GBP/JPY Equity Building Profitable trading strategies

So I no longer have access to the data feed basically before the market normally opens for me.

So I can see nothing until 4PM EDT now. I guess for $1000 sitting @ forex.com it was worth it to get the data feed. A good data feed in addition to your broker is a good way to get another view into the market I think.
I can do with out it but it was nice to have.

[B]ā€œMany of lifeā€™s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.ā€[/B]

Thomas Edison

Open gap down like 211.80

Now is the time to get some long I think. It may dip to 211.50 but I doub they can push it much lower before she springs up!

And weā€™re OPEN! look for the GBP news at 701PM, it may dip and allow buying even cheaper!

Open? I thought Sydney was the first open at 6pm Eastern time ā€¦ who is open & where? On my ODL MT4 chart it is not showing movement, ditto on my FX Sol charts

I am long from Friday at about 212.40 avg. Not sure if I will be able to add many more positions 'cause want to keep margin at a safe level.

OK, looks like FX Sol is showing action now, though very slowly. Gap down open? Is that what you were referring to earlier? How did you know that in advance?

Hey everybody,
Long time no post. I have had a busy busy week (understatement, but I wonā€™t go an futher). I made some dough shorting her but now am going long. I am so glad, long is soooooo much more fun and rewarding with the current trend and positive swap. We could be in for another fall but I can hold out. I wanted to go ahead and get my longs in just in case the 214 gods are calling.

I am with IBFX and will have to wait before I can see any movement.

Guppy has been good to me lately, but I took a few hits this week trying to scalp and got and my butt kicked on other pairs.

Just a word of caution, donā€™t get tanked up on Miller Lite and start trying to scalp huge lots. Itā€™s fun while you are doing it, but sucks when you wake up.

Itā€™s ok though, I lost less this past week then I made the week before. I will go update my thread shortly even though no one reads it. This thread has all the action.

I am a big fan of this strategy even though I will short her every now and then and trade this with my own filters. I hope I am welcomed here with my alternative views that donā€™t always see eye to eye with this exact system. I see we had a scuffle while I was away. Andrew did real well. He could have ripped that guy a new one and chose a different route that put him in his place without going down to his level.

All right, lets get this week going.

But my GJ charts are set to the ASK or the BUY price. Since I am buying this is probably better. As is using the charting at the same place you are trading so the prices match up. But I do miss the Esignal feed and theeir charting software very much.

and fxsol trades at 4PM but there is trading going on as early as noon Sunday somewhere.

Of course everyone is welcome here as long as they are reasonable. Looks like we have bounced of the bottom! :slight_smile:

I currently have two longs now. I was able to grab one more with the gap down.

Where do you see it trading at 3pm?

Looks like she is furious that anyone even dared think she was headed seriously downward.

Daily looks nasty guys.

Bearish IB with 5 and 10 sma hooking south.

Buy smart, we may take a nice trip south. No worries though, long term fundamental outlook is bullish.

Dow fall has not even touched guppy or any other carry pair? Is she going to lag and follow this week?

Lately if guppy is in an uptrend and has a gap down open, she will always go up to fill the gap. It seems you could bet the farm and make a fortune in an hour.

I wonā€™t try it. Murphyā€™s law states the moment I try it, it wonā€™t work.:smiley:

Funny how different indicators tell different stories ā€¦ I think she is looking particularly strong on daily as compared to hourly ā€¦ on Ichimoku chart, she is still in full go-mode on daily.

I see daily bearish and h4 bullish.:confused:

It doesnā€™t matter, she might take a corrective trip south, but up she will be going up in the longer term trend.

I am conservatively buying longs.

okā€¦ Ichimoku has grabbed my attention. I will try to learn more and will be reading your thread as I learn.

Maybe I will learn enough to have something positive to contribute.

We look forward to it :slight_smile: Hajimemashte!

Good evening - hope everyone enjoyed the weekend! Iā€™m short +84 pips in one account, +98 in the other rolling over from last week (the negative swap was ugly), but watching closely to see where the fish flows going into Monday morning.

Posted below is my typical fib fan chart, and a 3H (crazy Oanda)IKH.

On the fib chart, notice price opened below the top speed line(second red line from the top), but is caught between there and the 50% fib fan (next red line below). As I mentioned last week, the descending blue fan line, just above @ 212.70 (which coincides exactly with the dashed green dynamic resistance line immediately above) is the line to breach and hold.

On the Ichi chartā€¦well, Iā€™m going to take the Ichi analysis to the thread where it belongs, which I was remiss about posting in yesterday, as I had said I would. So, Iā€™m off to do thatā€¦ Come over and hang out with 4xStar and myself to get acquainting with Ichimoku Kinko Hyo, by the way, which is one of if not the most popular overlays among Japanese traders, whoā€™ve been applying it for a few decades now.

Next time I post, hopefully weā€™ll all be long and up a few pips. :smiley: