GBP/JPY: Winning Strategies

What’s a pin bar??

www dot scribd.com/doc/192645/Pin-bars-introduction

Ok, thanks for that … I was not familiar with it. There was a good one (in reverse) on the guppy on July 16 but I do not see anything from yesterdays daily bar… since today’s has not closed yet, impossible to tell if yesterday will be a pin or not … and the daily bar prior to yesterday is unbalanced with respect to today’s bar … not sure if that makes a difference.
So … what do you see? A move back up? or down?

Against all odds or logic … off she goes again. I managed to get out of my shorts on the last bump down and reversed to long so I am the right way at least :smiley:
I did not expect it … for me all signs pointed to further downside, but it looks like the only call she listens to is Elijah’s “she just wants to go up up up”

Each time it happens I get to know her a bit better …

As I typed the last post, she is reversing back down again … I will be really curious to see how this plays out, I will probably go flat pretty soon, this makes no sense at the moment… at least for me.

Good grief … look at that 2am ET candle!

Now … can [I]anyone [/I]predict what she will do next??

Looks like my previous read on her was the correct one … if I had had the confidence to short into that spike … whoooo hooo hoooo…

And now ?? :eek:

On a probability scale of 1-10, I would give her a -20 about now … I see nothing that gives any indication at all of what might happen next. So I am flat & off to find someone else to play with today. :wink:

I think, as Elijah would put it, she [I]wants[/I] to go up … but IMO she [I]needs[/I] to go down first. Conflicted. :confused:

Interestingly enough, on that spike she did hit one of Jeb’s target points (not hard to do, he has about 200 of them… LOL)
In that case, next stop should be lower 211’s and after that back up to 213+

Only the Shadow knows…

I’m already making money on a Eur-Jpy short :smiley:

I didn’t know about that pin thing … didn’t understand when you mentioned it earlier … but now I will watch out for them. I still do not see the one on the daily that M2P mentioned.

OK … so I can see that yesterdays candle … or bar, could be the pin ‘nose’, but to be confirmed, today’s bar has to close, right? So for the moment it is just a potential pin?? Or am I missing something?

If today’s bar closes to match Monday’s bar, that would be the other eye and so the reversal (upwards) could take place starting Thursday … is that it?

I’m beginning to notice something … the way she behaves in relation to Jeb’s targets on his charts … when there is a downside target she just pays it a token visit often does not get within 10 pips of it, i.e. today his downside target was 211.45, she got to 211.57 and then immediately reversed and came roaring back. But when she heads to his upside targets she often overshoots them.

This is interesting & I will keep observing and see if this correlation continues. If so, it means you can set a buy order about 20 pips above his next downside target (problem is he usually has several, so have to set several buy orders) and then either buy more on the way back up (the way grader I think does it, buying behind the price movement) or … buy on the way down (with the final limit order already in place) and set little tp profits along the way, so when she comes roaring back … or if she bounces on the way down, you are taking small profits.

I just did this with her latest move down … yes I know I was going to stay flat where she was concerned but it is sort of like being addicted to something … you can’t stay away for long :eek: It worked really well … I will keep trying & report back here on the results :slight_smile:

well it hit 213.04 where it is hitting resistence. will it fall short now? I think it might. i guess we will see what happens. glad im in demo coz this lady makes me nervous to short.

She may have a little bit of juice left up to 213.20+ … or not :smiley:
But if you feel nervous shorting her, try shorting the G-Swissy instead. :cool:

I hate it when I don’t listen to myself … below I said she always overshoots the upside targets that Jeb gives her, in this case it was 213.23 … and instead I cash out just below that level … leaving her to run on without me (sigh)

Well I see this as a cumulative learning process … she is going to continue going up & down, up & down and with each trip, I learn a little more and/or learn to trust myself a little more … so this last round was one of the best yet for me & I have hopes that each one will just get a little better… :cool:

The [B]previous[/B] candle that closed was the pinbar. Use them with fib levels for best results.:slight_smile:

Previous = Tuesday Aug 5?
If so … how do you know it’s a pin bar before today’s candle, Wednesday closes … because if it closed below the low of Tuesday, then Tues would not be a pin, right??

July 16 was a good example of a pin … but you didn’t know it was until the July 17 candle closed … at least that is my understanding after reading his explanation.

Yo no se?:confused:

I’m getting long using the M2P/RRRAM2 cross method.:D:p

Well our lady dipped down, gracefully tapped her toe on her lower hourly trendline + monthly pivot + Jeb’s crital support line, then headed back up again. If she does not retrace (well, we might allow her one more toe-tap, but only one!) then the next stop for Jeb is Plan B at 213.42 … and she usually overshoots the upward ones. If she manages to get past 213.91, then Elijah’s hopes for 215+ could be realized.

Only the Shadow knows for sure…

Is that the one where you cross an alpaca with yourself?

Baaaaaaaaa…

Yes, it’s an ugly picture, too atrocious to post here.