Forex Price Action

Maybe we should join forces in the near future, krugman25. I also have a dream of opening my own investment company in my country. Still a long way to go, though. I want to make sure I am really REALLY good in handling my own money before handling other people’s money. I choose to push my practical skill in technical analysis using Price Action analysis to the limit, like the one we used in this forum and FSO as it really offers the highest probability and consistency to be profitable in long run, and just like you said it can really be had by using a great trading method and good self management.

Thank you so much for this, it boosted my motivation :slight_smile:

Here is a post from Johnathon on 21.Aug.2013 after a series of great setups,in my opinion that post was a GEM!

Originally Posted by Forex School Online
Lot of super dooper trading done in here in the last 24-48 hours!!

The reason I post is because right now is the second most dangerous period for a traders account! After a series of win is when the trader if super likely to give it all back and then some if they do not have the experience of regularly making money. Don’t let this be you. Hold onto that money and keep it. The major problem is the feeling of making money is a rush that is hard to get anywhere else and everyone wants to get this feeling over and over again and so once the trade is finished they will look for the next “Hit” (the next trade). The trick for you is to make sure the next trade is just as A+ as the last trade you played and as long as it is then if it loses then it doesn’t matter. Just keep playing A+ trades and don’t fall into the trap of starting to chase trades for the felling of being in a trade.

The other thing is that anyone who has been trading for a while will now know is that trades tend to come in waves and it is all about saving your cash whilst others burn theirs and then striking. There will be quiet periods in the market where the market does not much. This is the number 1 period where the trader is likely to lose their money. This is where traders need to save their cash and sit in the corner watching as other traders post their trades in here and losing their money knowing that a bunch of trades come in waves because they always do like we have just had. This is how traders who trades a lot less can make a lot more. They watch through the quiet period when the market is ranging and bopping up and down as other lose money. These traders who lose during this period have to then play catch up. When they are then playing the good trades they are only recouping losses to get back to break even, where as the other traders who have sat patiently smoking their pip can strike and clean up.

Some food for thought after these next few trades end in the coming days…

Johnathon

Hi, everyone!
Would you consider a wrong PA setup on EUR JPY H4?
Buy with those 2BR:

Having a hard time given them up, there like good luck charms now. I now look at PA and S&R first. Then glance at them last. Once I have some successful PA trades I will finally believe in the force and become a true Jedi.

Hey there Darth- I was reading some of your older posts and see you’ve found some pretty high levels of success! Looking forward to interacting with you here…[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! Well all my success was on demo but it help me learn a lot. Second week trading live and still in the black but only down to poor market conditions ie stalling and me not seeing trading “A+” setups.

Though I’m excited to be on board.

I have a burning question, when you have an Engulfing bar does the engulfing bar wick have to also engulf the previous bar’s wick as well?

Hi cosminc,

It is more of a decision bar than of a pin bar if you combine those two candles together.

a GOOD pin bar should looks like this.

a GOOD 2Bar Reversal looks like this

(From FSO)

Jack

Hi Darth,

According to the rules of this Particular Price Action Method by Johnathon, clean chart is [B]absolute necessary[/B] for those who wants to learn and to post in the thread. Firstly, it is a form of respect for the thread starter, beside, it will TRUELY open your eyes. Indicators will only drive you away from what the Price Action Story is really trying to show you.

My suggestion is that you clean your charts, empty your cup and fully embrace this method if you sincerely want to learn and i promise, you will be surprised by the high success rate of the method.

Cheers!

Jack

Hi,
I think this could be a good trade. Now waiting if it close as PB.

I have my eyes on it too but, so far, it doesn’t look as a pin bar… one something hour to go

You could be right, but, I have my resistance line drawn on about 0.84707, this pair confused me a bit, would like to hear what others have to think :slight_smile:

Hi,
Welcome on board! Sry forgot to mention that on the previous post.

Anw this is a example of a GOOD Engulfing bar

And yes, engulfing bar’s wick has to engulf the previous bar’s wick as well.

For the record, there will be about 1-5 A+ setups a month on Daily Timeframe. So we have to be patient waiting for them.

Besides, a good start will be for you to read finish first 100 pages of the thread. You will find most of your questions answered there.

Welcome again!

Jack

I maybe got a bit too big for my own boots lol. But, what I remember is when I posted stupid stuff, the best thing ever was being told straight, go back and read through the notes again, nothing I said was meant to be harsh, just trying to prevent people from taking rubbish setups, and like I said, being told to read through everything again basically helped me a lot as it helped me understand the main principle of the trading style here.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, just trying to help people out :slight_smile:

Do you mind Jonathan if I give out my notes on the thread? 108 page word doc…

EDIT: Making the word doc is what I did second time reading the thread, it really sunk the info into my head, might be a good idea to help people learn also :slight_smile:

From what i see, there is a strong support just right below the Pin.

Besides, i really would like it if the price had went down deeper and retrace back. In that case, it will provide more “room” for the price to move down.

Cheers!

Jack

I’ve always wanted to read the whole thread one more time. Good that you did!

Thoughts on Gold?

Price has moved down on the daily chart with a pretty strong downward move. It is sitting at the 50% fibo level and on support, a pin bar has formed, maybe not big enough compared to the previous candles, but if price holds below 1365 level, we could look for shorts around there? Thoughts :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, i thought you read the thread twice. I dont think this is a setup at all with the pin bar you talking about and Johnathon mentioned that although Fib is used sometimes, we dont use it as a decision making tool for any setup at all. Hope im not mistaken by what you trying to say.

Jack

I would love to have the doc if it is an option

I am not saying it is a setup, I am saying wait for price to retrace back to 1365 area, then look for shorts, old support turning to resistance, and I am not saying I am using the fibo as a decision making tool, I am just pointing it out. Hope that clears up what I posted before :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Adam

Yup totally cool :slight_smile: