Gilas Trading Journal

Needed to make a new fxblue account since the broker transferred my account to a new server. Can’t set up a myfxbook yet, it won’t let me because the account number is the same. Have sent them a message asking for help changing the account settings.

https://www.fxblue.com/users/pogigilas

5/23/2019 data is inaccurate. Lost $175 net that day. Made $200+ before the account was moved to a different server.

Awesome.
Tell us how to do this, and what not to do.
Appreciate it!

What a fine, hard working Filipino trader! I must say I’m impressed by your motives and funda. What is one thing you have spent big recently if you don’t mind me asking?

I don’t spend much for myself. Have not purchased anything noteworthy from my profits on myself actually. Just a few nice dinners with fily members.

1 Like

Essentially study. Read everything that seems to suit your mindset. Take bits and pieces of learning from others nd build your own system. Your system has to be tailor fit to your own mindset otherwise it will not work well. Put in the hours. Thousands of hours of practice, charting, study. Then persevere.

2 Likes

Soooo drunk. Lots of mistakes today. At one point I was stuck negative $2K. Ended the day with $875 profit. Could have made some more though but well that’s the compromise I have to make, if I’m stuck by a lot try to get the f out as soon as I can.

On a more positive note, hit $12,300+ in profits today. Over 410% overall on my initial $3K capital. I increased capital to $6K last week, so week to date profits of $2,400 is 40% :smiley:

1 Like

Yay congrats… what did you do? short/long on what pair?

You can see my trading history in my fxblue link.

1 Like

Your trade mostly in Brent and Index, any reason? is it because the low liquidity that forex has at the moment.

I trade stuff that I have a funda call/bias for, lately that has been indices and oil but only because of the trade wars and Brexit. If you look at my old myfxbook Trade Responsibly System by lawblow | Myfxbook you’ll see I trade forex pairs, oil, gold and indices. It just depends on what seems to have a story that can move the markets.

Made $425 yesterday. Woke up to Trump tweeting that he was going to impose tariffs on Mexico. Indices fell, FTSE gapped down and I closed my remaining FTSE positions for another $455. Only 8 AM here but it’s already a good day. $3,288 for the week so far, 54.8% on the $6K capital I’m now using. $13,168 since April 11, that’s 438% overall profit.

Traded drunk. Again. Took some scalps long Brent. Thankfully got out quickly. Made another $130+. Not quite sure what that puts me at but something like $3,400+ for the week about 57% I guess. Going to sleep sooooo drunk no more positions. I need to rest am so tired always these days. And so drunk from celebrating every day.

Sounds great, the reason I asked because you made a lot of withdrawals, 14 times to be exact in the month of May. :mask:

The spread that you’re trading with is far too wide, even covered their hidden commissions in the face of spreads, but that’s what big broker must do to run the business. Nowadays you can have offshore brokers with very low commission, even $1 on one side, and low spread as 0.2-0.4pip on EURUSD which I’m currently trading with. You’d end up saving lot of charges.

I keep withdrawing all profits every day or two, I don’t want to be tempted to use the profits in my trading, that way even though my style is high risk I’ve already set aside much more than I initially put in. Am raising capital to $8K on Monday and withdrawing all the parked profits, over $8K. No matter what happens to the $8K in the main account I’ll still be sure to have gotten back my original $3K capital and $5K in profits.

I don’t mind the spreads, thanks for the suggestion. Would rather make sure that if and when the account grows by a lot I’ll be sure to get paid when I want to withdraw the money. Most other brokers with low spreads plus commissions result in only slightly lower cost than my current broker with just the higher spreads and no commissions. Also my current broker allows me to trade a lot of different CFDs and the spreads they give for those are pretty competitive. And I don’t want to sign up with an unregulated broker or one regulated only in Cyprus.

1 Like

I hope you don’t change your trading style, so keep profiting and keep sharing the update.
What technical do you use to make it so consistent. It may not work for everyone, but out of curiousity, if you don’t mind to share.

Sorry, family day today. Will try to do a more exhaustive post this week on how I trade and think.

1 Like

Shorting the India 50 index.

Still holding on to my India shorts. Added some Nasdaq shorts as well

Eid Mubarak!

1 Like

Which means???

Never mind. Got it.

1 Like