Gilas Trading Journal

Went long several lots of Brent crude. Made $210 more today, $570 instead of just $360. Now at $4,369. Too drunk to do a full update. Will post tomorrow.

Update: Dumb drunk trading again. Should really stop. Shorted 0.04 Nasdaq for $50+ gains. Day ended at $621. Will really stop now.

Beginning capital - $3,000.00
Current balance - $3,000.00
Current equity - $3,000.00
Realized gain - $4,421.49 (147.38%)
Average gain per day (over 21 trading days) - $210.54/7.01% per day

Last day of the first month of my account. Made $198.44 shorting DAX. Thank you Donald Trump for all your tweets hehehe :smiley:

I could have waited to make more but again Iā€™m tired and hungry. More than happy with my first month performance.

Realized gain - $4,619.93 (153.99%)
Average gain per day (over 22 trading days) - $209.99/6.99% per day

Wife says to stop trading. I think I will and just go enjoy several cold frosty beers! Cheers everyone!

https://www.fxblue.com/users/pogilas

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/lawblow/trade-responsibly/3272674

Damn. Trying so very hard not to trade anymore. Keep looking and looking at charts. Must maintain self control.

Hahaha shorted DAX again for a quick trade. Made another $43. Thankfully I did not screw up. Whew! Should really stop trading drunk. Itā€™s been good so far BUT it can go to ā– ā– ā– ā–  easily.

Update: Additional drunk trades. Shorted NAS100/NQ/Nasdaq. Made a total of $130.31. That brings it up to $328.75 today! Will stop now. For sure. Going to bed.

Realized gain - $4,750.24 (158.34%)
Average gain per day (over 22 trading days) - $215.92/7.19% per day

Hope everyone had/is having a nice weekend. Happy Motherā€™s Day to all the moms here!

Opened my first trade earlier, long BCOUSD (Brent Crude Oil). Closed it as well.

Currently am still in 3 other open positions. Theyā€™re not going my way, but theyā€™re not really going against me much so far. Setups still seem valid to me. Will wait until the European session to decide what to do with them.

If you have a stop loss in place, hard or mental then nothing to worry my friend - ride the wave.

Might actually consider joining you in your future trades! Will bookmark this thread.

Been quite busy with lawyer work since we just had our national elections yesterday. Was able to find time to do a bit of trading but not journaling. Donā€™t worry Iā€™m still around, havenā€™t blown up my account yet. Things are actually doing well, made $180 yesterday and $641 today, on the same $3K capital. Will increase size when I get more time to trade. Will do a full update soon. Take care and happy trading everyone!

Update: Took some scalps and made a bit more. $701 total today, a personal best on this account. Iā€™ve only once made more in a single day. Iā€™m ecstatic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome. When will you be able to post more regularly here? :slight_smile:

By next Monday probably. But you can always look at my myfxbook and fxblue accounts to see what Iā€™ve been doing.

Made additional trades last night before going to bed, ended with $701 for the day :slight_smile:

Update: Ended yesterday with $427.49. Took profits today as well for $111 so far. Week to date is at $1,420 profit on $3,000 capital, about 47%. Total since April 11 is $6,170, about 205%. Really hoping I can continue this kind of performance.

Shorted the Chinese stock index. Trade at your own risk.

Made just $111 yesterday but now am up $807 already for the day. $2,225 for the week, 74% for the week. $6,975 since April 11, 232%.

Closed all my China index shorts. Kept adding while it was going up. Made $800.

How long did you go through multi day on these exchanges?

Might do likewise on the off chance that I (wish) had a lot of time.

Simply inquisitive what is your rewards:risks proportion?

I trade intraday usually. The China short took a lot longer than my usual trade, about 20 hours or so from opening to close. You can find all my stats on the myfxbook and fxblue links if you are interested in my win rate, RRR, etc.

As mentioned above, I trade 6-12 hours a day.

Shorted EURCAD and USDCAD. Trade at your own risk.

1 Like

Closed everything. Added on the way up. Made about $290 HAHAHA. OMG. $1,105 today. $2,525 for the week. Broke my all time records for both daily and weekly profits.

Iā€™d really like to say ā€œwell doneā€. But Iā€™m not sure whether to be happy for you or cry.

I have a question for you:

Both yesterday and today youā€™ve noted that you ā€œadded on the way upā€. And itā€™s worked out very well evidently. But what was your plan in place if price never turned down and just continued to go up (or visa versa for a long trade)???

Assuming you had a plan in place: then Iā€™d way ā€œwell doneā€ and enjoy your profits.

You know I only have your best interests at heart.

Regards,

Dale.

P.S.

You actually donā€™t even need to answer publicly. Just ponder my question is all.

1 Like

I did have a plan in place :slight_smile: Thatā€™s why I set aside profits in a sub account every few days. Thatā€™s a risk management tool that people donā€™t teach. So what if I lost 1K yesterday, when I was up 5K already and it was parked? So what if I lost 800$ today, I already booked 800$ early in the day? Risking profits makes it easier to hold onto positions. Again, thanks for the concern. I do acknowledge that I need to tighten my entry and exit plan. But at the end of the day funda saves me thatā€™s why I never take a trade without funda bias.

3 Likes

Well. Thatā€™s the most important thing. As long as you had a plan in place then Iā€™m happy for you.

Oddly enough and just to demonstrate what I was telling you earlier today:

Italian Futures just shot down in the last few minutes by nearly 600 points. Now I donā€™t know if itā€™s genuine (trying to find out and if you have it on your system please take a look and see) i.e. could just be a data error. But: if itā€™s genuine not even a stop loss would have saved. Genuine or not: this type of thing happens from time to time (in any market). As long as your plans and account can weather such moves: well then youā€™re good to go.

So yes: well done and Iā€™m happy for you. Enjoy your profits (thatā€™s what itā€™s all about at the end of the day letā€™s face it).

Regards,

Dale.

P.S.

Just called my broker. Itā€™s a genuine move (something to do with ex-dividends or something) (which I really donā€™t understand). Feel very sorry for those that are long this index but are only able to trade the cash market during market hours!!! LOL!!! Boy are they in for a surprise comes Monday morning. (Thatā€™s nasty of me I know). Then again: if itā€™s just some type of re-balancing of the index then it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s going to shoot up again and will just stay here so not going to make me riches either. But if you were long then it could have been a disaster. Things happen as they say!!! LOL!!! (Which I guess is the point Iā€™ve been trying to make the entire day).