Forex Price Action

I didn’t even recognize the signal because I think it’s not at a key level (first area then signal).
I guess taking that PB would be selling at a swing low, so not great.
That’s how I see it :wink:

Ok guys, here’s a little update on my first PA trade. It was the only one in three weeks and it was a profitable one. Would like to have more of these, but it kind of looks like there are unusual less signals on the charts…
Gold D1, 2BR

One thing i will do different the next time is, that I will not take full profit at the first support.
Feel free to comment.

Regards

Not taken full profit at the first support is a great idea, many traders do that.

Short on 4H pin bar off swing high. Have i got the right idea? Good trading all. G.

Hey gfore,
that looks like a nice level, but the problem is that your signal is not a PB because a PB has to close inside of the previous bar. So unfortunately it is no signal at all…

Ah yes, you are correct. Thx Trendsfriend. I’d forgotten that rule.

All the best. G

you’re welcome gforce, happens to me all the time, that’s why we are doing this :wink:
What does everyone think of the BUEB on EURJPY D1?

It looks like a reversal, however it’s already Friday and i like to close my positions for the week-end.

well the weekend is not a problem for me.
But I didn’t take it because I think it’s trading into resistance and I don’t really trust any signals any more that are saying Euro is moving higher…want my D-Mark back :slight_smile:

But I still think the signal and the level is very nice

Did someone take the BUEB on GBPNZD H4???
Actually I first saw the PB that formed recently. But then I recognized the 123 pattern with a BUEB anouncing the third part of the move… don’t like that I missed it…

Heya Gforce,

nice posts. Sorry have not been around too much of late. I will try to pop in from time to time to see what is happening and answer some more posts when I can. As Bryce said for me; I was not well there for a little while and took a little break, but am now back on board.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Hello TTF,

With ECN style brokers or STP brokers they are not looking to stop you out and they are not hunting your stops. As a matter of fact it is the complete opposite. They are hoping you become a success and profitable trader because the more your trade the more money they make through spreads and commissions and this is why they are always trying to give traders the best conditions with the best spreads etc STP brokers don’t spend all the money on advertising just to get a new sign up to get rid of them. They want them to trade as much as possible.

Their spreads will waiver at different times such as news and the first hour of the market week etc, but this is not the broker looking to take you out of your position. This is when the market heats up and spreads go crazy because traders are all looking to trade the same pair or market which means there will be a short period of severe demand and low supply. This is not the broker making any extra money. They are just passing on the prices they are getting quoted from their liquidity providers to you the trader.

The reason a lot of us avoid trading intraday setups during the Asian session is not to do with the spreads and to do with the time of the market. The big guys and major market players are asleep and not participating or moving the market. I personally don’t want to get entering intraday US or EU setups for example during the Asian session when the UK & US sessions are closed and all the big money is not in the market.

It is different for daily time frame setups because a daily setup is made up of every session of the market and will trade through every time frame in the market. This is not the case for the intraday candles. The 4 hour candle for example can be formed in only the Asian Session or the US session where as the daily candle is made up of every session.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Heya TTF,

nice post. Price has now moved higher to where it has formed a BUEB. The BUEB has however not been able to closed above the key daily resistance level which is crucial. This level looks to be a important decision point to where price may go in the coming days or weeks. If price can break and close higher, then the looks to be space to move into which could also see some free flowing trading, but a move below and it is back into the sideways traffic that price has been trading in for the past little while.

Gold Daily Chart

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Good to see you Johnathan and glad to hear you’re feeling better. Take care of yourself mate. Watching gold here too.

Am in this CAD/CHF trade now. Took the PB on 4H short on retrace off S/R, in line with current trend. Any comments? Good trading all. G

Hey guys,
first of all I’ve got a little question. Please look at the picture

Often, when price is in a range, it moves to the top and down to the bottom in a quite choppy way. Sometimes, after the chopchop, price will move in the range with very clean moves.
I already saw this case multiple times, and everytime I’m very uncertain.
My question now is, if we have a really nice PB where I marked “PA” in the picture, do we have to think about all the small resistances, or do we only consider those last clean moves? Because if we have to, this acutally can never be A+ because of all the small levels, where price could reverse…
Thanks for your help :wink:

Hi there gforce,
at first I just looked at H4, saw your PB, saw the level and thought: well done!
Because size is okay and price broke down, so it’s with the breakout trend.
Still I wouldn’t have taken this trade. I first look at the daily, and there I would say trend is up, so I would only be looking for long. When I then drill down to H4 I would still only be looking for long signals at S/R I marked on daily. That’s why I’m not confident enough to take this one.
But when you look at the last down move on daily, this could also be the start of a trend-change.
What were your thoughts?

Regards

Want to show you 2 trades I took in the last week. I’m sorry that I didn’t post live, but I will definitely do that in the future.
GBPJPY H4

Entry was above 2BR, SL is already at BE
CADJPY D1

Entry was above PB, two TP ahead, at first TP I will move to BE

What do you think of this two trades? As I’m a bit uncertain, I won’t take them, but I’m really interested in your opinions.
USDCAD D1, PB, but I have the feeling this might be against the uptrend an I don’t want to go against the trend…or do you think it will be ranging?

EURCAD H4. Price broke resistance to the upside, so I guess this a trend change. On the H4 price now pulled back to former resistance and formed a PB. What do you think about size? I doesn’t stick out enough, does it?

Regards

Hi TF,

thanks for your comments. For my trade, i’m seeing it as a pullback of the downtrend on the D1, but i am still a novice.

I can’t really comment on all of your trades here, because i’m a beginner, but i like the EUR/CAD PB off resistance/pullback. I would be wary of the USD/CAD Pbars as they would be countertrend as you say, so not for me at this stage. But if those PB’s are at a weekly or monthly swing high, then maybe price will reverse? But I would wait for a pullback, PA, then trade long back in line with the trend.

Congratulations on your other trades that are going in your intended direction.

Good trading, Greg.

Hi guys, im been following the PA post for some time. Picked up some realy good tips and only been trading on a demo account for about 6weeks.

If we look at the W1 chard of gforce’s CAD/CHF we will see a nice down trend and the peaks has made its 3ed peak confirming the down trend on the W1.

Just want to know if we can use the W1 when we saw a PA signal on the H4.

Cheers

Byron