Forex Price Action

Cancelled my EUR/USD trade due to big spike up. Anyone got any ideas why that price spike happened on all the majors? Was it due to Obamas speech?

Hi Konan

No I did not move to BE yet, only when I reach my FRA will I move it to BE.

Cheers

Hello everyone)Yesterday i took a long trade of GBPAUD on a H4 chart.Which i am going to share.The risk reward was 1:1.

That how i managed it.

Well this was a small target trade on a intraday chart with 1:1 risk reward so i did not divide my position.Just set the one and final take profit level.

And take profit level has been hit)

Thanks
Happy Trading

Lovely trade, same setup occured on the GU but this one worked out better, thanks for sharing

Showing trades after they play out arent really helpful to your learning and teaching others. It would be much better to show these setups before they play out. Nice trade though :slight_smile:

Posting trades that have already played out is still helpful in the learning process. It helps to ingrain the ability to see good setups by staring at ones that have already happend. I like to try and see as many charts as a I can whether they win or lose and try to figure out/ develop reason to why price went the way it did.

Please keep posting charts whether they are live or not.

Iā€™m not saying to not post charts. Of course thatā€™s helpful. Posting charts before hand is only going to help you as a trader. Itā€™s something Iā€™m going to begin doing myself. I personally needed to build a little confidence for myself before I decided to begin posting charts live. Iā€™m encouraging a good practice. As traders we are trying to play probabilities to ā€œanticipateā€ which way the market is going. So lets anticipate together :slight_smile:

Here is a setup i spotted on the EURUSD chart after the NY close.

Here are my reasons:

Pros:

1. At resistance from the previous 2BR (which didnā€™t work).
  2. With the trend
  3. Signal has a decent size compared to the 9 bars before it.
  4. Signal formed around 50% fib level.

Cons:

1. Not too sure if my resistance is marked correctly or if it should be a little higher around 1.3244 to be more in line with previous high/lows (see second chart)
  2. Might run into some traffic on the way down towards the BRN of 1.3000 (as marked). I would put this traffic around another BRN of 1.3100.
  3. Risk vs reward would be less then 1:1 which is isnā€™t optimal for TP1.

Would love to hear you guys comment on this setup.

Setting up 2 orders to see what happens and learn from it.

Entry = break of pinbar
S/L = high of pinbar
TP1 = 1.3100 (less then 1:1 R:R)
TP2 = 1.3000

Remitu

Ps. Also using a new chart colorscheme so it should be much easier to read now :slight_smile:

Hey remitu,

In my opinion risk reward isnā€™t always important. It doesnā€™t always have to be 1:1 for you to take a trade. Give the trade a chance and protect your capital. With that said your resistance level is similar to mine and think your ok with that level.
Where is your first trouble area? I have mine marked around 1.3138. To be honest I like the look of the trade but will be choosing to pass because of how close the FTA is.

Hey in2fx33,

Thank you for your reply.

I put R:R in there to make sure i was paying some attention to it but reading the articles at FSO i know this is not my biggest concern.

I agree with your FTA, i had mine around 1.3100 (abit above and below it).

With that in mind i can see that with my entry at 1.3159 it does not have to go down alot for it to (maybe) run into trouble.

Will keep the orders on to see what happens as i planned.

Remitu

Coolā€¦Hope it works out for everyone in :slight_smile:

Hi Remitu,

i also put at sell stop at the bottom of the pin bar, and my Resistance level also same with you. wish this signal can give us some pips.

Rgds
MTTEE

NZDCAD and NZDCHF on the supporting area and strongly trend up PIN bar forming if any one intrested ā€¦plot in to 4HR ā€¦

hi, i have taken the EURUSD trade to but due to the forecast ECB rate cut i have placed my tps a bit further away, first one is 1.3000 and will move my stop to BE here, second is 1.2770

Exactly the reasons why I stayed out of this one. The most important thing I learned from Johnathon is the patience to wait for the 3-4 trades that would come around in a month which are A+ and which I can trade with conviction and put hard earned money on the line. My resistance is marked higher and I have learned not to play around with resistance lines drawn previously to suit current PA. I like your color scheme, btw. This might still work, but not for me. All the best who are on this trade live :).

Raj

Since this thread has been here for awhile, Iā€™m wondering how many people are consistently profitable? Iā€™m interested in exploring price action.

What does everyone think of this setup? We have an inside bar + pinbar off resistance on the GBPCHF daily.

From January I havenā€™t losing monthā€¦ Then I found Johnathonā€™s PA strategyā€¦

Hey Kevin,

Welcome to the thread.

We dont really trade inside bars in here because they dont (always) give the reliable signals we are looking for.

Also for this to be a pinbar (reversal) we would have wanted that candle flipped 180 degrees to signal a reversal (which would be in line with the recent trend (up)).

This pretty much signals nothing for us to watch.

Iā€™m still learning (alot) so please take my advice lightly as i do not have anywhere near the experience some of the ā€œseniorsā€ in here do.

Remitu

Thanks for your input, Remitu. Iā€™m still learning PA myself.

Add to the pros, it (PB) formed on the 50% fib retracement, sell is same direction as trend, I think its a lovely setup.

PG