Forex Price Action

Nice spot. But I would like to see a bigger pin to take this counter trend trade.
Also, the position of the body looks like a doji to me. Cheers

Looks like the body formed more towards the middle. Would have been nicer if it had more of a bullish close.

I feel so too. If the candle can close below the open then it would be perfect. By the way, is this a valid pin bar? Because I am still learning on Price action. Hope to get some opinion.

[QUOTE=ā€œjoeypips;497567ā€]Hey everyone, iā€™m still learning and i could use some help. I am currently looking at the USD/CHF 1HR and i think i noticed a pin bar at a support level .9395. Iā€™m waiting for price to bounce of that support level in order to confirm my trade. Could i get some thoughts on this evaluation. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeh that is a pin and at a nice level but if your starting out its best to just trade daily and 4HR and that is a counter trend trade

This is not valid pin bar to trade false break, and the price is already pass the resistance level.

it look like an indecision bar more than a pin bar.

Hi [B]johnathon and some other seniors[/B])The second week is about to go without any solid A+ trade .May was also a very less trading opportunity month.Usually i got 1 set-up in a week but since may i am sitting on my hands for weeks without any solid setup. Now i am having some serious itching )I heard about the less volatility in summers so its just about the less volatility or its just normal routine testing our patience and discipline?Well i am just trading for 3 months and i want seniors to shed some light on this issue.
Thanks
Happy Trading

[QUOTE=ā€œmarketdeal;497744ā€]Hi johnathon and some other seniors)The second week is about to go without any solid A+ trade .May was also a very less trading opportunity month.Usually i got 1 set-up in a week but since may i am sitting on my hands for weeks without any solid setup. Now i am having some serious itching )I heard about the less volatility in summers so its just about the less volatility or its just normal routine testing our patience and discipline?Well i am just trading for 3 months and i want seniors to shed some light on this issue.
Thanks
Happy Trading[/QUOTE]

I agree, I have also noticed that. It seem that the majority of Price action setups that have formed have been trend reversals. Not very many pullbacks with the trend.

Hello fellow education seekers
On page 403 at the moment and thought i would jump to the end and say hello.
Special thanks to Jonathon and his team for a great thread.
Very new to this but I thought I would give it a go.
The chart below is the AUDUSD H4 I am waiting for a retrace back to my Resistence line
and if there is a special standout bar that tells me it wants to go lower i would short with a PT of 0.9400
which is a signifacant area from OCT 2011. I would welcome any comments

Same hereā€¦ :wink:

yeah I agree. I have just recently learned PA and want to get to trading but this market is certainly testing my patience. So far Iā€™ve been holding strong and havenā€™t placed any trades unless they are A+.

Hi everyone, am seeing a double-bottom emarged on daily Eur/Usd. If am right, it may mean a continued bullish trend in the next 2 weeks or soā€¦ Can anybody comment on this? Will appreciate, thanks.

[Hi Edmo,
Iā€™m new here (this is my first post) and havenā€™t quite gotten through the first 50 pages (46 so far) but I wanted to quickly put my 2 cents in what Iā€™ve been watching in the EUR/USD.
Iā€™ve actually been looking for some bearish PA right around this level because of (what I think is) a huge head and shoulders pattern in the EUR/USD daily chart starting about the first of May last year. Iā€™m thinking that maybe it tested support a couple of weeks ago, is hitting some resistance about now (from the high of the right shoulder), and is poised to go lower from here.
OK, back to page 46.
(Sorry, apparently I donā€™t have enough posts to attach a chart yet. )

Well I am not sure if the trend will continue for the next two weeks but I can tell you that double-bottom or whatever that is called are not traded or used in this thread.

If you read the first 100 pages or so you can learn the PA that is traded by followers of this thread and they are much more simple PA signals than looking for a two week trend signal.

This thread is a goldmine for keeping things simple and as long as you are picky with your PA signals and use correct MM you cannot fail in being profitable;)

My apologies Stimpy, and to everyone else on the thread. Iā€™m afraid I did the same thing.

Hi Stimpy, thanks for your insight. But I have always thought that double-bottom is a part and necessary tool of PA.

just took a trade on the weekly chart for usdjpy three days ago and luckily it just closed out the second position today

my criteria was the engulfing bar which was located at the top of a trend. i took this as a trend reversal since it happened on a major s/r area that dates back to 1994

i realize we are either getting in with trends or picking reversals should they be obvious. this was my first attempt at trading on the weekly chart, as i was prepared to let it run for a few more weeks if necessary. maybe it was luck?

been a while since i posted here so go easy on me lol

Hey guys. Iā€™m still beginning and generally got the hang of things, but I have a question. When drawing support and resistance, is it better to draw the lines where the candle body or the candle wick touches? I ask because I see people for example posting up a chart where the candle wick touches a support and resistance area, and ones where the candle body touches the support or resistance area while the wick goes quite far out. I know S/R areas are ā€œzonesā€ but some wicks are quite big.

Furthermore, when looking back at price to determine S/R levels, do you look for an S/R level that has been touched by the candle body? Wick? Or both?

Thanks.

I am currently using the "dudest and bryce method. " - i draw a single line only near the current price (bryce) and i draw it after switching to a line chart (dudest). This works for me. All the answers are in the threads :slight_smile:

Cheers
Raj

Ah yes, the line chart makes it much easier. Thanks.