Forex Price Action

Hello everyone)On tuesday i took a GBPCAD trade on a daily chart after spotting a potential setup.The risk reward was 1:1.

That,s how i planned to manage it.

Take profit 1 has been hit.Stop loss moved to break even)

Checked this morning and it hit my stop loss which was at a break even.Well the trade is called successful if it hit,s your first TP and you took partial profit)

Happy trading.

Hello everyone)March is about to end.In this month i took 4 trades and 3 out of 4 were successful.I missed one though.Five A+ trades sounds good.Well these were just with the trend trades i also saw some solid trades but gave them a miss as a learner because they were against the trend .I am feeling a huge change in my trading concepts and attitude.The hardest part i found so far using this method to sit on your hands with great patience when you have no setup.Still i haven,t controlled my patience yet and having itching when have no setup to trade.Besides that i also have some problems with my trade management.So can,t go live now wanna spend some more time on a demo.
Thanks.

hello marketdea,

nice setup!
do you think your TP2 will also be hit?

mike

finally i took the EUR JPY (4h) tradeā€¦

and then i noticed that i had EUR JPY on my short list for 1h timeframe this morningā€¦then switched to 4h TF and never went backā€¦
and now iā€™m a little bit annoyed with myself, because on 1h TF this trade would have made a nice 60+ profit within 2-3 hours with no need to enter the 4h TFā€¦pin bar at support line, perfect setup!

For me this would be watching for daily buy signals or for a break to the downside , I took a quick look at the one hour pin bar you have shown and this would not have been a valid pin bar by this threads rules as the pin did not close within the previous candle

Joffie

you are rightā€¦itā€™s not a pin bar by definition of this threadā€¦

but i might have taken the trade anyway, with some nice profitā€¦

Might have, should have, could of, would of all doesnt make a difference if you did not.

We have mentioned in here before, do not be concerned about another time frame and stick to the one you trading. The pin you upset about worked this time, and like Johno says, have an edge and stick to good setups and dont concern yourself about iffy trades. Took me many years to realize that and in here you have Johno saying it all the time.

Come on guys, listen to him and you will improve your trading.

Cheers

Just a little trick to keep you fellows interested in how powerful PA is.

I only trade counter trend when there is a clear double bottom or triple bottom like in this chart, IF and only IF the PIN bar was large compared to preceding bars would I have longed at the level Forexmike is referring to.

I like to have a ā€œQUICKā€ look and it makes me feel better :slight_smile: is to see a divergence with an indicator. Really hope Johno doesnt shoot me for saying that, haha

Correct me if I am wrong but that looks like a A/J chart. If it is I am currently long this at the same spot. Same SL (pretty much) I didnt not set a TP on this trade I am going to trail the stop and let the market take me out.

RSI Divergence is a very powerful took I think, I also use it.

How many pips did you get for TP1?

We have a nice BUEB which formed on the AUD/USD 4H chart which is right at the area I was watching for a bullish signal and it looks like we got one. This is a major support and resistance zone and it is also on a round number of 1.0400. The BUEB engulfs the previous two bars and it looks like it will be going up. We will have to watch and see!

AUD/USD 4H Chart

Sorry the chart is a little zoomed out

So this is where iti gets interested. According to this specific strategy that wouldnt be considered a valid signal as it isnt right at the swing low and is also small compared to the surrounding bars especially the recent bearish bars. It is also trading straight into the pretty significant level at all the bar lows (I cant see but think that it is .0423)

Certainly not suggesting you are wrong in any way at all, just really interesting to get down to the details of different PA strategies as it is def not a simple case of just taking pins or engulfing bars at S/R

looking forwards to hearing your thoughts

Hi Patty!

Thanks for the question. Now you are right about those two points but, I feel that this is a VERY strong support and resistance zone with the round number and all of the previous touches on the S and R zone and it is a very good spot to enter long. It is also with the daily trend which is a very strong uptrend.

This trade might not be an A+ trade but i feel that this trade is going to be a successful one. For the the main reason I entered this trade is because of the really strong S and R zone that the BUEB printed on. That added with the overall trend up i liked this trade.

I am not saying i am right or that I am a master Forex trader because i am faarrr from it but I just like to post the charts that i find to be useful to the thread.

I hope that I explained that to you, haha if you have any more questions feel free to shoot them my way :slight_smile:

Hi Trade

I saw this inside bar @ support with trend and thought of you. Is this how you trade it?

Cheers

Per my rules I donā€™t take any intraday trades off the 4hr charts until the London session opens unless the pair was say AUDJPY etc, I am also watching the AUDUSD at the daily support and round number but will wait until the London opens, and I do agree that the buy signal also per my own rules is not at a swing low or that large for me, now a nice spike down taking out all of those buys this morning with a big bullish pin engulfing on the next candle would be what Iā€™m watching for a buy entry

Joffie

whats about GBPAUD H4 short setup

Hello Forexmike) Thanks and no it didn,t hit second TP.Chekout the latest chart i added to that post.That,s why i always take partial profits at TP1.

Right I have had enough!

If you are going to rip my work off at least have the guts to say where it has come from. This week I have found websites with my articles posted word for word, my commentary taken and the copyright links taken off and other sites that take the guts of all my work and change their words. It is not on! I have a team that is constantly on the look out for this and we take copyright breaches very seriously.

I have not invented anything whatsoever, but I have worked bloody hard to make content that is free to help. The work I have made has taken hours upon hours and I am not going to just watch someone rip it off!

Also if you think you can come in here get mine and the seniors help and start other threads on other site telling people how are a pro traders when you were asking questions about what price action is a month ago you will be caught out!

I am away for Easter having a holiday, but when I get back I will be in this thread more getting it back on track. A lot of junk has creeped in. Everyone knows from the first page not to do things like post indicators and other time charts. From now on to keep this clean if you canā€™t follow simple instructions you will be blocked from the thread. I am sick of asking the admins to clean up the thread as a lot of pages are full of rubbish with questions like ā€œWhat broker can I useā€ when we list 5 of them in the first post!

This is my first rant in over 700 pages and I plan it to be the last but I have had enough! The people who this is targeted at know who you are.

Johnathon

I agree with you and it will be more better if you put some copy right notice in the first post of this thread.So next people will know that they should not share this free content somewhere else.