šŸ“¢ Giveaway Alert: How did you discover forex trading?

I discovered forex trading last year on a random research in the Internet about how to win money beside having a 9-5 job, so it shows me something like financial markets and I started to do some research and found the forex market a few days later I found one of the best sites I could ask forā€¦ Baby pips eheh since then I am trying to win some money but itā€™s not easyā€¦
Thanks for awesome education baby pips :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:(sorry for my Englishā€¦:sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Let me say that destiny put me hereā€¦ First i was looking for a job. In a financia district that a some korean people put an office and trade currency I took all the education before have a contractā€¦ But the conditions were not good for me so i rejected the job all because only would receive earnings by comisionsā€¦ In 2018 a friend told me about financia market so i go again and opened a demo account with a brĆ³ker named Plus 500 and started with stocks marketā€¦ And now with currenciesā€¦ Funny I complained at that time that I get my money by comisions and now in someway its like that!

1 Like

To be honestā€¦ I donā€™t really remember the exact moment when Iā€™ve discovered Forex, but I can tell you the story of how Iā€™ve started (and it involves a little bit of BabyPips as well).

Back in 2012 I was in my 3rd year of university and I really needed money. Forex seemed to be an easy way, in my young and foolish mind, to make some quick dough.

I started to look for ways of how to trade and Iā€™ve discovered the BabyPips University and began to read. After a week or so, Iā€™ve had enough confidence that I can trade. I had no starting capital, so I went to a pawn shop and I sold my gold chain that I received from my mom when I made 18 years old. I got a little bit over 100$ on it.

Iā€™ve made an account with a broker (I think it was Plus500) and began trading. In a couple of month I lost all my money, but the Forex bug got me going and till last year Iā€™ve played with several demo account, Iā€™ve always kept reading and never forgot how trading makes me feel.

Last year Iā€™ve invested in some classes, I learned how to trade and from the 1st April of 2019 Iā€™ve been a trader. Even tough now Iā€™m in the red a little bit, I know that the green is right around the corner.

1 Like

I heard about Forex trading for the first time in 2010, from my maths teacher, I was closed to him back then, so one day he was pressing his phone and I looked at what he was doing and I saw the Forex chart, I was so surprised and at the same time confused, like what is this. So I ask him what was that on the phone screen, so he smiled and said itā€™s called ā€œForex Tradeā€ So I asked him to explain it to me what it is all about, So he said itā€™s the buying and selling of different currencyā€™s, like buying of US dollars and Selling the Pounds, I was so surprised that one can buy and sell different currencyā€™s through the phone so at that point I was so eager to learn, but he said it will take me time to learn that I should face my studies first. So I was through with school and my parents move to another state, that was 2016, then I heard about Forex again from a friend and I was like I have heard such name before can you brief me about it, So he said same thing my maths teacher told me 6 years ago and at that point I was seriously eager to learn this Forex, So I started looking for all means to learn it, I started watching forex videos on YouTube, and I was so confused about the whole thing and I gave up learning it, Move forward to 2018, when I came across FXTM broker and I was like wow, I think this forex really need me to learn it, so I started all over again and the more I do my research the more I get to understand it and then 2019, A friend of mine told me to go check Babypips.com, that they give free full course for this trading for free, and was so surprised and I quickly jump into the site and I was so surprised, And I was like how I wish I know about Babypips back then 2016, but I am so happy that babypips gave me every knowledge I know today about Forex, and I am happy I am doing so well in Forex now.

I will like Babypips to do advert about this course because there are so many people who are looking for this course out there.

Thanks Babypips :heart:

1 Like

I was just tired and bored of trading the Philippines stock market because of slow progress maybe because I need a very large amount of capital to trade. So I thought is there a way to trade like the stock market but I can start with small capital. Then I google, poof! GG! Got addicted to forex since then. now trading a micro live account after trading a demo account for several months.

1 Like

Hi,
I went self employed back in 1994 and invested in the Stock Market with 2 Companies via their managed funds portfolios.

After over seven years, I discovered my funds were worth just over half of what I had paid in over that 7 year time period.

Whatā€™s more, I paid them an annual fee for the privilege of losing that money.

Many years later I had the opportunity to attend a course on Chart Pattern Recognition Trading by legendary Chart Pattern Trader Larry Pesavento in London.

