FX Money Map

Hi guys, could somebody point me in the right direction for getting MT4?

i note MT5 is out aswell… i wish to use the dynamic fibo file over 4 time frames on the eur/usd

really hope somebody can help me out.

ok got it and installed the combogrdi into mt4

its there in the indicators but when i drag it onto the chart… i get no grid just some silly arrows???

help

My experience with the ComboGrid is that unfortunatly it does not work in all brokers MT4 platforms. Maybe something is off in the coding?

In some Mt4 platforms it is dwarfed and out of wack.

For me it worked in the forex.com demo MT4, but not in the live MT4. But it works in my aaafx live Mt4 (be sure to view it on the 1 hour chart).

Sometimes the lanes get all messed up and turn dark blue or even green - but then it turns normal as the price moves.

This same indicator is known as “FXGauge” at another forum, but does not have the alert.

ComboGrid (FXGauge) is based on the MoneyMap.

For those of you who are interested in using FXgauge to trade with here is some info about the indicator, and how to recognize a trade setup.

FXGauge is based on the MoneyMap, so it is designed somewhat similar.

Anywhere on the FXGuage indicator (see screenshots below) where you see a thin black line that is at a color change in the blue/white vertical lanes is a Fibonacci support or resistance area. (On the MoneyMap the fibo points show up as prices at a lane color change).

Anywhere on FXGauge where you see a thin black line that is not at a color change in the lane is a moving average. (On the MoneyMap the moving averages show up as prices in lanes where there is a solid color - either all blue, or all white etc.)

FXGuage uses 7 moving averages, and the first 2 moving averages are the most important.

In the candle chart the 2 important moving averages are 21 ma (green line) and 34 ma (brown line).

In the MoneyMap the two important moving averages are labeled L1 and L2.

Those two important moving averages show up on FXGauge as red or green horizontal lines in the lanes. (In the MoneyMap they are red and green boxes).

As with the MoneyMap, FXGuage basically condenses all the moving averages and fibo points from the 1 minute, 5 minute, 15 minute, and 1 hour chart into one place so you can look at it all at once, and decide when it is the best time to enter a trade, and collect some pips.

In the MoneyMap the primary setup signal to enter a trade is called the “Vanilla” setup.

A Vanilla setup (for a long position) is when the box or boxes in the far left lane (1 minute lane) are above all other boxes in all other lanes (and there are mostly clear roads ahead - at least 2 lanes clear, but 3 or 4 clear lanes is better). This is an ideal time to enter a long position.

The opposite is true for a short setup.

For a Vanilla setup to go short the red box or boxes in the far left lane (1 minute lane) are below all other boxes in the other lanes, and there are mostly clear roads ahead.

The entire zone between the the lowest box in the 1 minute box and the highest box in other lanes is the entire trade zone where you can enter the trade, but enter at the area of least resistance.

There might be other precautions such as looking at cross currencies to be sure it is a ok time to place a trade.

Now, applying all this to ComboGrid (FXGuage), the rules are the same, except that the ComboGrid uses red and green horizontal lines instead of red and green boxes, and thin black horizontal lines instead of prices.

Nonetheless I have so far had several successful trades using ComboGrid and the Vanilla setup described above.

I am sure the MoneyMap by Andy Sherman is irreplaceable for those who can afford it, and I might even buy it at some point in life if I could ever afford it.

But right now ComboGrid seems like a promising indicator.

Below is a successful Vanilla trade I made in my live account.

In the image you will see the dashed green line which is where I entered the trade.

The pink line is the price.

I took profit at 8 pips.

If you look at the horizontal green lines in each lane, that is a perfect Vanilla trade set up where the green horizontal line in lane 1 is leading. In MoneyMap those lines would have been green squares instead.

The far left lane (1 minute lane) is always leading in a Vanilla setup.

Look at all the thin black lines in the lanes - those are fibonacci supports and resistances every where the thin line apears at a lane color change.

The other numbers (in solid color areas of the lanes) are the moving averages, as are the red and green horizontal lines.

And above where I triggered the order you will see at least two clear lanes (but it is at the top of the chart so I could not see how clear the road was ahead).

(Ignore the thick red line - it is only a Murrey Math pivot that is part of a indicator I have loaded into the chart).

When I first placed the order I was sent into -pips below the green open trade line due to the spread. Once I caught up to the green line it moved quickly to 8 pips, and I closed the trade.

