary to keep yourself from interfering with yourself when the trade is running.

1. Accepting the risk: ( ref ā€œTrading in the Zoneā€, Mark Douglas: page 24 )

This is the whole point of position sizing: knowing in advance how much we are bound to lose if the trade doesnā€™t go our way ( every trade has an uncertain outcome ). So that by being 100% aware of what we are risking, we release the trade in our minds before we even get into it.

1. Keeping to the trade plan

You already know this. You have your entries/SLs/First Trouble Areas/TPs set before your trade is even triggered, and when it triggers, you do not keep looking at it BECAUSE IF YOU DO you will DEF mess around with itā€¦

It gets better with practice for all of us.

Will you hit some SLā€™s because of this? Definitely! Will there be times to cut losses short manually (based on what price is saying)? Absolutely. But with your edge, your BEs/TPs/profits will outweigh the SLā€™s in the long run.

Hope that helps.
Cheers

Yes, should be interesting whatā€™ll happen at this 1.2800 level.

Important that price seems to forming higher lowsā€¦if a short PA is formed, one would have to be conservative with targets IMOā€¦

Letā€™s see what happensā€¦

Sorry, not a valid pin (tail not x3 of body, not formed at a swing point) and trading right into resistance.

Hi GN,

Iā€™m awaiting with you on this one ( from the Daily )
Letā€™s see what happensā€¦

As skysooner said, if the two trades are not correlated, you can take full risk on both ( e.g 3% on each )

Cheers

-> Uncorrelated pairs: enter both with full risk, anytime
-> Correlated pairs: if already in one with full risk, no need doubling on risk with another trade having the same region in it.

If Iā€™m still not getting it, please feedback with example scenario

Thanks

PS: something you will notice as you look on charts more and more: immediately following a big & obvious PA, you will often times see a contrary signal (right after the PA signal). Opposition to a new swing is normal, would be a mistake (most times) to balk out of a trade because of theseā€¦

Nah that pretty much answers it.

Was thinking like pa signal opens long, maybe 8 hours when in a trade usd/chf makes a pa for a short, which would be helpful in letting you feel good about your trade.

Instead of short, usd/chf throws up a pa buy signal in that 8 hours. If youā€™re in a eur/usd long = bad juju. Cracks in correlation happen. Would you close out your eur/usd and go long on usd/chf?

Yeah, Iā€™ve backed away from winners and took the losers because of this.

What I would do is make a decision based on the the chart Iā€™m trading on.

That means that Iā€™d look at what my EURUSD chart is saying.

If there are no PA clues in my EURUSD chart that my trade is in trouble, I will keep on with my trade regardless of what the USDCHF is saying, coz Iā€™m trading the EURUSD.

Cheers.

Itā€™s getting almost impossible to keep track of this thread. Like a member mentioned earlier I may be taking a vacation pretty soon hereā€¦

Hi All,

GBPUSD - 4h

Almost close, Iā€™m going to short it.
Downtrend , Pin Bar. A+ signal?

Thank your remind :smiley: Iā€™m not good follow chart .

#12262940 sell 0.20 GBPUSD at 1.59480
sl: 1.59778 tp: 1.59000

I donā€™t see a valid pin bar on your chart.

I think he meant BEEB