šŸ“¢ Giveaway Alert: How did you discover forex trading?

Iā€™ve found out about forex since 2005, however gave no consideration to it until 2017 I saw FXTM spring up advertisement on facebook. I clicked and joined, scarcely any mins in the wake of joining, I got a call from fxtm account chief inviting me ready and gave me my extraordinary chance to go to their %100 free course and workshop, which I did consequently for close to 12 months at the workshop the educator gave us babypips as a reinforcement to what weā€™ve realized, I experienced it and from that point forward it has been contributing monstrously to my FX trading aptitudes.

I discovered FOREX trading by browsing the internet. I also learnt how to trade through Babypips. Its the most educative site I have ever seen. I have no one on one mentor, am still trying to find my foot in trading however.
Regards.
SB

My name is Chege from Africa Kenya. I first heard about forex in 2013 during a 10 day vipassana meditation :person_in_lotus_position:ā€ā™‚ course. After the 10 days during which there is no talking, no mobile phone and no mixing between genders, I met this guy who told me that he trades for a living. I enquired more and he just told me to go to Babypips.com. When I went home I checked out the website and I was surprised that all this information is out there and for free. I went ahead and bought a big book to start studying babypips. It took me a whole year to finish the classes as I was studying while working. And to tell the truth I enjoyed the classes thoroughly as babypips have endeavored to make the classes enjoyable and entertaining. I felt more confidence as I went from level to level until I finished the whole course. And the quizzes were also really good to test what you learned so far. I only started trading in 2017 after doing demo trading for a year. But trading with real money :dollar: is not the same as with paper :moneybag:. We fail with live accounts because we are so invested emotionally,but itā€™s the only way to learn the ropes of trading. Am now learning to apply my meditation in trading, I donā€™t take things personally. Although am yet to be profitable, I can say I have come so far. I understand that before I start making the buck, I have to make myself first. I think forex trading is a great lesson for life. You understand that greed and fear donā€™t bear good results. It teaches you how to accept things when they are not going your way. It teaches you how to observe without getting personal. It is like meditation in all ways.
I would wish to be gifted with the 50 usd to add to my trading business. Thank you and I commend you for the love and support you offer to this community.
[Removed for Forums Policy violation]

1 Like

I discovered forex trading while trading CDFs and deepened my knowledge on the markets. Forex gives constant opportunities for trading in both directions 24/5

i had thought of the way forward that i could use to multiply the few coins i had. The kenyan economy had depreciated and businesses were at a slump. While relaxing in my bed one cool evening, and listening to a local radio station, i heard an economist who by that time was a guest speaker called Dr. Sam Nyaoke trying to teach youths on other forms of investments. He talked about forex trading as a means of getting some income. He cited some of the few forex brokers to work with such as EGM securities which is based in kenya. I decided to register with the broker . After the registration i was assigned a mentor who introduced me to the babypips platform for all my forex questions. Today iam on my way trading forex with the help of babypips. Thanks to the platform.

My journey just started last week. A MLM organisation that I will not name tried to recruit me and talked about forex as the miracle way of getting rich. I didnā€™t fall for their scheme but they did spark my interest in forex. Thatā€™s when I started doing my own research about this subject. I loved the idea and started looking up on all the different channels on how I could learn more about it. Thatā€™s how I discovered Babypips, people were overwhelmingly positive about this site. I decided to check it out and thatā€™s why Iā€™m here now. This site is amazing, not only do you guys have a nicely structured teaching program for all levels, you guys also tell the things as they are. No ā€œget rich quickā€ talk, no trying to portray things better than they are to get more people to join. No, this is a community ready to help eachother, a community that is honest about the time, patience and hard work that is needed to be succesful in this type of business. I really like that.

While Iā€™ve only just begun with the Babypips school Iā€™m looking forward to what more this site and forex has to offer me. I love learning about it and the most important thing that Iā€™ve learned so far, youā€™ve got to love the journey if you want the result because if you want to do forex, youā€™re in it for the long run.

Good luck on the giveaway everyone!