If you are trading standard lots ($10 per pip) that is a quick $80. (I am only trading 10 cents per pip currently).

There are usually several Vanilla setups in a day. Look for the most probable setup.

Even if you were to collect only 20 pips a day (without any loss) at $10 a pip, 5 days a week, that would be $1000 a week, or $4000 a month (if there are no holidays).

VANILLA TRADE GOING LONG

Another example.

This is another live trade.

I gained almost 40 pips in under 10 minutes (trading on 1 hour chart, EURUSD during Asian session).

I saw the Vanilla setup for a long position, so I took the trade.

I placed my stop loss below the last green horizontal line. It was a 80 pip stop loss. So had I got in the trade earlier when the price was a little lower I would have had less risk.

When there is a Vanilla setup you can enter anywhere in the Zone where all the green boxes are between the top box in the 1 minute lane and the bottom most box.

VANILLA TRADE GOING LONG (example 2)

VANILLA TRADE GOING SHORT

The above examples where Vanilla trade setups for going long.

Below is an example of a Vanilla trade setup for going short.

To recognize a Vanilla trade for going short look for a horizontal red in the 1 minute lane (far left lane) to be lower then all the other red horizontal lines.

The horizontal lines will change green as the price passes above them, and red as the price moves below them.

The thin black lines and areas of small and strong resistences.

If there are clear lanes below the last red horizontal line in lane 1 take the trade for anywhere between 5 - 20 pips to be on the safe side.

As I explained above, for some reason the ComboGrid and FXGuage don’t work in all MT4 platforms. It shows up deformed and dwarfed in some MT4 platforms. It works in my aaafx MT4 platform and in my forex . com demo MT4, but not in the live one.

Maybe someone with coding experience can look at the source code and see if there is a reason why the indicator does not work in all MT4 platforms.

Anyway I am attaching a zip file that includes both FXguage and ComboGrid. I believe FXGuage (created by Doji Starr) is the original, and a alert was added later, and it was called ComboGrid. You can find the original name and the author’s name in the source code.

FXGuage comes with a template you can put in your template folder.

But it’s looks pretty don’t it?

Purplepatchforex you did a good job with ComboGrid. I like the alert and the MA arrows on top.

I don’t trade when every alert sounds. But I check the chart and if I see the stair case Vanilla setup I take the trade.

ComboGrid seems like a improvement of the original fxgauge, and perhaps can use some more refinement (such as prices showing up instead of thin black horizontal lines).

Nonetheless, it is so far one of the best indicators (for me) I found so far.

Thanks for the kind words, but the original indicator was not developed by me, all I’ve done is added a few of the bells and whistles.

I don’t use it now, I used it quite a lot at one point when I was in my jumping from one to another phase.

Let us know how you get on.

Got too many versions of this file, here’s one that might work better for you.

Remember to remove the .txt when you save.

Thank you for the update. My computer does not show the .txt extension, but all I had to do was copy an existing mq4 file on my computer, erase the contents, and then paste your txt contents, and then save it.

The market is closed currently, but I will see how the indicator appears when the market is open and the price is moving.

Something different is that the verticle lines in the lanes seem to show up everywhere, even in small spaces. In MoneyMap (and in the old version of ComboGrid) the verticle lines don’t show up in white areas of the lanes (and sometimes in very light blue areas of the lanes) which are areas of stronger resistance or support.

But this could be due to the fact the market is currently closed, and I don’t know if it matters that much anyway if the verticle lines show up everywhere.

In any case thank you for your time in updating combogrid.

I appreciate it.

The little arrows in the top left hand corner is the direction the MA’s are pointing.

No it doesn’t matter when it doesn’t show up correctly, it just doesn’t look as nice.

I was wondering if there is a way for me to turn the alert off in ComboGrid? I looked at the code, but have zero experience in coding. I saw in the code where ist says Alert On, Alert Off, but couldn’t figure out what code to use to turn it off.

Find [B]Alert(Symbol()+" Short Setup");[/B] change to [B]//Alert(Symbol()+" Short Setup");[/B]

same for the long

But please don’t read too much into this indicator, it’s more style than substance, it’s just a nice way of presenting a bunch of MAs.

Thank you very much. That worked. The indicator actually works very well for me which is why I have posted details in this post.

