Forex Price Action

Hi Shoe,

Welcome to this thread.

I was stalking that setup when it was in the making! However I had to go out so nothing happened on my side.

I think it’s a superb PA signal and valid in every way. Your FTAs are correct .
MArket structure wise eur/nzd made a lower high but yet failed to make a lower low on the daily as it is stuck in
a somewhat ranging market. Which could get tricky.

I wish you all the best.

Cheers

im using alpari mt5. they hv 8hr charts. tried to install the timeframe convertor indicator to the original mt4 but it was an extreme hassle

audusd h4. beeb stopped at BRN 0.94 at swing high. and yes I’ve changed my bias. ( it happens)

Thoughts?

Darth

@Kasravi and Darth; thx for your reply :slight_smile:

Another question, does anybody know how I can split positions in MT5? I entered severel Pending Orders but when they were triggered they were assembled to one big position. So, now I cant have different TPs…

Cheers

Mt5 has got a new type of position netting which is different from the former version .mt4.
Here is how I get around that problem.

For multiple TP targets I set buy/sell stops in the opposite direction, which effectively closes a pre defined
portion of my trade once it get’s triggered.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Yes, that helps! Thx a lot :45:

Weekend with the kids, Monday they’re back to school and the house is quiet again :wink:

Claudio

Hi Darth
My view.

good points- BEEB has closed below RN (.9400) and is in direction of main trend, it is also sitting at fib 50% line for the larger downtrend ( used for confirmation only).

Not good for me points - BEEB is not big enough (doesn’t stand out enough from other candles), it hasn’t reached my resistance area (.9450) and so is not a swing high. Having said that there is an area to the left in Oct that some may have as a resistance area.

So for me it is not a trade.

Good luck to those who are in.
Kiwiman

I honestly didn’t know MT5 handled trades that way :O, sucks

Thanks for pointing it out guys!

CHeers

True, no need to hustle with Period Converter when MT5 is available.

I also like having MT4 and MT5 charting so that when an anomaly (e.g weird candle spike) happens, I can compare.

Cheers

Awesome tips. Thanks, Kasravi!

MT5 is here to stay, so we’d better get used to it. :smiley:

Welcome 555shoe! :slight_smile:

Hey Willy :slight_smile:

Johnathon didn’t say he doesn’t condone it, he just said he wouldn’t / doesn’t do it himself.

Anyways just my take of course and as I always say there is many ways to skin a cat and many ways to do things. The poor old cat would not have much left of him now!

Feel free to post your A+ monthly setups

Cheers :slight_smile:

But won’t that require you to ‘follow’ the news to know which major news is happening in the short term? :slight_smile:

What Johno is saying is: even without knowing news was coming out, it was apparent that:

a) The GBPCHF has been choppy, and ranging between levels

b) With that in mind, targets (and management) for the BEEB would have had to be different, targeting the range levels.

It just so happened that one of those levels under the BEEB:

i) was one at which price had bounced around in the recent past

ii) was in the very near vicinity of a round number ( 1.4600 )

iii) was the 50.0 Fib retrace of the previous upswing (!)

i), ii), and iii) equals confluence. Something was very likely to happen there.

I hope I can convince you that the chart suffices :slight_smile:

Cheers

Hey Watt!

Hope you stuck to your plan and took the USDZAR pin, price has fallen away nicely since.

Cheers!

The first TP got hit and my plan was to move the remaining position to BE at this point and I will stick to it cause we dont change plans, but…:21:

when I now look at the chart it appears quite aggressiv to move my S/L so near to the actual price and I wonder if it would have been a “better plan” to move the S/L to just under the 1.61000 Level? I realize that this is up to personal preferances but if anybody has some thoughts on this I would appreciate it.

Cheers

ahh makes sense. good plan.

Darth

Yeah BEEB was too small for me too. I left it too. Still could go either way imho.

Good trading all.

Darth

Ahh dudest my olde bean you very compelling…as always. Thank you for your insight.

the force is strong in this one me thinks.

Darth

Yeah you are

Hey dudest,

not only that, USDZAR is currently on 50% Fibo and strong killzone area. If there is a great PA signal, we can go long with the trend. :smiley: