Gilas Trading Journal

Weekly performance so far.

Went long 1 lot Brent Crude Oil BCO.

Update: Now 4 lots long Brent. Shorted FTSE some as well, forgot to put up a chart. Now at $104 profit for the day.

Closed all my positions. Iā€™m fairly happy today. $736 profit on $6K, 12% Brings my weekly profit to $1,875, 31%. Wondering if I should stop or continue to trade.

Well. You are either extremely lucky, or have a natural talent for this, or have a decent methodology, or all three. Those are very very nice results and certainly the type of thing I could use given my current predicament of which you are aware. My system has gone absolutely nowhere this week.

As for trading: just my opinion not based on anything other than gut feel i.e. Iā€™ve been watching this stuff this week and I donā€™t know why but I have a feeling that these things are having a tough time climbing. And as I type this it sure looks like Iā€™m right. A sort of ā€œwatch out belowā€ idea. I guess all Iā€™m saying is Iā€™d be careful going long anything with your adding on the way down. Could be sudden and quick moves down and that carry through Thursday. That is the only issue I have with your methodology as you well know. But this not in any way meant to influence you or your decisions i.e. just sharing an opinion based on gut feel and what Iā€™m seeing on my charts. Or rather to be more accurate: my INTERPRETATION of what Iā€™m seeing on my charts (which does not necessarily mean Iā€™m right because Iā€™m actually useless at this type of thing).

But whatever the case: absolutely stellar results i.e. there is no question about that.

Regards,

Dale.

Thanks. Donā€™t worry about me. Iā€™ve put in more than 8000 hours studying, watching videos, reading books and articles, research, charting, and trading to develop my personal trading style. It works for me. I wouldnā€™t say I have a natural talent, god knows I went through a lot of failures and am only starting to be consistent. My style and risk management may be unorthodox, but believe me everything I do has a logical reason behind it.

Iā€™m not worried about you. Not anymore anyway. Possibly just saying that adding the way you do is probably the main reason why Iā€™m not begging to get in on what youā€™re doing is all.

1 Like

Quick NQ short.16$, Iā€™m out. Now at $752 for the day.

Update: Made 2 more quick short trades in NQ and FTSE. Now at 780$. Just felt like scalping for a bit.

Stuck in a dumb Brent long. Tried to catch a falling knife, went against major rules of my system, just because I felt I could do no wrong after all the major gains Iā€™ve made. Hope I at least can get out of this breakeven or with small losses. Currently stuck 380$ :frowning: 13 lots whew. I vow to never trade against my funda bias ever again. At one point I was stuck 560$.

Update: Thank the trading gods! I was able to make a bit of profit. Closed everything for $890 today, 14.83%. $2,029 week so far, 33.81% on the $6K capital. $9,524 since April 11, 317% on the original $3K capital I put in!!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been pushing myself to trade better and make more everyday. Itā€™s really tiring but I havenā€™t hit a wall yet so far, so will continue to try to see how far I can push this. Hope I donā€™t try so hard that I screw up my trading.

https://www.fxblue.com/users/pogilas
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/lawblow/trade-responsibly/3272674

Shorted the China index. Feels like a gap fill that will go back down to me.

Update: Closed. Made a nice quick $67. $86 for the day.

I never realized just how much volume I traded. Glad to get lower spreads as a bonus! :smiley:

1 Like

get rid of em and get a razor account with pepperstone

How do their spreads compare? My account is not charged commissions, just spread.

my spreads are 0, but the commission is a little higherā€¦

its like that accross the minors and crosses

nice. How much are commissions?

i dont actually remember off the top of my head
but easy enough to find out

And the streak ends. From +$207 today, I end the day with a -$175 loss. A manageable one, and only my third losing day since I started this new account in April 11. That was a really bad trade, went against my funda call, traded tired and lacking sleep.

It MUST have been a bad day for you. This is the longest Iā€™ve seen you NOT post!!! LOL!!!

Hey. With the gains youā€™ve made thus far this month: thatā€™s no big deal. Probably the best thing that could have happened if you really think about it i.e. it didnā€™t take a $6K loss or your entire account to remind you that nobody is perfect and there will be mistakes along the way. Youā€™ll probably make it up today.

Donā€™t worry about me guys just busy trading today. Needed to focus. Still in a few positions. Will update later when Iā€™m done.