GB politics discussion thread

I can publish this without fear that @peterma
might listen (he only ever listens to his own doctrine)

“Lies, Damned lies, Statistics and Computer Models”
'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--QS_UyW2SY

Peterson on the need for Climate change Emergency action ! (recommended for @Trendswithbenefits in particular)

-rather nicely put methinks !

Lol - we don’t even have to wait for Nigel ! - (linkis green writing - just a quickie !

Note for those who don’t know - This is Starmer’s idea of the best in his Party to be “Foreign Secretary” ( responsible for presenting the uk and our interests abroad - meeting and negotiating with Foreign Leaders - he had said some prettyy dreadful things about Donald Trump for instance !

“Neo-Nazi sympathizing Sociopath” - I believe were his exact words ! (Time Magazine)

A complete “Diversity Hire” if ever we saw one ! :rofl:

'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwIvkVXBYQ&list=TLPQMDYwNzIwMjQGAVXFEeGcRw&index=39

1 Like

Are all minorities who are hired going to be labeled diversity hires, which is another way of saying don’t hire them?

“I am concerned when I see Iranian drones turning up in Ukraine. I am concerned when I see shells from North Korea being used here on European soil. And of course I’m concerned with the partnership that I see Russia brokering across those authoritarian states. I think that China should be very careful about deepening those partnerships over the coming weeks and months.”

16 phone calls incl US Sec of State - 3 meetings with FM’s in Poland, Sweden & Germany

The new FM for UK, David Lammy is in the job only a few days and is wasting no time it seems.

Maybe his Harvard days have helped.

1 Like

Lammy’s all over Europe, Starmer’s all over the UK. The time to make a tour like this is as soon as you’ve been appointed, so nobody you meet can expect anything, nothing has gone bad yet, you have a ready-made excuse to get out of anything if you’re cornered. It’s like “showing the flag”.

1 Like

Predetermine someone’s downfall can prevent the mind from seeing any good deed in a person

THE FOX IS IN THE HENHOUSE !

Link is green writing ! ;

'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1sr2ElLPfc&list=TLPQMTQwNzIwMjSOcatPfsE08g&index=5

That is very possible !

Affirmative action should end at these schools, which would benefit Asians more, I say let the smartest win out, regardless of how the school population looks

1 Like

Agreed - it would also benefit Ashkinase Jews - but you are right - Competence and ability should be the one and only judgement about who enters which Colleges and who gets the jobs !

Otherwise - those of the “classes” which are promoted under a system of “Affirmative privilege” will always be regarded as inferior - even if they Do actually happen to be Competent and able.

1 Like

I’m just not sure we should allow this geezer to be our diplomatic representative in the world !

• Oh - Latest news - apparently ;-

Lamy has now “softened his views” ! :roll_eyes:

I suppose when Lammy was so undiplomatic about another country’s democratic processes he never expected to be Foreign Secretary. And neither did I.

He’s the dimmest bulb in the house.

3 Likes

He certainly comes across that way.

Also seems to have the habit of giving strong opinions first and finding out the facts only much later (if at all), not a great approach in public life.

2 Likes

He can’t keep his mouth shut. We should be in for some great entertainment.

1 Like