Forex Price Action

Hello guys,
This is off topic but I had to ask.
Those of you who trade indices, can you please help me out with a position size calculator for these markets? I have been looking for one but to no avail.
I’ll really appreciate it people!

That’s not a swing high. It’s sitting on the top of a noisy box area. And guess what that pb moved exactly where one would anticipate. A few pips lower which is the bottom of that box.

I like to hunt for shorts once I see a decent signal breaking 172.50 area on this pair. However everthing is open to what the market will throw at us.

Best

Hey Chisha,
Oanda trade calculator

However it’s best to check with your broker first.

Best

Thanks for getting back to me Kas! but I’ve actually found one that I can add to my MT4 and it’s great!
here’s the link in case anyone else would like to try it out.
Calculating Position Size for Any Trading Instrument

I dont have this problem because I use cTrader and it calculates how much I risk when I put the amout of pips I want to risk and trading volume :slight_smile:

GU Daily. I know there isn’t a pin bar, but is this trade still valid?

I’ve actually already taken this tade based on trendline trading.

You can guage the strength of a support/resistance area on the previous breakthoughs.
Basically the bigger the candle needed to break through an area of support, the stronger it is.

an as seen in the examples, there is 3 recent breakthoughs all showing large strength.
yesterday was unable to maintain the breakthough, making this a prime target imo.
volume and the stochastic indicator both support this, plus its running alone a trendline.

imo this is a strong bet, but i’m very new, so don’t be suprised if i’m 100% wrong : )

(P.S. I’ve included this youtube video on drawing S/R. its the best i’ve ever found and really makes alot of sense, while keeping it simple. Must Watch)

Video link

Hi All

First post on this thread

Thanks to Jonathan for starting this thread and the contributions of all, in making this an epic thread

I have read the first 200 pages twice and reading from all posts since July 2013, 1510 pages down, only 1000+ to go

Hopefully I will be contributing my own charts and comments in the future

Happy trading to all

Take you time. Its a lot of info

Dang Jonathan I have not been on in quite a while but I see you have over 2 million views I am impressed.

Welcome Desertpips,

Don’t hesitate to ask. Looking forward to some charts.

best

EUR/SGD was in a strong and consistent downtrend during the recent weeks that sellers were successful in achieving the lowest price of 1.66176.There is a Doji candlestick pattern in bottom price of 1.66176 that warns the potential for formation of a successful bottom price and Vulnerability of descending trend for sellers. With closing of the next bearish candle, this signal is fixed. According to the formed price movements in the chart, there is a Bat harmonic pattern between the bottom price of 1.65572 and top price of 1.76681 that warns about ascending of the price with completion of this pattern ending point. RSI indicator in daily time frame is in saturation sell area and warns about ascending of price according to the next cycle during the next days.Generally according to the formed signs in price chart, until the bottom price of 1.66176 is preserved, there is a potential for reformation and ascending of the price in this currency pair.

Technical Analysis of EUR/SGD dated 2014.07.31
Forex Technical Analysis ( 2014.07.31)

Oh dear they’re not going to be happy with you Pip Safe

Bark!Bark! shout!shout!

That’s my inner Animal saying; indicator Alarm.

Jokes aside, firstly thanks for sharing your detailed analysis with us. I know it takes time,concentration and a lot of re-reading to funnel technical analysis into words.

It’s not a secret that confluences with PA signals produce quality setups. However these tools you are posting are none that we use or consider in this thread.

Best

Trade management question guys, took this AUD/NZD daily TF trade few days back, based on a bearish engulfing bar at a resistance area, question should i look at the next support line which is way, way down as my first target (1.065)? or should it be a former resistance which could possibly turn into support (around 1.09)? Thanks in advance! happy weekend.

imo a 60% retracement would be likely to hit, considering the steap rally and the double top.
I’d let it run and place your stop loss a little above the key resistance area’s to lock in profits as price progresses.

keep an eye on price action around the support area and tighten your stops if price action consolidates.
using 1 or 4 hour chart to help follow the price action will also help.

Good morning to all from sunny Saudi Arabia

Its the end of another trading week, hope you all had a profitable one

Completed the review of my charts this morning, want to share what i think, are some possible trading opportunities in the coming week

Your comments and feedback welcome

May Jonathan and the other Senior Members have mercy on my poor newish soul :slight_smile:

edit; red lines are daily levels, purple are from weekly TF

Quite new to all this too but I thought I’d chip in:

Been watching the EURJPY too and that level looks pretty strong to me having had 5 touches in the last two and a half months.
So the PB is at a nice level and with the trend but I don’t have much confidence in the PB itself. It’s small compared to the recent very strong bullish candle. I think we might have some difficulty overcoming the momentum of that. The other thing is that the PB closed bullish rather than bearish (closed above it’s open) That tends to put me off.
Anyway just my two penny worth.

Thanks for pointing out the Gold chart. I’m only just getting to grips with the 2 bar reversal but I would have liked to see it close above the open. But it does seem to be a solid level and it also has confluence with a Fib from the last swing low to high. I’m slightly put off by the very recent price action. Could this be the start of a downtrend again.

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your comments-re EURJPY, it would have been better to see a more bearish PB, would have made it closer to an A+ set up

Gold-like you, I am not master of the 2BR, if I did take it, would probably enter a few pips above the 1300 level, for more confirmation, however I will probably sit this one out, and see what happens

Cheers

hello senior traders and John… is this could be a valid trade?

IMO price flip area and worth keeping an eye on in the coming days , wait for conformation.