Gilas Trading Journal

we are waiting bro

What makes you think that he is a clown apart from probably his spastic twitches?

Did this account just go from 38K down to 5K then back up to 18K then down to 4K and then go to more or less 500 bucks.

Tell me its because you withdrew most the money.

Guessing this is history now.

For anyone else reading, Day Trading for a Living?

We show that it is virtually impossible for an individual to day trade for a living, contrary to what course providers claim. We observe all individuals who began to day trade between 2013 and 2015 in the Brazilian equity futures market, the third in terms of volume in the world, and persisted for at least 300 days: 97% of them lost money, only 0.4% earned more than a bank teller (US$54 per day), and the top individual earned only US$310 per day with great risk (a standard deviation of US$2,560). Additionally, we find no evidence of learning by day trading.

1 Like

Oof 97%. And $310 per day with that amount of risk for the TOP earner. :flushed:

In recovery mode. Account is still alive, myfxbook and fxblue still update and links are still alive. The rollercoaster ride from April to July gave me a hell of a lot to think about. Making changes to my mindset and my strategy. Will start posting again after I recover in a few months.

1 Like

Wow. :open_mouth: It’s nice to hear from you again! Huhu. Welcome back Gilas! :slight_smile: Take your time in your recovery and we’ll just be right here when you’re ready. :blush: Good luuuck!

Thanks @ria_rose. Close to making back lost capital. As for the foregone profits, well it’s better not to think about them at this point :slight_smile:

Last two weeks of trading activity. Started with $4,800. Learning to cut means learning to accept that taking losses while manageable is okay and healthy to do.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/lawblow/trade-responsibly/3383156

Also, it seems I’ve found my “white whale”. Treading so much more carefully when trading DAX these days. I’ve found my money makers as well, I feel much more confident trading these.

Just my biases for this coming week. Trade at your own risk. Always apply your own strategies and rules.

EURUSD long, EURJPY long, EURAUD short, USDCAD short, AUDUSD long, NZDUSD long, NZDJPY long, GBPNZD short, GBPAUD short, DAX short, FTSE long, NAS long, WTI/BCO long, XAUUSD long, CN50 short.

These are just biases, does not mean I’m going to take a trade in all of them. Will wait for setups to show themselves before getting in, if I get in at all. These are for a new swing trading style I’ll be trying out.

you gotta teach and create a signal service bro

Don’t have any right to teach, am still an amateur wrestling with bad habits.

1 Like

Raised capital from $4800 to $9600 yesterday. Had a pretty good first day with the new capital. Some news came out that China was not too optimistic about getting a trade deal. $1,146, about 11.94%.

What a day. Lost discipline earlier was down as much as $3800 at one point. Ended the day with $696, about 7%. Should have made much more had I stuck to my rules. Oh well. BAD PROCESS, good result. Must avoid these things, they develop/reinforce bad habits :frowning:

$1842 so far this week, about 19.18%. Very close to reaching my 25% target for the week. Still need to be careful and not go overboard with my trading. Lots of things can happen, it’s still early in the week.

CRAZY DAY, CRAZY WEEK. Almost $1800 today, about 18%. CRAZY. At about $3600+ week to date, around 37%. Whew!!!

1 Like

Aww. :blush: That’s great to hear. :blush: I hope your wins continue! I will always be rooting for you. :smiley:

1 Like

Good luck on the new style!
Keep fighting, kabayan! We rest when we get tired but we never quit. Do well! :cat:

I hope you keep churning pawesome results. We look fowward to your good results.
images (5)

1 Like

I really, really, REALLY have to avoid losing control and discipline, and focus on cutting when my rules tell me to. Can’t keep having one crappy day ruin weeks of effort.

2 Likes

been there, when u have a strategy that has a higher win rate, u get so used to winning that ur ego goes thro the roof, and cos u can t accept not beeing right, u hold onto ur losing trades thinking u must be right and the market is wrong. that s what killed me in the past till i learned to cut my losses without even thinking about, just click the mouse button with my eyes closed, took the loss and move on. not easy to do at all

1 Like

Decent past two weeks, around 32% just this past week. 42% up since I decided to increase capital to $9600 from $4800 three weeks ago.

Almost breakeven, about $1700 left to go. This year has been quite a rollercoaster for me. Hope I learn to take out my bad habits.

July til October was really bad for me. Kept thinking of trying to make back the lost capital and profits fast. Would do well for a week or two, then take serious losses, get tilted and lose even more. Have been learning to try to calm down and take it one day at a time. That’s why I stopped posting for a while.

In the past I would create a new sub-account and trade with that. This time I decided to keep trading the same account, so I would always be reminded of my failures and mistakes. Fingers crossed I end the year in profit.

Decent week so far, up about $1K. Very close to breakeven, only $800 left to go :smiley:

Just MIGHT end the year in profit. Won’t try to rush things though.

1 Like