2 Likes

I discovered forex trading in a unusual way actually. Im from a poverty stricken area where violence is bound to happen any moment, which one could compare to the volatility in the market. I was on my way home from work sobbing and aching only becoming more frustrated knowing I had to be back in the morning. Mind you I had no car and it was about 10:00PM. I heard several shots as I entered my neighborhood. Quickly I ran to cover, as I heard screeching coming from down the road. People began to exit their homes in awe, as the family of the boy held him as he laid there grasping his last breath of air. As I stood there watching him pant, I recognized him through all the blood on his face. He was my co worker up until he wait a few weeks ago. Everyday he came in telling me about what he called the glitch, instead of calling it forex. I never paid him no mind until that moment. He told me he just wanted to get out of poverty and leave the criminal life behind and what a coincidence it was that his phone was open to MetaTrader 4. He was up over $20,000.00 on GBPAUD. I couldnā€™t believe my eyes. From that day on I made a promise to myself to finish what he started. God bless your precious soul, all I can say is thank you, I shouldā€™ve listened when you were here.

1 Like

Back in the early 80ā€™s i heard something on the television about investing in the CME or I forget now what it was called. It was a late night like infomercial about investing in the greatest something opportunity of your life. Anyway I wrote the address down and sent an envelope to the address asking for the information they were giving away. A few weeks later I got a VHS tape with some folder with a bull on the front and shiny office buildings in the background. It said all kinds of good things inside like lifestyle change and what not. Anyway I did inquire as to how much it would be to begin to invest. I think it started at half a million or something like that. I was making 2.00 and hour or something like that. It mentioned something called the foreign exchange or currencies something to that effect. It was the only thing that stuck to me. I guess it was a prospectus or something to the like that I had sent off for. I was still a teenager at the time. I did pursue to get more knowledge of it by going to an old library downtown and found some really old books on the stock market with some really crazy obscure words along with some weird charts and graphs that just turned me off. The books actually smelled like mold because no one had ever read them. The library is probably the oldest I had ever been in. Anyway i placed the idea in the back of my head and kept it there for another 10 years or so until I got dial up or dsl service forget now which came first but I had them both. With my Netzero or Juno account and AOL rocking I went looking for more information for something called currencies and found more obscure stuff to keep me puzzled and searching again. Some stuff I could understand, but there was a lot more information than I could keep up with. I guess some time in the early 2000ā€™s is when I found way more relevant and understandable information on currencies and the FOREX. It was probably in the 2010ā€™s that I found babypips, but then forgot about it. Then remembered it again when I was buying a cheesy ebook on FOREX in the google library. I am going through the class now. Should have done it the first time I found it, but life is life. Here I am now.

2 Likes

I firstly saw and knew about Forex trading online while i was damn frustrated with my country financial situation on working day to day job,so i decided to search online ways to make money online and there it comes but it was too easy to believe u will be making lots of money,so i stayed away but kept thinking how to go about it cos i havenā€™t heard it from anyone here in Nigeria then,until i heard it on a radio station 4years later and i decided to follow up after i have tried some app that looks like the real Forex of now and wasted my money,luckily am now in a safe hand with a good Forex teacher even though am still learning and not that good yet,recently during the festive period was when i met with my childhood friend who just came back from ukrain luckily i mentioned Forex to his hears and he told me about babypips,since then have been learning through my banypips course.

Actually I didnā€™t have any idea of it. But once I noticed a TV news on bitcoin. Then Iā€™ve tried to search what is bitcoin. then Iā€™ve learned," its a cryptocurrency and only the miners are producer of it". I think it someting amazing & Iā€™ve curiosity to know any unknown things. So Iā€™ve tried to mine bitcoin by my small configured computer. After somedays Iā€™m surprised that bitcoin is something whose price is moving each day, each hour even each minute/second. So Iā€™ve thought to take this moving facilities to make some money for me. Then after this history Iā€™ve learnt step by step about forex and decided to go with that. thankyou.

Through facebook.

In 2007 I was looking for a way to get rich overnight. I happened upon a live seminar of a company selling their ā€œ4XMade Easyā€ software. Wow, their method was so simple to understand: When you get 4 Green Arrows on 4 timeframes of a currency pair you BUY. When those arrows change to Red: you SELL! The Pitchman presented on an overhead screen a trading page displaying (supposedly) his live trades. Within minutes he made $831 on a tradeā€¦doing nothing but talk to us!

WOWā€¦now this was a system that I KNEW would put me in the ranks of a little known millionaire of the time by the name of Donald Trump. For $3,000 I bought the software on the spot (they offered a payment plan) along with about 15 other folks.