Different indicators work differently for different traders.

All this talking about fx money map gave me a thirst for trading … so back to work :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Matt Jones

[B]NOTE: This EA does not work on the MT4 strategy tester. It needs to be loaded on the FXGauge (also known as ComboGrid in this post) indicator (see attachment), and it needs 4 active timeframes to work (H1 works best). You need to test it on a demo. The strategy tetser only has 1 timeframe at a time. [/B]

If you don’t mind, please share your most profitable settings as you test FXGauge EA on demo accouts… Thanks.

If you don’t have time to watch for vanilla setups this EA can trade for you. But you might have less losses if you watch the charts in person and make your own decisions.

[B]There isn’t a money managment feature in FXGauge EA so use small lot sizes if you have a small balance.[/B]

I don’t have any coding experience so I paid a professional programmer to create FXGauge EA (this is the 3rd version), and I am posting it here so others (who have the time) can help find the best combinations of settings (in the inputs) that produce the most gains.

This is a long process because the EA does not work in the MT4 strategy tester.

I have included my best settings so far found in the inputs of the EA which can be seen after you download it.

I am not sure about running this EA 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. You might want it to just trade on Tuesday and Wednesday London session and then turn it off until next week. As I said there are different combinations of settings and I am trying to find what works best.

FXGauge/ComboGrid is based on the MoneyMap Grid created by Andy Sherman.

The positioning of the red and green squares on the MoneyMap Grid (which are the horizontal red and green lines on FXGauge) are key to recognizing when to enter trades.

The primary setup for entering a trade is the “Vanilla” setup.

This is when, in a buy trade, a M1 green box is in the lead (above all the other boxes in the other lanes), and for a sell trade a red box in M1 is in the lead going down. (In FXGauge you are looking at the positioning of the red and green horizontal lines).

The main advantage of the MoneyMap Grid system and membership (if you can afford it) over FXGauge is that the MoneyMap red and green boxes move with the price movement.

But in MT4 if you are looking at FXGauge on the H1 chart, for example, the red and green horizontal lines don’t move with the price movement until there is a new candle at the hour.

So suddenly at the hour there might be a huge shift in the red and green horizontal lines when a new candle opens.

This lag can cause you to enter what you thought was a vanilla setup only to find out it is now a reverse vanilla setup after the shift at the change of the hour.

This doesn’t happen in MoneyMap (to my knowledge) so MoneyMap helps you enter vanilla setups more precisely.

However, from what I have tested, there seems to be more wins then losses when a vanilla trade setup shows up on FXGauge.

The other advantage of MoneyMap is all the professional traders that help you decide when to enter a trade. They look at cross currencies etc., and have experience in detecting the most probable vanilla setups to enter.

That aside, I decided to pay a programmer to create an EA based on FXGauge (also known as ComboGrid) and the vanilla setup.

I am not selling this EA and want to offer it freely here. No one has permission to sell it.

FXGauge EA only works when it is loaded on the FXGauge indicator (see attached file).

It is best to load it on H1 timeframe, but you can test it on M30, M15, M5, M1.

It works with all currency pairs, but I have mainly tested it on EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD.

FXGauge EA is up to a 3rd version and has been used only by me up until now.

The EA is designed to look for Vanilla setups (described in this thread). There are other setups, but to keep it simple the EA is only programmed to look for vanilla setups at this time, and then trigger a trade when it detects one.

Not every vanilla setup is a winner since there is not a person there to choose the most probable vanilla setups to enter.

But after testing FXGauge on a demo it seems to have more wins than losses, and can average about $1500 - $2000 a week if you use 1 lot (see attached statement) on the above 7 mentioned currency pairs.

The default settings are what I have been using to get these wins (see attached statement).

But there are so many combinations in the settings you can choose from.

If you find a combination of settings that work very well please post them in this thread.

I have not used FXGauge live yet. Use it at you own risk.

FXGauge only works when loaded on to the FXGauge or ComboGrid indicator (attached).

There are different inputs programmed into FXGauge EA.

I have not tested every combination in detail.

So if you find a combination that works very well please post your settings here.

INPUTS:

[B]Use_Time_Settings = True/false;
Asian_Open = “07:00”;
Asian_Close = “20:00”;
London_Open = “07:00”;
London_Close = “20:00”;
US_Open = “07:00”;
US_Close = “20:00”;[/B]

If you want to use specific market hours, for example if you want FXGauge to only trade during the London session, then in all the time setting inputs for every session add the opening and closing hours of London according to your broker’s time.