After the course, I believed if I applied the principles I learnt, I could out perform the Professional Fund Managers who were not only losing my money, but charging a hefty fee for their services to rub salt in.

So after studying the chart patterns and the Fibonacci ratios for several years, I feel I can more than compete with the Fund Managers.

Larry, although almost retired, is still my trading mentor and I supply charts of the DAX and FTSE 100 for him for the show he hosts daily at 14-00 hrs GMT on Tiger Financial News Newtwork (TFNN.com).

I guess the key thing Larry taught me (which changed everything for me) was that ā€˜Any single trade has a random outcome. You must judge your performance over multiple tradesā€™

I can say that I am growing my funds better myself using chart pattern recognition with Fibonacci ratios than the professional fund managers ever did.

I now host a website ā€˜Pinpointspatterns.comā€™ where I try to help fellow traders.

I donā€™t sell anything, just try to help folks take a few pips from the markets.

Some days you do, some days you donā€™t

Bottom line ā€˜Take more pips out than you give back, happy days!ā€™

Thank you

Pinpointpip

2 Likes

Thats a long story short, when my friend introduced me to MLM... yeah, doesnt begin well. However to join this crap it was required to open a crypto wallet which l did. On the wallet site there were webinars about crypto trading and as l was curious about how all that works l started watching them all, got started with working on charts. Started with Fibo, then got to S/R, all that stuff. At some point l found an IG page about Forex while looking for inspirations and profits made me wanna get into that.
l created my first account, blown it, butā€¦ l knew Im going to be HELLA RICH because of trading so l didnt give up since and now Im here, after 5 years of strugglin. Thats my story.

1 Like

I discovered trading more than a year ago. Iā€™ve always wanted to explore the market and participate in the market but never knew how or even if it was accessible to ā€œordinary peopleā€ like me. Iā€™ve always though it was only for bankers or big companies, etc.
Iā€™ve started to read on the subject 1 year and a half ago, I discovered that it was accessible to everyone who was willing to take the risk! I was so THRILLED!! I then watched hundreds of videos, tutorials and everything on the subject and finally discovered intraday trading on stocks. I was fired up and ready to go! ā€œThereā€™s so much money I can make, Iā€™m gonna be rich, Iā€™ve found the perfect strategyā€, I was ready to go! I opened up an account with my bank, deposited 700$ and started on the stocks.
Let me tell you; I was a huge and complete noob.
I didnā€™t know how it worked, I always traded by going all in without Stop Loss and falling in love with the companies. I continued to make deposit and quickly lost 900$ in 3 months. While I still made some good trades from time to time, the conversion fees and commission fees kept eating up my profits. At the end, I never made a single penny.

In the meantime I met a friend (that I still have today and taught me Forex trading), he traded Forex and was (and still is) very successful. From time to time we exchanged ideas and he was clearly more knowledgeable than me! When I compared Forex to Stocks trading, I realized that Forex trading is EXACTLY what was best for me. I could trade after work hours (9 to 5) and with a lot less capital than with stocks, less fees and commissions. Thatā€™s it! Thatā€™s what Iā€™m made for!

He created a whole training program for me and taught me how to trade forex on H4 timeline with a simple Pivot Point, Moving Average and Resistance & Support strategy! I went and deposited another 1500$ and started! It was in February 2019, nearly a year ago! At first I was not really good but learned quickly and started to make some good trades and make money! Iā€™ve read and read and read books and content about Forex trading, Iā€™ve also started the Baby Pips training to gain knowledge and skills. Iā€™ve developed my skills a lot, worked on my psychology, worked on my emotions and my strategy.

As of today I trade on Daily timeline on Pivot Point, Moving Average 200 and 50, Resistance & Support and spot only pinbars price action. Iā€™m successful and make on average 5-7% Return per month :smiley: !
Iā€™m glad I started and I canā€™t imagine stopping this! Iā€™m determined and will definitely never give up!

