Gilas Trading Journal

lol…:grinning:

Eid Mubarak Gilas:grinning:
WHERE IS MY EID MEAT?!!!

Come to the Philippines I’ll feed you all the meat (except pork) that you can eat :wink:

Ahhhh… He lives. Let me check WHY… LOL!!!

It was a holiday today, spent time with the family. Lost a bit last night shorting Nasdaq but set SLs for once and went to sleep and woke up to a loss of 300$ for the day, nothing earth shaking. Feeling a little burnt out and frustrated holding on to my India short so took a day off. It’s been three days and not only have I not made money, I lost money for the week so far. Quite a different experience from the past month. Maybe I need to rethink a few things. Could have made very good money on other trades but didn’t take them because of my hugely oversized India short. Oh well. Fingers crossed still.

Alright. Just checked. Sorry about India. Thought you were lying low until you were out of the trade with a huge profit!!! LOL!!!

I know you absolutely HATE input from others BUT for what it’s worth: you’re sitting on a pretty nice double top short. If I had this thing at my main broker I would have been short on it. But I’m guessing that even if you were to change tactic as per that other system that I use for this: if stopped out your loss would be a tad more than a small percentage of your account (just an educated guess based on your recent posts). Don’t let this post influence you either i.e. don’t want you hating me if this whole thing goes pear shaped and makes another new high!!!

Nifty Daily:

Agree on the potential double top. Were I a swing trader I would much more comfortably sit on the positions, except for being 18 units short, therefore +/-18$ per pip. You know I use funda, so what concerns me now is the overwhelmingly accepted opinion by analysts that RBI is going to cut rates tomorrow, generally a bullish event for stock indices. Hoping the event’s been priced in and we get a buy the rumor sell the news reaction tomorrow.

1 Like

I don’t hate input from others Dale, I just dislike people telling other people what they’re doing is wrong when it’s working, or that certain things are impossible. I trade my way, you trade yours, etc, and that’s what makes a market :slight_smile: If we all thought the same nobody would take the other side of our trades. I actually quite appreciate your views.

4 Likes

LOL!!!

Was hoping my post would make you feel better is all.

Well for what it’s worth: my stop would have been somewhere around 12 687. Not sure but I don’t think things in India are THAT rosy (but you will know from your fundamental studies).

Yes, they’re not, hence the highly likely probability that RBI lowers rates tomorrow to try to spur growth and inflation. Sadly I don’t have a masters degree in economics so I don’t fully understand how these things work. Maybe I should try to get one :wink: Would probably seriously screw up how I trade though.

1 Like

Funny thing is, I’ve been considering practicing swing trading to incorporate it later into my intraday trading style. Gives me another weapon to work with. Was talking to the wife, who’s the most supportive woman ever, on Monday about the India short. She said the logic was sound. Then yesterday we talked about it again and she said hey it sounds like I’m trying to swing trade, why am I doing that when I’m an intraday trader? Hehehe.

2 Likes

NOT that I’m trying to encourage here BUT:

One or two of those really good trades that I’ve managed to pull of over the years has been when I’ve taken a trade based on one thing and then let it ride based on another. I will admit though that it’s mainly been a justification for sitting on a loss that I couldn’t stomach to take based on the first thing and it then just so happened that the second idea turned out alright in the end. Maybe for fun and to keep you company I short the thing on a demo and see how it turns out.

Pretty rich me giving advice right now though i.e. getting totally slaughtered on oil right now. Looks like I may find the merits in implementing my new found stop loss system after all!!! LOL!!!

I’m about half way to the stops. So support at around $50 would be nice!!! LOL!!!

Yeah I’ve been avoiding oil the past 2 weeks except for a scalp here and there if you’ve noticed. How can I go long in oil when I’m bearish indices, those things are supposed to be correlated?

Yeh well isn’t that the funny thing. Oil is tanking here big time but my NASDAQ and stock trades are going up. Go figure.

Would be a lot of comfort if you shorted India on your MAIN account hahaha. Let’s lose money together :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If I could have I would have. I’m not sure where you got in but ironically my first entry would have been right there at about 11 883 and in just looking at the chart my next entry would have been half way up between 11 883 and 12 687 so at 12 285. Missed the first entry. So would go short two positions (whatever size) at 12 285. But then: it ain’t my money on the line here!!! LOL!!!

Well here’s something:

Tried to place an order and surprise surprise: I cannot short sell the index (actually it’s the Futures Contract that expires 26 June). That’s interesting.

My worst entry was EXACTLY at 11883 LOL

Great minds think alike then. You know the rest of that saying I’m sure!!! LOL!!!

Seeing as I couldn’t short the Futures I actually went to the trouble of opening an Oanda demo in an effort to keep you company. Went immediately short with half a position as I would have been in that short anyway at this point. Did not bother to calculate lot sizes or anything as this is just proof of concept of my trade and nothing more (nice to have $100K in capital though!!! LOL!!!). Will detail the rest later as it was pretty late last night when I did this. Platform doesn’t float my boat though. Not used to all the bells and whistles anymore of some of these platforms.

I don’t use their fxtrade platform, mostly just use metatrader. The only time I use their fxtrade platform is when I need to close all my positions in a single asset with just a few clicks.

1 Like