ā€¦.for the proceeding 5 days, I managed to LOSE $3,000 in a live account (why muck around with a DEMO account when I could make LIVE money just like he did?). That was the beginning of a 13 year course in the Forex University of Hard Knocks. I canā€™t say that I am any closer to joining the ranks of Donald Trump but I am a lot SMARTER! I am finally experiencing enough success that it keeps me hanging on with ā€œjust one more tradeā€.

Moral of my story: (1.) There is no such thing as ā€œForex Made Easyā€
(2.) If youā€™re in it just for the money; take up another hobby
(3.) I still enjoy it enough that IF you have found the mythical Holy Grailā€¦I will gladly
buy you and beer and hear what you have to say.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trading for just only 2 months. Since am a newbie, my collegue introduce me babypips to learn along way my journey in learning Forex.

My Forex trading Journey started in 2018 during my internship as an undergraduate. On my way back home from work, someone on the radio spoke about Forex trading and how she makes $100 every day from trading and I was earning less than $50 every month in my place of work. Being very curious by nature, I searched on what FOREX trading was and saw that Warren Buffet (My Idol) is one of the biggest earners from FOREX trading. So I started trading with a little over $20, a leap of faith and a good broker. The journey has been quite challenging there have been ups and downs (really a learning curve) but one thing Forex has thought me is Patience. Thank you Babypips for also being part of this journey:vulcan_salute:

I got married last year, and had our first baby this year in a foreign country. Having not had a 9-5 job in 9 years while on my own and traveling, I explored self-employed options to provide for my new family. Tried stocks first when pot stocks drew my attention. I enjoyed the little ride and that faded away. After some time I suddenly opened up to forex and commodities, and never looked back and never stopped organizing myself for it since the first day. Itā€™s what fits me. Itā€™s been enriching, and the passion Iā€™ve applied into other challenging interests until I discovered forex, apply here too now. Meaning to roll with the punches and truly find success for my family and I.

1 Like

Saw it on social media. Everyone was talking about babypips as the best ever tutorial website that has everything in one place. Me being the impulsive kid that i am never believed it since i never liked tutorials in any aspect in life. But then came the stock market/forex adventures that humbled me to ground. After that, babypips was my sole partner in re-learning everything from the market and this time the right way.

I started live Forex trading in 2019 January, however I discovered forex on YouTube in 2018 after watching young guys making money, driving nice cars and showing their trading activities on their smartphones. Since then I started to research more about Forex, read articles and a dozen of books about trading forex, my passion grew exponentially in months, itā€™s like the more I blew my tiny trading accounts the more my love for Forex grew, I never traded a demo account always preferred depositing small amounts and trade micro lots. During my beginning stages I focused on Technical analysis and price action, which are powerful skills in my possession, however I have found myself profitable as a Fundamental trader combined with Technical skills. Today forex trading changed my life completely compared to before I discovered it, besides being financially satisfied because of forex trading, I have developed great habits and discipline that keeps me on track regarding my trading career and personal development

I discovered forex trading few yars ago.I heard about forex trading from my frien. I ask him for details & ask him to teach me,but he didnā€™t teach.After few days i google about forex trading & i find this awesome site the baby pips.I started reading, & i finished all chapter. Now im getting better. This is my story.
Thanksfor readin.

1 Like

Yaaay! :blush: Haha. Another giveaway. :slight_smile: And good thing I made it just right in time. :sweat_smile: Iā€™ve been telling my story for quite a while now.

I was introduced to forex by my uncle. :slight_smile: Heā€™s into trading stocks and he was earning so much already. He told me about it and recommended that I check out Babypips first. He said that the idea of stocks and forex is pretty similar. :sweat_smile: So, I checked it out and voila, I feel in love with forex. Haha. :smiley: The numbers, the challenge, the risks, all of it. :slight_smile: And of course, I fell in love with this beautiful community too!

I discovered forex trading from scammers on Facebook. They were promising all sorts of monetary rewards for forex trading. But what made me interested in their proposition was when they said it was a $5 trillion a day industry. I became interested in the industry and decided to research on my own. After a week of research and almost giving up because of the money all the scammers wanted from me, I discovered babypips.com on quora when I asked a question about learning forex. Since then, that was last year, I have been educating myself on this forum and practicing on a demo. Happy to be here.

1 Like