3 Likes

It was a beautiful day, the morning was cool as usual. The feeling of getting up early to start a new day gave me a refreshing feeling of excitement. Being the social media guy, I picked up my phone after the morning routine to view my messages. There were lot of them but a specific message from a close friend got my attention a bit. That message introduced me to the word ā€˜Tradingā€™ as related to the financial market. I had zero interest in the content of the message but I listened as he sold his market, what are friends for anyways? He told me about how he learnt trading Forex and how he is an expert at risk management. Truth be told, i had no idea of what he was talking about or the terms he was using, all that was on my mind at that moment was to end the chat and move on. A dream come true, I ended the chat in the nicest way ever and we didnā€™t chat until weeks later. I tried to avoid any discussion that would lead to trading because there was zero interest at that moment. This happened on the last week of March 2019

Fast forward to the 21st of April 2019, I checked my whatsapp status and I saw an e-book posted by another friend of mine. The e-book was titled ā€˜The intelligent investorā€™ it turned out not to be a smooth read because I was expecting the book to give guidelines on how to invest in businesses but what I saw was tabulated figures of wall Street stock market figures. Trust me, It was the last book I wanted to read, little did I know that nature was trying to connect me to something that would change my life forever. All those experiences came and passed.

Fast forward to the first week of August, the company I work for employed more people to the department. They happen to be within my age grade so we got along well real quick. One glorious Monday, the Monday I wouldnā€™t forget in a horry, I walked into the office and exchanged pleasant greetings with my co-workers. I got to my seat and faced the business of the day. After few hours, I started hearing a discussion going on between the newly employed workers. Firstly, I heard huge figures in dollars and i heard trading terms I couldnā€™t recur. With lot of interest written all over my face, I walked up to them and I got to know more of what they were discussing. That was the day I showed interest in trading after several months of being adamant. The passion to trade grew day by day and I decided to go deep in learning. I did my little research and discovered babypips.com was the perfect platform for the job. I have never seen such dedication in my life before, I finished babypips course!! Before then, I opened a trading account with hotforex and then a demo account were I was practicing what I was learning from babypips. This is like the story of my life hahahaha. My success in the future will be attributed to babypips and I will give back to the online community for the priceless gift.

2 Likes

900 in 3 months? damn, what took you so long, for me it was just a week
:joy:

3 Likes

I was introduced by a friend in summer of 2018 with the promise of big bucks. I was hesitant at first so I put it on the back burner for a couple of months when he insisted that I should get in on ā€œopportunitiesā€, ā€œbig bucksā€. Still hesitant, I came up with the idea to give him my money and have him trade for me. With his help and instruction, I deposited 600$ into a forex account with our broker called Coinexx.

Our partnership/ deal was the following:
Any profit earned would result in 40% cut to him and 60% I would keep at the end of the month. I could withdraw or keep in the account as I wishedā€¦

First few days we made 140$ and it felt good BUTā€¦literallyā€¦ the following day I lost 700$ dollars in a trade. It was an E/U trade that went south on us (we were in a long position).
The School of Pipsolology aptly puts a man throwing up to describe huge losses. (This was the feeling I felt.)
This was my first experience with trading in the forex market. After this experience, I vowed to learn for myself and never experience a loss like this again.

I will admit, I am still learning and have lost money since this experience. Iā€™ve learned that losses are inevitable but they are part of the learning experience and the trading life in general.

I am currently demo trading as I want to grasp a deeper understanding of the basics and grow from there.

Win or lose, I wanted to share this experience to the community.

I was in secondary School when I heard about forex on radio broadcast around 2012 but donā€™t actually know what FX is all about until when I finish my secondary School in 2015 and was looking for what to do in other to help my life. I tried blogging with WordPress but due to light issue in Nigeria I got discouraged. I also tried a lot of Ponzi schemes but all ended up with heartbreak. The first time I tried FX I gave up but I asked myself if thereā€™s people that are really making a living out of this. I found a couple of guys that really look real online like kareen Foo of singerpore, Akinstoke and a couple of other people that I was watching their YouTube videos about forex and I started peaking interest again. I also found babypips school of pipsology from Academia.edu and I am through with it. I started my official demo account trading on the 28th of December last year. So far so good I have come to understand that FX is not easy and that why I have taken this business as an apprentice that you have to study and practice so that you can command authority in it.

I discovered forex in 2013 through the internet. And with no knowledge of how to trade i almost fall victim to brokers who wanted me to deposit money without going through the training first.
But i thank God and also grateful my mentor Frank for introducing babypips.com to me with the well packaged courses and educational manual i am now well guarded on forex.

