Gilas Trading Journal

buys a good dinner! Very well done, I doff my cap to you.

Thatā€™s certainly a good week!! Nice job!!

Monday it is then!! Another day another ā€œKā€!

KC

Thank you @frandlost and @Diabolo888. But guys seriously, itā€™s not been good. The past two weeks have been really bad. I was stuck in drawdown several times, $2,000, $3,000, $4,000, even $6,000. BAD PROCESS. I gotta get my act together.

I am still $2,000+ in drawdown right now in DAX. Things have got to change as soon as I get out of this trade.

@GilasTrading,

Iā€™m far from an expert but perhaps it might be worth doing an analysis on the losing trades why they were actually taken. I know that this sounds simplistic but when Iā€™ve done it Iā€™m scratching my head ā€œwhat was I thinking?ā€ This points to my need for a trade journal because I canā€™t remember anything anymore!!

It could help refine your strategy.

MHO, YMMV,

KC

I actually remember what went wrong. Just need time OUT of trades to rethink things. Stuck on DAX for a week now. But thanks for the suggestion.

Pretty sure youā€™ll be fine.

1 Like

Iā€™m not too sure. But thanks.

mate, u can t sustain this for much longer with 2k drawdown(red. bleeding) on 6k account or so, it s 2 much and if it doesn t come back u r givin back most of ur progress, u need a way to cut losses faster imo

Donā€™t worry about it my friend. The context is with $3K Iā€™ve made almost $17K in a little over two months. So I wouldnā€™t exactly call $2K drawdown bleeding. But yes there are some things I am thinking about doing to trade more efficiently.

Put another way, Iā€™ve made almost $2K this week mostly from DAX. So if I lose $2K Iā€™ll just be losing what I made this past week. Not exactly account ending but a setback nonetheless.

Oh sorry didnā€™t read your comment properly. Yes it was a great week two weeks ago with the $3,400.

@GilasTrading, this seems to be one of the keys growing an account. You profits to date seem to stand testament to this.

TX,
KC

Yes, so long as I follow this style I can continue to make money even when the trend is against me. Problem is lately have been taking too many entries at the initial entry price zone instead of spacing them out I think.

Happy Fatherā€™s Day everyone! Cheers to all the hard working fathers here!

2 Likes

Hi, Sorry if I ask a question that been asked before but do you have some myfxbook, or do you publish your results on some kind of platform where I can see you results? or copy your trades?

Back read a bit. I had a myfxbook account but my broker shifted me to a different server. My old myfxbook and fxblue accounts are in the previous posts, as well as my new fxblue account. You can see all my past trades there. No I am not selling a copy trade service, itā€™s not something I want to do. After all I am doing quite well with my own money.

Great to here. Keep up the good work.

Shorted S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 today. Made a grand total of $88. Once upon a time not too long ago (around April) I would have been very happy. Itā€™s a MEH performance now. Funny how things change.

Still stuck in DAX by around - $1,700. Really hope to get out of half or more before the US FOMC rate decision. Total profits since inception $16,845 on my initial $3,000, 561%. Really need to get out of DAX, itā€™s turning me into a swing trader instead of an intraday trader.

Tranche entries and exits, where can one read up on this? Or is that like asking how to I get great at golf?

Thanks!

Really hope today is the day that DAX breaks down. Fingers crossed.

Hi, I am new to forex trading and have been actively trading for around 6 months now. For the past 3 months, I have been making good $$$ until recent 2 weeks when I made unnecessary trades (because of boredom) EUR/USD and AUD/JPY pairs. This week has been a complete nightmare for me as I shorted these two pairs.
My original capital is around 4k USD, before the losses, capital + profit were 7k USD. Post losses, I am left with 5k USD :frowning_face: