Forex Price Action

What do you guys think about this setup? I would like to see this pinbar to be bigger with stronger close, however it´s a good area to go short. What are your thoughts?

If you look at the 8 hr time frame, it also has a pin bar that meets our criteria except that it did not close bearish, but the preceeding few candles were smaller than the pin bar, actually I was tempted to take this setup at the 8 hour time frame, I am in the trade already as it took the price… but don’t take my word for it I am just a newbie, hear it from more experienced traders.

My thing is I dont have an H8 TF in my cTrader, I only use H4 and D1 and I am also just learning :slight_smile:

I’ll be going for this trade also i beleive, the support line has landed on 1.57000, also 12h/4h RSI’s are close to over-bought.

i’ll put a sell at 1.567, with first tp at 1.557, and move sp into break even.

Another to keep an eye on.

This is a no-gap chart from FXCM Marketscope on the EUR/NZD 1D. Looks pretty scary now, huh? Also note a trouble area immediately below.

Pinbar looks OK, since the strength of the bullish movement has started to wane as indicated by the bars preceding it. However, as with the daily chart, there’s a trouble area immediately below.

Hi Jamie you prob need to include pair and time frame on your posted charts.cheers

yeah, does seem a bit small to read it.

updated the picture, should be clearer now

Nice one Jamie and like you say could be one worth watching, cheers.

I had the same problem, I guess it has to do with templates saving the lines you’ve put on the charts. To my knowledge this does not depend on the broker, I’ve had it on half a dozen broker’s MT4 platforms.

To go around this, I save a template of the chart without any lines drawn on it. Then right click on a pair from market watch -> Chart Window. Then right click on that newly opened chart window and select Templates -> whatever template you wish.

yeah this is what i have to do also

Hi Jamie and Pin Tonic not sure why your having this problem or what you’ve tried apart from what you mentioned , any way this might or might not help . First remove all your charts bar one (making note of what you have first),on the remaining chart remove all the crap and leave a clean white chart with green up bars and red down bars or whatever takes your fancy. Next save to template. Next bring up new chart for each pair you want (28 pairs) then bring up each chart in turn clicking saved template when all done save to profiles. then mark each chart with your support and resistance .In theory that should do it, hope this helps.

yeah basically exactly what i have done, i’m using a template for each, and i had been using a profile also to have multie time zone layouts, but i’ve since srapped it, as i didn’t need to see them at all times.

on a plus note, i’m literally about to make my first trading session (not just messing around)
I’ll be noting everything in a journal, in the journal section on the forum (once i write it up) come check it out, i could use the feedback.

it all started right in this thread for me, i can’t thank you all enough, it really opened my eyes/mind and gave a easy way of looking at forex.

all thats left now is some trial and error… wish me luck.

(P.S My Journal)

here´s what I am looking at today.
I finished reading the important info in this thread and now I am focusing on taking only the right PA under all those important conditions. The result of this is that it´s been a while since I took some trade :smiley:

I am the newbies here, look forward to learn more from this thread.

is that swing high, isn’t it?

not at a swing high and pinbar not sticking above everything else on the 4hr so maybe not Tinagon

Eurusd and Usdcad with engulfing bars on daily charts, but in the eve of major news and the volatility drop atm. Perhaps the best thing to do is just stay out of the market for the rest of the week

Be cautious on the GBPJPY D1 trade as that’s some major consolidation at the neckline of a head and shoulders pattern. I’d want a really solid signal to take a long here.