Gilas Trading Journal

What happened? I didn’t see you for a while. Blown up?

Account is still alive. Just busy with DAX. You can click the fxblue link anytime you’re interested to see what’s been happening.

Probably driving the Maserati around.

Lol I don’t own a car. Too much hassle driving around, always just take a cab or Grab Car, the equivalent of an Uber where I’m at.

You are still up 25%! That’s great!

KC

1 Like

We’ll see. Have not gotten out of my trade yet, still in drawdown.

Thanks, seems forex trading has seen its fair share of traders and speculators. With trade wars persisting and global recession looming, speculators rule the market. Trading based on ‘noises’ coming from the white house instead of fundamentals really puzzles me. I mean, AUD/JPY pair gapped up almost 100pips in 2 days based on ‘news’ that a trade deal is 90% complete? Really?!?:hushed:

The “conspiracy” side of me says big money is already positioned in advance of the news.

KC

Well, the start of the week sees the ‘feel good’ factor from trade truce wearing off, focusing instead now on real data. AUD/JPY paid went from 75.6 to 76.2 this morning but petered off towards 75.7 late morning.

It’s not a conspiracy.

Even this clown understands.

1 Like

Where you at nowadays.

seems this thread so quiet nowadays…

Crickets . . . .

Hi kababayan! :open_mouth: How are you? :open_mouth: I feel like you’ve been busy, but we’ll always be here for you! :slight_smile: I wish you all the best! :blush:

We are missing your trading updates! @GilasTrading

Don’t worry guys I’m still around. Just having some trading troubles. Long story short I lost a lot of money on the DAX trade, more than the profits. Capital plus profits was at $25K before the whole DAX debacle. Lost about $20K, so was down to around $5K capital last last Wednesday. Have made all the capital back ($12K) plus $2,595 in profits since then. Account now back to $14,595, meaning I’ve made $9K in 8 trading days since I blew up. Had two days with over $2K in profits. It’s going to be quite a journey to make back the additional $10K lost but my mindset is in a good place now. Thanks for the concern :slight_smile: @baemax023 @ria_rose @dpaterso

Stupidest thing was I took all the profits set aside and infused them into the account so as not to blow up, and even added an additional $9K. Never doing that again (I hope). Also, a frustrating thing was DAX started going down the day after I blew up and wasn’t able to ride the swing down. Oh well.

It had been a while since I blew up before this time. Will try to make sure the latest is going to be the last. Funny thing though, it’s taught me a LOT and forced me to rethink how I trade, which has forced me to make some improvements and progress a bit.

I won’t be posting as often here, need to put in more time studying and charting. But i’ll make sure to drop by every now and then.

The myfxbook and fxblue links are still active if anyone wants more details.

3 Likes

What is your myfxbook link? The one in the first post says error… I’ll add you to my watch list so I can keep up with your progress.

Awww. :open_mouth: I’m sorry to hear that @GilasTrading. But, I’m happy that you’re using this as another learning opportunity. :smiley: I’m sure you’re gonna do great again. Good luck with all your trades, and I’ll always be watching for any updates. :blush: :blush:

1 Like

Made $1729 today. Shorted AUDJPY, FTSE, Nasdaq and the Singapore index. Went long Gold.

Had I held my 3 lots in Gold I would have made $4K instead of just $600 on that trade. Oh well. Any day that’s up is a good day.

Balance is now at $16,325. Less than $9K to go on my road to redemption. No open positions remaining but I would look at equities tomorrow for short opportunities.

P. S. Damn it, seems like all the trades reached my TP1, some even TP2, if I had only let the trades run I would have made 3-4x more yesterday. Oh well. I’ll have to contend with it as I’m still trying to make back lost profits.

By the way @chesterjohn here’s the correct link Trade Responsibly System by lawblow | Myfxbook and https://www.fxblue.com/users/pogigilas

1 Like

Nice to read some Pinoy Traders doing excellently … I’m Pinoy too and a new trader, 1 month to be exact. I’m going through the school of pipsology. Hope to increase my knowledge in trading. Just wondering how did you choose your broker? I’m looking for good brokers to start my trading venture… Thanks…i love reading your journal by the way…