So far FXGauge seems to produce the most wins during the Tuesday and Wednesday London session.

[B]TakeProfit = 20;
Stoploss = 25;[/B]

You don’t need a huge stoploss with FXGauge. I usually use 20 TP and 25 SL, but you can experiment with different figures to see if you can find a more profitable combination.

[B]Lots = 0.2;
Use_Partial_Lots = true/false;
Partial_Lots = 0.1;
Partial_TakeProfit = 20;
TrailingOrders = true/false;
TrailingStop = 25;[/B]

If partial lots is set to true then you want trailing orders set to true.

When partial lots is set to true and the take profit is hit, FXGauge will only close half the order (not accepted by all brokers), and the other half of the order will be left to ride the trend (unless it reverses) until the trailing stop is hit.

Not all brokers accept partial orders like this.

Partial lots always needs to be lower than the lots. But both halves of the trade will have the same lot.

For example, if lots is 2 and partial lots is 1, then the first half of the trade will be 1 lot as will the second half.

But if you set partial lots to false and trailing orders to false, no half orders will be used.

I have mainly tested take profit, and have not focused on using trailing stop or partial lots since FXGauge is designed to grab a quick 15 or 20 pips. But if there is a huge up or down trend the trailing stop and partial lots would be worth it.

[B]Trade_Full_Vanilla = true/false;[/B]

If set to true FXgauge will open a trade when it detects a full vanilla setup (described above.)

If set to false FXgauge will attempt to sometimes enter a potential vanilla setup before it actually fully forms. This way it is trying to beat the lag in MT4, but may not always be correct in detecting a pre-vanilla setup. In this setting it also enters full vanilla setups.

[B]Reverse_Trading = true/false;[/B]

If reverse trading is set to false then when the setup triggers a buy signal a sell order will take place instead, and when a setup detects a sell signal a buy order will be triggered instead.

[B]Loss_Reverse = true/false;[/B]

If loss reverse is set to true then after FXGauge closes a trade in loss then a new trade will open in the direction of the loss in hopes to get back some of the lost profit.

For example, if FXGauge triggers a buy order, but before hitting take profit the price reverses and eventually hits your stop loss, then after stop loss is hit a sell order will open anticipating that the price will continue to go south. If Take profit is hit this time it will get the money back it just loss. But if it reverses back to a long trade and hits stop loss, then that will be another stop loss hit. Then the trade will end and it won’t trigger another order until there is a new setup.

[B]Slippage = 3;[/B]

Note that FXGauge, when first loaded on to a chart, won’t open any trades until there is a fresh new vanilla setup.

In the Zip file attached to this post you need to add the FXGauge Indicator and FXGauge Moving Averages to your indicators folder within your Experts folder. Add FXGauge EA to your Experts folder. And add FXGauge Template to yout template folder.

[B]Again, FXGauge will not work on the strategy tester. It needs to be loaded onto the FXGauge indicator to work and needs 4 timeframes active. The strategy tester only has 1 active timeframe at a time.[/B]

[B]Test FXGauge on a demo first, and use a tight stop loss and small take profit (20 tp, 25 sl). It seems, so far, to do very well during the London session if there is not a holiday.[/B]

[B]There isn’t a money managment feature in FXGauge EA so use small lot sizes if you have a small balance.[/B]

I was previously an Fx Money Map user for about 6 months before I quit using the system. The software itself was good because of all the info that can be shown in a single grid and currency correlations that is difficult to quickly see on multiple charts.

The problem is the strategies and training, especially 1 minute entries were killing my live account. I seen the potential, but but just couldn’t get the results which is was frustrating as a trader.

Fxbum,

Were you able to follow trades from their traderoom in real time and make any money?

Thanks for you input.

Hi,
I use a modified version of Combogrid2-V2 which interestingly doesn’t have the alert in the code as described in a previous post. I loaded the EA onto 8 differnt charts (M5) but it doesn’t seem to trade. A friend did try it on the iFXGuage indicator (also written by Doji Starr) and this took a couple of trades before it also stopped trading. We both used the standard settings. ANy thoughts on what could be the problem? Thanks for any help