The interest started for me just after christmas last year 2019. I was being nosey on the internet and came across the story of someone who was a novice in trading 3 years prior and who is now doing well for herself. i decided to check out the broker she used and found out that they develop training contents which i have been listening to. My curiosity also lead me to finding forex-related contents on youtube and one of the videos led me to finding out about Babypips. I havent done much and still learning as i am still less than 20 days in the game but i must say that its been interesting & challenging trying to grasps the concept

Thank you for your interest in reading how I started trading.

I began when my daughter, ā€˜Junior Managementā€™, was 5 years old. I enjoyed a 2-day freebie introduction with a trainer who will remain nameless and was rapidly enticed into overpaying for the subsequent courses. I rapidly came to realise that mentoring or at least some form of coaching was going to be essential to make reliable headway.
Jump forward to changing to another trainer. His operation was a breath of fresh air. Not to mention being a fraction of the cost of the previous outfit. Regimented approach focusing on the set-up but lashings of risk management, correct trade sizing, money management and mindset development. Not a bad word to say about them.
The mistake I made was to be persuaded to stop altogether instead of persevering as I had been bouncing around breakeven for ages and was probably close to breaking through to more consistent profitability.
Here I am, 4 years later from that trading ā€˜sabbaticalā€™, enjoying it as much as before and as determined to make it work for me.

I discovered forex trading, at the age of 19 years old. I was introduced to it by my friend and me having no idea what the heck forex trading is, I got a bit more interested in it. Because mainly the whole phase of the mindset of get rich quick, massive amount of profit return and becoming a millionaire in 3 days guaranteed! Butā€¦ nope, the reality of trading is cold and very frustrating. As I dive deeper in asking many questions about Forex, my friend introduced me to BabyPips which is the greatest site that goes into detail to all my questions and not only that, but the awesome memeā€™s they put in the courses and the fact you can learn forex on it for FREE! (Highly recommended to check it out, if youā€™re looking to get started with Forex).

Going through the course topics on BabyPips, it set my foundation of knowledge about trading. Now today, I have learned a new mindset and how I view forex and my 2 and a half years of trading, is that it takes a lot of patience, discipline and risk management. A reminder, that the market is never wrong or right, it simply just shows information presented to you and itā€™s your job when you execute a trade is to use proper risk management, and your analysis and to remember to take all emotions away when you trade! As Iā€™ve mentioned my friend from the start of my journey with forex. I thank my friend who is now my girlfriend that Iā€™ve been with for almost 3 years now! Not only that I have a romantic relationship with my best-friend, but the fact Iā€™ve been introduced/discovered Forex is a big win and will never regret it! Thatā€™s pretty much, how I discovered Forex and my journey with it.

Happy Trading to all traders, and remember success is not achieved right away but the hustle you put into it does.

It was around two years ago I lost smartphone so i was listening to a radio station since there was no smartphone to keep me busy. While listening to the radio the guest that was invited to the radio station talked about a forex seminar which will be held and the venue is not far from my location. Have never heard about forex trading before but since i heard it was about making with your smartphone i decided to go the seminar after the seminar I was so enthusiastic to learn about forex trading even though i had no smartphone

It was in 2018 September, broke, no job, bad economy and and I almost went into depression. Then a friend of mine mentioned about Forex, thought it was a scam but I sought to find out more and I had to read a lot about Forex just to trust it. Then after finding out I started reading on Forex after I found babypis.com (simple and easy to use website but with all info I needed) on December 12, 2018. Funniest thing I had given myself just one month to study (so sad) but I am still learning up to now.

I always so adverts on face book most especialy from e toro then a friend told me about how she is making an extra income from forex and introduced me to baby bips have never looked back though still learning

I got to know of Fx trading through a church friend first half of 2015, she was in another country and l was in another country, she told me via whatsapp chats, ā€œhave you heard about forex trading? People are gaining finacial freedom and lives are changing daily my sister in the LORDā€. I immediately went on the internet and started researching, l started on demo trading in January 2017 then started on live trading in May 2018 until today lam gratefully for my friend and sister in the LORD who opened my eyes to the life changing field of financial markets trading.
#howdidldiscover #forextrading