GBP/JPY Equity Building Profitable trading strategies

Price is probing the top of the cloud on the 3H chart @ 211.49 and finding some support, while Kijun-Sen provides support where the bottom of the cloud (Senkou Span-B) lies 15 pips lower @ 211.34. That’s a 15 pip-thick cloud, though. With an Average True Range (ATR) above 300 pips, that’s chicken feed.

Note, though, that the 1H 1400 ET candle created a massive bearish engulfing pattern, swallowing the advance from 211.68 begun 11 hours early at the London open. The retrace was shallow, taking in 38% (fib ratio!) of the decline (211.66 to 211.87 from 212.22), and now we’ve extended a bit further to the downside, just closing with a perfect neutral doji. Also, 50% fib retracement from the recent crest (213.66) to the subsequent trough (209.42) is 211.54 - a mere 4 pips from where the 2100 ET candle closed. Price has moved back up a pittance, but finds resistance @ 211.68 (this level continues to emerge over and over again), where Tenkan-Sen lies at the moment. Remember 211.68 is the bottom of the range (211.68-212.10) we were stuck in yesterday. A close held above 212.10 would break the impasse; but bulls are not on solid ground until a base is established north of there.

In other words, the pair is walking the edge of a knife. No wonder people feel conflicted about direction.

I placed my orders, but they didnt get filled overnight at 211.05 and 210.55.
We seem to be stuck in this range ST 211.40 to 212. I need to buy one around 211.59/55 or lower and start scalping some.

The downside was only as much as I suggested yesterday but I set my entry orders too low so I made nothing last night as my orders weerent filled.

But often it is best to wait for price to come to you and if it doesnt hit your price, forget chasing her, my dad has proved over years and years that chasing rarely yields desirable results.

I read all the posts but didnt get to respond to all individually,
It sounds like FXstar has been doing some chasing in his real account, but his demo account seems fine.

It is the demo account that you need to learn (OR PRETEND) to trade like it is real money :slight_smile:

well since the guppy is nopw officially favorite and one and only trading pair, i was wondering if someone could fill me in on a bit of fundamentals… i got a lot to learn…
i know a bit about the uk as i lived there for five years, so have a feel for that place, but japan, well i know nothing…Is there economy good, how can they have 0% interest rates?, is that a sign there economy is slow, has it been like that for a while, are they in a period of low economic growth. anything else… um what is good for there economy…

No clue, I don’t pay much attention to fundies, only news events if relevant. I did live in Japan for 8 months and loved it … looks like the economy is booming to me :slight_smile:

This file is about 165K on my desktop but when it uploads it turns it into a thumbnail, this is done by the BP server/software.

Thumbnails are useless if they dont open up. I am glad p2p doesnt run their
servers like this, I guess all at stake here is a some advertising income.
technicallt p2p is not a HYIP, I have been involved for many months and while they are using some modified HYIP software, this doesnt make them a HYIP. Just like a wolf in sheeps clothoing does not make a a wolf suddenly into a sheep.

The Sun is also green in reality. For all those who think of it as yellow or something, does not make it yellow. SO unless you have some first hand information about p2p, please refrain from judgeing it to be a duck because you think it is quacking like a duck. The reality is that I know several people who are actually living off of p2p at this point, and not the people who are running it, people who have invested. And my best friends, best friend personally knows the owner. Technically if you knew all the details of the operation you would not call it a hyip. If I used some forum software and modified it to operate a different way while keeping many things the same,
would not make my modified software a forum if it was NOT a forum.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might be a duck, in fact it probably is a duck, but there is no gaurantee that it is a duck.

The eastern asians are very set in thier ways after centruies of history.
They believe much differently than we do. They are savers and generally abstain from debt. They believe interest is evil or something and the only reason they went from 0 to .5% was from pressures from this country USA.
Japan is booming and their economy is awesome but they are savers not borrowers, their whole mental mind set is way different than westerners.

the loading image that repolicates over and over and each time I load a page
I get another one. I guess I am done here until things are fixed
feel free to contact me if and when things are ever fixed.

I cannot continue to allow the the wasting of my resources here
as this is not all I have going on.

I’m out of the guppy for now, she is just too schizoid. When she decides on a direction, I’ll be back :wink:

In the meantime I am looking for shorts on the GBP/CHF and USD/CHF and if UJ can make it to 108 area, I will short that too.

I’ve seen far, far too many programs, run by those who are intelligent and capable - some well-intended, some criminals - run for months (who care’s about software? Even if they were using goldcoder’s script, that would make no difference) or years and fail.

So the duration of an “investment opportunity” has nothing to do with viability.

The size or even the track record of payouts has nothing to do with legitimacy.

Knowing individuals who live off of earnings has nothing to do with legitimacy. I am or have been historically acquainted with individuals who have made a great deal of money in programs they’ve invested in online. I’ve also known people who have known owners or been acquainted with owners themselves; which likewise has nothing to do with viability.

Call them HYIP or whatever you like that doesn’t carry the negative connotation; the point is that they are all “high yield investment programs”. It has nothing to do with the appearance of the program itself, but the details of the offering. The acronym fits it exactly. Perhaps it isn’t a ponzi; but it is not a regulated investment entity (I know, I know; they aren’t registered in a jurisdiction with regulations or oversight as restrictive as the U.S., etc.), and contrary to the belief of members or the program admins, there is no full immunity to enforcement, seizure of assets, etc.

There is no set-up, scenario, story or configuration of the variables here that make this program any different from dozens of others that were run by smart, experienced and well-organized people that no longer exist, for one reason or another. I am not suggesting it will fail - time will tell - but it is an HYIP, and individuals ought to exercise due caution (not that participants ever heed that admonition).

Anyway, this thread is about the method, but now you’ve gone again. :eek:

Good Morning…

I took no trades during the London.

Elijah gone again?:confused:

I don’t know why an image you would post would be well over 100k. I used photoshop to crop my image yesterday, saved it as a gif, and came out to only 7k.

She is particularly schizoid today … I am back in only because I forgot I had left a standing order to buy at 211.40 which was filled when she dropped :smiley:
I plan to cash it out with any profit.

Agree on the image size … I always reduce size first in Fireworks & have never had a problem uploading.

A slip into the kumo beneath Senkou Span A @ 211.62; currently encountering some resistance there. More details on how this impacts Tenkan-Sen and what it could mean in the near-term over at the IKH thread. :slight_smile:

Does the IKH stands for Ichimoku Kink Hyo ??, and where can I find the thread ?
I’m asking cause my current platform doen’t support that tool, so will be grateful for your reply Andrewunknown.
Cheers !
:slight_smile:

Yes.

Show me the money! [Swing Trading]

Here you go: 301 Moved Permanently

The thread’s getting off to a slow start, but there’s a bit of content there. 4xStar and I are committed to discussing IKH there, so we should have some more consistent discussion coming.

Unless we see a substantial throwback in the end-of-hour volatility, it looks like an inverted hammer or bearish doji is will form for the 1300 ET candle. Price is a little hung up between the descending trendline from 212.22 @ 211.69 and the 144 EMA @ 211.62. There’s a high probability we’ll see a leg down if either one of those candlesticks forms with price below 211.69. Meanwhile, price on the 3H IKH is still adrift in the kumo.

Boring trading day. Nothing to trade for me.:mad:

yep - things are pretty flat at the moment. :rolleyes:

4xstar,
How long did you hold your g/c short?

I wasn’t around the computer and had a limit exit at 2.0370. Could have had many more pips but I am happy for the ones I got & so far this one is working really well as a short.