Fundamentals in Kiwi (NZD) trading

Was initially going to go on a quick long NZD/USD trade but then with RBNZ announcement coming up… I think I better stay away :rofl:

1 Like

@ponponwei Absolutely!!!?

What are your open trades right now? :slight_smile:

1 Like

EUR/TRY short

:slight_smile:

Ooooh gotta check that out!

@ponponwei USD/TRY: an incredible pair

Hello @ria_rose and @ponponwei , what do you think about NZD after yesterday’s RBNZ rate-hold decision?

Today the Kiwi seemed to have loitered in a slightly bullish mode but without conviction: it seems that
it is inconclusive which way it will go next, based on the fact that it has depreciated so much already and
that the recent push to the upside was a false start.

1 Like

Looks like it’s consolidating? :thinking: I’m glad I didn’t jump in though. I probably won’t jump in this week either. Well, unless I see it moving somewhere in the next 2 days.

1 Like

So much waiting… excitement over (for now)!

Sorry I just saw this now! :sweat_smile: Hmm. :thinking: I wanna say I also think it’s consolidating, but I have a feeling it’s gonna continue to go down. :thinking: What do you think?

1 Like

I agree on both counts.

Futures data is mixed and lacking momentum, showing good volume from both buyers and sellers but generating little traction in either direction. Here are the December-expiry NZD futures contracts from CME:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that PipMeHappy! :blush: Do you plan to open an NZD trade? Or would you rather sit it out for now? :thinking:

1 Like

I only trade TRY :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh! Yeah! :smiley: Haha. :slight_smile: Would love to have you with us in the NZD crew though. :wink:

1 Like

@ria_rose I dedicated blood, sweat, and tears (and real money) to NZD!

See this thread:

GBP/NZD moving slow today? Why?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this thread! :open_mouth: It seemed like such a lively discussion among experienced traders of NZD. Very interesting trade ideas too. :open_mouth:

1 Like

This is one of the most annoying things on forums: just a few days of a thread staying inactive means that it slips down the page and nobody will notice it, unless it gets pinned to the top by administrators.

What happens then is that more threads get started on the same topic, without anyone being able to see that a lot has already been written on that topic… This creates a lot of duplication of ideas and actual charts/setups/etc. Not everyone is diligent enough in using the Search button to its full effect, perhaps starting a new thread out of impatience.

I tried to keep some threads alive by ‘bumping’ them but often people cannot be bothered to read through 1500+ posts and just start a new thread anyway: trying to keep long-standing threads alive is a daily, tiring, and thankless task!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeaaah I’ve been called out for doing this a few times :sweat_smile: I need to remind myself to use the search function first ALTHOUGH I do do that when it’s a trading question. If it’s just news or random stuff, I usually just post anyway.

This is also a good point. If it’s a crazy active thread, it does get difficult to “insert” yourself in conversations.

1 Like

I’m also kinda guilty for this. :sweat: Super sorry about that PipMeHappy. :sweat: I’ll try to do more research on the forums to avoid posting redundant topics. :frowning: But yeah, most of the inactive threads have super interesting discussions and I wish I was here earlier so I could’ve been part of those. :sweat_smile: Thank you for keeping them alive btw. ::smiley: At least they don’t get completely buried so relatively new people like me could still see them. :blush:

1 Like

Hello @ria_rose and @ponponwei !

So, will the Kiwi begin to rise from those lows?

Buy volume seems to be dropping in the last three days, in reverse quantity to the upmove in price, which suggests a false move:

1 Like