Forex Price Action

Salut thebud49

Si tu as besoin d’aide avec la traduction de quelques postes n’hesite pas :slight_smile:

A+

This is interesting me and the way we all perceive charts differently. Yes I agree with your chart… Looks like a good opportunity to go long.

Here’s mine though.

See I have a resistance line at 1.48052. So in my view the trend is up in general except it fell through the support (1.48052) a few hours ago and has since tried to break the new resistance (1.48052) and has failed. So I would argue using my charts a short is the best way to play it if it wasnt against the overall trend.

So in summary…

Your chart = go long
My chart = do nothing

What is everyone elses opinion?

Based on the 4HR chart, there’s a stronger bearish PB after the one mentioned, both of which closed under 1.48RN (not a reason to go short). I’d look for a cleaner long entry imo :slight_smile:

Guys I am not trying to be a forum policeman or anything but rules of the thread only horizontal S/R no trendlines or moving average or anything else. Just clean chart with horizontal S/R

thanks

Anyone else seen this bueb on silver d1?

Formed at a KHL, nice swing down and big PA.

Only con is that its a CT.

But I think it can hit the FSA.

dARTH

Guys this thread has worked and helped a ton of traders become profitable and successful traders because it sticks to rules. What we do works, but for traders to succeed they need to be able to commit and educate themselves. There are a ton of other threads that find everything that they can, including indicators and ema’s etc and add it all to their trading and call themselves price action traders, but what we do works for a reason. We don’t use indicators at all, we only use price action and logical levels. We do not use trend lines.

If you want to learn and become successful then there is literally a ton of information in these pages. Go to the first page and start reading and start asking questions, but please no more indicators, trend lines or new talk. Also I will help and answer any question and help anyone who needs it, but only for those that have first made an attempt to go through the first lot of pages and tried to help themselves. It is super clear when traders come here and start posting upside down pin bars and asking for help.

Johnathon

Heya Tse,

When we are trading we are not trading and making trades hoping that others are also trading the same signal. For example; if I make a 6hr pin bar trade, I am not entering that pin hoping that a lot of others are also entering that 6hr pin bar to make it a winner.

This is not how price action works. Being a price action trader allows you to have an insight into the markets behavior. It does not matter what time frame you go to, you are looking directly at what the market is doing in live time being printed directly onto your chart.

That price printed on your chart is a representation of all the buyers and sellers in the market at that exact time. When you are looking at price action on your chart you are just looking at the behavior of all the traders in the market and what they have done. Overtime humans and traders react and behave the same way. They will never react exactly the same way and that’s why no method is and never will be 100% accurate, but given similar circumstances, traders repeat the same habits over and over again.

For as long as there are humans in the marketplace there will forever be a great opportunity to make money from trading price action. Humans all have what are called universal instincts. These instincts are inbuilt and cannot be changed. These things like; the fear of missing out on a trade, fear of losing, greed, peer pressure etc, they are universal. Whilst these universal instincts can be controlled and that’s why some people can make money, they DO create mistakes and that’s why there will always be opportunity to make money for as long as humans trade the markets.

These mistakes manifest themselves in the price action and it is in the repeatable price action patterns that the price action traders can start to take advantage of. Price action traders are not just trading patterns, they are trading human behavior, order flow signals and many other market factors all built into the price action.

So when I am looking to trade a 3 day chart or a 2hr chart I am not trading it because I want other to trade the same signal, I am trading the repeatable price action pattern which is human behavior or order flow which has repeated time and time again.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Great post Jon, Have a question regarding you method of creating alternative timeframes. I used your walkthrough at FSO and I can only see info in an offline chart, is this normal?

Darth

Hello,

I am new here. I was wonder if daily was stopped by RN (BRN?) but 4h shows that the candle bar has closed below (with Price Action) the BRN. Should I have taken the trade? It is going with the trend too.

Purple line is 1.1750

just 2 line and 1 pin bar

Guys I am not trying to be a forum policeman or anything but rules of the thread only horizontal S/R no trendlines or moving average or anything else. Just clean chart with horizontal S/R

thanks

thanks EnternalB

Hey dude have you read the first 50 pages?

Darth

The advice “Draw support levels first and then trade price action at those level and not the other way around” I think is really really important. I have not really seen it talked about concisely other than here. It is possible for pretty much every single bar that looks interesting to have a pivot post humourously drawn through it. It only “works” if that level is a real S/R level. Its a very good tip. Thank you J.

Guys i am new to this method, and just going over Jonathan’s links,

Is this a decent setup, cant make out overall trend

Will you guys take this if confirmed ? it is a pin bar right

Wouldn’t call it a pin bar more like a bueb and at a VBRN of 0.9000. Remember if you see a signal on any chart you play tp and sl on that chart. so stick to 4h chart for profit and sl. Not bad looking trade but is a counter trade which are inheriently more riskier.

Darth

Darth

thank you,

on NZDUSD we were inside the bar, I do not take short because it is not a good setup.

hope GJ will down more

I am new to this thread so i am going to try be super nice. Your enthusiasm is envyable but you need to learn and then experiment. You are trading CT so need a good risk reward for this to be worth it. Where you got in was unlikely to even be 1:1 before the market got to the support at 166.790. You broke the rule about trading away from carnage not into it.

Hi, I would like to introduce myself. I’m an experienced PA scalper but was looking into trading longer time frames. I like this thread and there are a lot of themes that correlate to what I am used to. I look forward to talking through some of the points in this thread with you guys over the coming months while i test things out.