Forex Price Action

look ate the size of the bullish candles (last 3 candles) on your left do you really want to fight those with such a small pin bar ?

the easy rule of thumb is “if it is not OBVIOUS then it is not worth it” meaning don’t go looking for things, it should popup right to your eyes

good luck

In a nutshell, yes.

i’m going to format my pc, i think that the indicator rly messed up something somewhere.

As Mr. J suggested, have you already tried opening a demo account with another broker and downloading their MT4 platform yet? Try that first.

Also, try to open your account on another PC / laptop and see if it works properly there.

There are others here with far more experience using MT4 then me, but am sure most would agree that right now it’s just a process of elimination for you.

Hello Leon! I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner, I just logged into babypips today since I posted that setup. The market has already answered your question. I’m still holding my short position and looking to liquidate at 1.4436 because the market looks like it’s going to go lower, just look at that down trend! I also went long the pin on CADCHF on the same day.

Hi all, I would like to know your opinions about setups (pinbars) on EURUSD and EURGBP Daily TF. My thoughts are EURUSD is pretty big, it is countertrend but this support has held in the past, and it formed at important area, not sure about swing low. EURGBP I am not sure if it´s a swing high that I want to trade it from (not a big pullback) and it´s not that big but it is obvious. Also I would wait until Monday to see what happens then with both.
I am only demo-trading so not a big deal but comments are appreciated :slight_smile: (I hope those charts are NY close)
BTW thise candles havent closed yet so will be waiting what happens.

USD CHF DAILY
EUR USD DAILY

Both good levels and pinbars if they stay as they are.
Correlated pairs.
Both charts signaling the reversal.

They really look good USD/CHF D and EU/USD D , i’ll have to check it next week. Everyone have a great week-nd i will take an extended week-nd.

Hi Jamie. I might be wrong but sounds like you’re having a similar problem to what I had with MT4. You have to open a new chart for every forex pair you want to follow. So if you want to follow 28 pairs, open 28 new charts and put a pair on each and as you add notes, they will stay on each chart. You can’t just drag a new pair onto a chart or it keeps all the previous markings. Each chart needs its own window. Sorry for being off topic. Hope this helps. Good luck.

On my Pepperstone demo and Oanda live charts I can drag & drop from pair to pair and each time only the lines for that respective pair show up. Even if I go back to a pair only the lines I initially placed are still there.

But I do agree it’s easier to open X number of charts (28 in JL’s case), set your S & R lines and then click on the tabs to switch between them. Plus if you have multiple trades going it’s also easier IMHO to keep an eye on them too.

i finally gave up trying after trying multi platform on both mt4 and mt5, and formating my pc.

atm i’m just making new profiles for each pair, which is nice in a way as it allows me to do things like this.
i.imgur.com/zRb3xb9.jpg (Under 5 posts)

i like being able to see each time frame within the same screen, also i can use shift-F5 to cycle between each profile allows me to check each pair quickly.

thank you for all the help guys, and i must say this thread is awsome.
i haven’t even finished setting up my mt4 demo profiles and i feel very comfortable going into my first trading experiance.

(p.s. let me know if i have made any mistakes with my screenshot setup. thank you)

See this thread for an indicator that does exactly that.
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/56948-mt4-display-more-than-one-timeframe-within-same-chart-window.html

Nice thread ! Keep on the good work.

I have a question, just out curiosity how long after starting to demo-trade did you guys become profitable? I read all the educational stuff in here and I need to practise now to pick those best trades and manage them so I just want to ask how long it took you to get that skill :slight_smile: Thanks

If you have multiple charts open then [B]DO NOT HIT “SHIFT-F5”[/B].

I had about 30 pairs all set up with my S/R lines, I hit shift F5 and they all closed except the one I was currently viewing; which then opened in 3 time frames (1HR, 4HR, Daily) with the default screen and 3 indicators on the bottom (MACD, Scho., RSI).

Now I get to back and waste an hour or two re-setting all of my charts.

Hi matko,

Good question.

There is no set timeframe, but Johnathon himself advocates 3 month of solid profitable trading should give you enough confidence to put your money in the game.

Best

hey matko24 & EternalNewB,

Thanks for the advice

Hey guys,

am watching the CHFJPY on intraday charts at the moment at the key daily level for any potential price action to get short…

Daily CHFJPY Chart

1hr CHFJPY Chart

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Thanx for the heads up, i actually missed this one tonight.

curious on thoughts of these trades, these are basically my first trades, attention needed on ST/TP levels as i’m still not 100% on them yet.

i.imgur.com/Z5nwYGU.jpg (still <5 posts)

EUR/USD
after seeing the small pin over support and the loss in strenght from the bears i decided to go in on this based on the indecision around the support line.
Intra day/volumes supports the bulls so thought it was worth the 2/1 risk. (might have read it wrong though : )

GBP/JPY
little risky this one as its against the trend, but after showing a “three inside down” candle formation the bears rallied straight to support line, at which point they lost strenght again, after the bull regained support during the swing low a piercing line and engulfing formation formed on the 8hour chart which is when i entered.
again i’m still unsure about my TP/ST since i’m goig against the trend, i didn’t have funds to hedge at 50% retracement, so will tighten up my stop loss when it gets there.

interested in feedback on my evaluation of the price action. (i understand its not A+ pin bars, but trying to learn how to “read the story” while i wait for them A= setups : )

Johnathon, how is your mom doing, is she any better?

Eurusd is posting bullish price action, no doubt, but it’s waiting for a trigger . It will be today’s CPI numbers or existing home sales…

Now we have to wait for the daily candle to close on CHFJPY to give us a bearish enqulfing, H4 closed right at the support zone of 112.619. Am I seeing it right? Thanks :slight_smile:

Yes you are right the H4 closed right on Support. If it had closed below I may have strongly considered taking it.