FXCM Managed Accounts

Have anyone tried it?

Don’t try it!! FXCM is a thief. They are all con men. I wonder why someone would wake up in the morning with the sole aim of defrauding others. They (FXCM) have stolen all my money. Or how else can you explain a situation where I would place a Buy order and come back hours later to see it as a Sell order - when price is going up. At times when I place a Limit (Take Profit) I wont see it again, only to discover that price actually reached my predicted value but has now reversed.
If they can do that to a live trader you can wonder what they would do in their Managed Accounts. If you want to LOSE YOUR MONEY then let FXCM manage your account for you.

Your account of trading with FXCM doesn’t even make sense nor does it seem like you are talking about their managed funds. I actually am invested in a fund with them as well as trading my own account. I have had a good year with them, up more than 15% on my account for the managed fund. And since they make their real money only when I have made a profit, I really don’t think they have any incentive to rip you off. I spoke to someone who was very helpful before I invested - the best way to decide if its for you.

G’day all,

I too had some issued with FXCM messing up orders or not having my targets or stops adhered to. I contacted them through customer support and had to go through an audit process. I had my money (and profits) returned to my account, and was happy with the whole service. This is inconvenient, I know, but not fraudulent. I have stopped trading with FXCM for unrelated reasons.

All that said, placing a ‘Buy’ and returning to see a ‘Sell’ is quite alarming. Never heard of it happening before. Did this happen through the dealer desk, or through the ‘no dealer desk’ option? Some say that successful traders can start to be disadvantaged by dealers interfering with orders as they are placed or closed, but this shouldn’t be an issue with a managed account.

With a managed account, they trade your money, take some of the profits and pass the rest on to you. It should be in their best interest to be profitable. That way, they keep making money, and you will continue to invest with them as long as you see some too.

-Benjimang

Maybe you are just among the 95% that fail and need a scapegoat…:eek

I get so sick of people blaming their broker for thier lack of ability…
This is what children do…

I would advise anyone reading these posts to read in between the lines. A lot of Forex brokers are real Bastards. And many of their employees and/or Introducing Brokers come to forums like these disguising as satisfied customers and claiming that all is well. They are paid to do so, remember.
I have traded six consecutive times and have recorded 100% success and made a lot of pips. I guess FXCM say in me a formidable opponent to deal with. They knew if the Forex game were to played by the rules, my winning streak would continue and that wont be too good on their accounts. (I demo traded for two years before going live and I have proven my home-grown startegies times without number with considerable success.) I will still re-iterate my advise to anyone who cares to listen : STAY AWAY FROM FXCM, THEY ARE CROOKS. It is hard to win when the umpire is biased.

well, I can assure you that I don’t and wouldn’t use FXCM, I am with interbankfx…as a client not an employee.

You have a right to be cautious, this is a lot like the gold rush of 1849 in California. More money was made selling picks, shovels and advice then was actually made on gold…

As far as I can tell this thread is supposed to be about FXCM Managed Funds and not their regular trading accounts. I think it is important to differeniate between the two as they work completely differently. The complaints you guys seem to have appear to be oriented at the accounts you trade yourself. I would personally like to hear peoples opinions about the managed funds so if anyone else also have a managed account with them please post.

i’ll help us get back on track… i hope!

fxcm sentiment aggressive fund has an average monthly yield of about 11%, with a max drawdown of 3%. it says this is live results. this looks too good to be true in my opinion but i hope for just once that we have found a good managed program. it looks like this fund has been available for 3 months.

back to the first post i guess, has anyone used fxcm managed?

I’m keen to get started with the FXCM agressive fund. I’ve researched the Forex and know enough to know I don’t have the patience or discipline to trade full time.
However, based on the fact that traders can trade using solely technicals and the fact that computers/software would be much much better at interpreting the data it makes sense that a software managed fund could perform excellently.
However, to alleviate my wife’s suspisions I’d be keen to hear some feedback from some of the more experienced users on this boards. I’m not keen to hear more rant from users with only a couple of posts, I would like to hear from the dudes and dudettes who are familiar with the markets and have a bit more experience to add some weight to their posts!

well i’ve said it before and been wrong, but i think ‘‘this is it’’. keep in mind i’m not a savvy investor by any means, but fxcm managed looks solid from my point of view. i’ll be putting 1k (the account minimum for managed) in the sentiment aggressive fund after i get a few unrelated issues nipped in the bud:D… fxcm chat support is top of the line, those guys were jumping thru hoops for me.

does anyone else have information about fxcm managed? pls post!

I don’t have any $ in the FXCM managed accounts, however, I did look at the aggressive account. My personal feeling is I will keep an eye on it. I think it is too soon to really make an opinion about it right now.

The aggressive fund has gained over 50% year to date.

I’ve been researching this managed fund also. GFT has one that’s been bringing constant returns and its been out way longer than this managed fund. My suggestion to you is you better put in that $1000 ASAP before December 5th because as of December 5 FXCM will raise their minimum to $5000. I believe the wise thing to do is wait and put in $5000 later when you have it. Why? Because I feel some of those that did put $1000 when this fund opened or $1000 at the wrong time might have been under capitalized and some might have Zeroed out. Thats just my outlook. I would wait and save the $5000 and put it in when this Aggressive fund is exactly a year old so you know what to expect in terms of a return in a Year with this fund. With that $5000 FXCM will have more margin to work with your funds. By the looks of the graphs their losses were minimum @ $1000 based on a $10000 account but they regained it. Now imagine what your losses would have been if you only dropped $1000. Remember without risk comes no reward. So with that said the decision is up to you =) just thought I would share my input and thoughts on it. Remember you also pay a 20% Account management fee on any net profits made + a 2% annual account management fee ontop of that basically % .1667 per month also. By looking at the returns I would guage over a year you might take home 20%~ after all the fees etc considering if this fund levels and averages out. But remember the disclaimers high risk without risk there is no reward but security also it was done hypothetically on a $10000 account so you can’t fully base your decisions on it. Past performance is not indicative of future results*** shall we not forget that also =) i just don’t want you guys to blow anything. For all we know that chart could and most definitiely have been photoshopped to entice our interest. Easier said than done. Enough of my talk thats my 2 Positions for the day. Take care

-ForeX Capitalist:D

$$$$ never forget to do your homework$$$$$

Not impressed. :mad:

3 weeks into it and the graphs on their site seem to be for another fund. Maybe its for their own bank accounts! I’m down 8.5% and trying to hold on. Max drawdown is 11.5% in a month, looks like I’m gonna see how low it can go! :eek:

I would have to agree with RDOBBS.

I opened my aggressive fund account almost 1 month ago and it is currently down 4.7%

Not sure how they are coming up with the graphs for these managed funds but they don’t seem to reflect the actual performance :frowning:

FXCM does seem to hold true to their word with respect to performance and management fees though :o

LOL…lol

i would love to be ‘‘profitabel’’

you are my hero forexmaneger:p …jk u suck balls

Well, it’s almost one week into the new year. My SENTIMENT AGGRESSIVE FUND account is down about 5.5% and the charts on the FXCM.com public site have yet to be updated with December’s performance numbers/data. At the end of December my account was up a measly 0.16%

If FXCM posts charts for December showing another 7% or 8% gain with this fund I am going to pull my money out when/if I break even.

I’ve had an agressive fund account for a few months now. At one point I was up over 20%, currently i’m up only 7%. This last month and a half has been really rough on the account. They have been taking big losses of late. Not sure whats going on but they definitely need to make some changes to their system.