GIVEAWAY: How long do you think it will take you to become a successful trader?

My name is Henry, I’m from Nigeria, I have successfully graduated from college, although I’m a newbie to forex trading I want to take as a full time hustle, as there are no much opportunities in my country.

With the kind of motivation and hardwork I put in and also the help of this site and forum I’m quite sure that in 5months I will be trading for real perfectly.

Hi everyone, Keegan here from SA!

I have been trading (unsuccessfully) for the past few months. What I have committed to doing recently is writing down my trading activities in a journal to identify weaknesses and strengths. I’m also sticking to only 2 strategies on only 2 pairs, and of course, reading as much as I can on price action!
I’m giving myself about 6 months. 3 more months on demo and then another 3 months going live. Yeah, I’ll be successful by then.

hii, i am vaibhav shingnapure from india. i live with my family. i stared from stock market india firstly i earn easily after some time i am getting huge lose then i tried to study the whole concepts now i my doing day trade in forex and swing trade in stock market from last 2.5 years. most of the my day go to see charts write down news on my journal and prdict the impact of news… and evrey day try to positive more than yesterday… i love to study mindset concept after all trading is mindset game. Keep charting find patterns. trust your analysis. and do it… profit and loss is part of game. you will only see result after month or year.
and thanks to babypips all over the internet you will find this websites guide to begginer from start to end.
answer of question…
there is no time limit every day you will learn something different from trading. if you studied well practice more chances you are better in trading.

plan to get successful
begginer watch movies of stock market
come to babypips or try to read begginer books it will give you idea.

1. is committed to trading
  2. be positive always and think that way you’r winning.
  3. try to understand price action you will get idea whose in control make stategy on price action not on indicator because indictors always secondary parts if you understand market whose in control your chances high to win. if you want to use indicator then use only for confirm price action direction.
  4. very imp make a journal or diary right down every thought coming in mind. every trade reasons also why are geeting in out… more strong analysis create strong belive. chances are very high that you will win.
  5. always make sl and tp.
  6. don’t do trade acccording to your need.
  7. try to gain pips not to foucs on money. most retail trader try to just gain thats wrong of trading.
  8. if you get loss. try to meditation and get down all your nerveounes. be calm. enjoy the day.
    make your brain creats a positive pattern. and your pattern will be a routine.
    thats my journey and i m living my every day with trading and investing trying to lern more and more. it keeps me more healthy by mind and wealth also.
    thank you

Hi, I am Alia. I am from London UK and a newbie to trading. I started my journey 1 month ago and have been practicing on my demo account to build my confidence and knowledge when it comes to trading. In the last month I have learnt so much information not just about trading but also about the different countries and how their currencies work. I think for most people usually it can take anything from 3-12 months to become a successful trader as everyone has a different method of learning and we are all here on our own individual journey. I personally think even once I have mastered the concept of some trades , even then I will still always be learning every single day but I expect myself to be at the start of my successful trader journey in the next 2 months.

I’m KAZEEM SODIQ from Nigeria, an intermediate trader with about 16 months trading experience.

I just started regaining what I’ve lost in forex. I’m making about, $10 everyday with my $100 account. In a month, I’m making at least #100. In 3 to 5 years, I would have become a very successful trader. Watch out!

Hi My name is Maritza, wife and I have a handsome baby boy. Live in Haiti and I am new to babyPips and trading, actually I am learning from babypips how to be one of the best trader in the world. I am very glad to be here, to be part of this community.

Before babypips, I have try to learn how to trade by myself but I got to tell I’ve lost 70$!!! When I discover babypips, I was so relief that I started to learn immediately and keep that energy to trade after completed the classes. The best way to initiate in trading for me is:
1- To learn, learn as much as I can, learn from the other traders, in youtube, forum, other tutorials and be in a community
2- To train in a demo account
3- Be well equip, with good perform tools and
4- Acquire experiences

Howdy from the West coast of Canada.
Cheers, good luck to all.

Good morning/afternoon/evening, guys! My name is Jasmine, and I’m from Georgia, USA. I’ve been bumbling around BabyPips for a month or two now, going through the lessons. I haven’t started playing with a paper trading account yet, but I intend to do so soon. Trading is something I have been interested in for years, but I’d never considered Forex until my husband started doing some research in his spare time. I’m hoping this can be a way to supplement our income, and maybe become our primary income over time.

As far as the “how long will it take to be successful?” question goes, it’s relative; what constitutes success? I’ll count myself successful if I have more wins than losses, and I’m bringing in more than I’m putting out–even if it’s just a dollar or two here and there. I’ll say optimistically it’ll take between 3-6 months if I devote all of my time and resources to learning before I open a live account. Realistically, though, it will likely take me 6-12 months or longer, only because I’m sure I’ll make mistakes along the way.

I look forward to interacting with all of you!

What’s up! I’m Sophia from Los Angeles. I’m a personal trainer, musician, and dancer.

I’ve been live trading for 2 months now and I aim to be a profitable trader by this summer. My strategy right now is to take everyone’s advice with a grain of salt. I’ve learned thatthe same method doesn’t work for everyone. I’m learning to simplify my strategies and learn what works best for me. Psychological training is also important. I’ve learned not to react emotionally to my wins/losses.

Hi Babypips, I am Bojan, originally from Serbia, but living in Switzerland. I am a mechanical engineer, and I added a MBA degree few years after my first master degree so I am good in tech/engineering world but I am improving in the finance world as well! I started getting interested for trading a year ago, but I have actually started learning it step by step here and I enjoy the process!

I think that in a year, or year and a half, will become a successful trader, meaning that I will gain a positive balance at the end of each month, of course with your help! Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Hello to everyone, I am Earl from the Philippines, I am a teacher, i have been trying to find eays to earn some sideline. Been trading on Forrex and Crypto for a while now, but i am constantly losing instrad of earning. I am not consistent with my trades, been watching a lot of videos froma lot of trading gurus on youtube, but seems i just dont have the basic knowledgr that i need to be a good trader. I don’t have the self control since i have been very impulsive with my trades.

I am trying to start anew, and then i stimble on babypips, I am just starting to do the lesson but i know someday i cna be a succesful trader, maybe it would take me 1-2 years to be a successful traded. I wil give my best to become one.

Hi, I’m Silas Ocheni and from all classes on school of pipsology plus additional training i believe it should take me about a year before I’ll be a successful professional trader

Hi there, my name is Nathan and I am from Australia. I have started learning about trading and registered an account just over a week ago so am very new. I have had a few demo trades (some good and some terrible!). I think to become a successful trader it will take around 12 months. I think to be profitable and reasonable it will probably be 3-6 months but to be really successful I am thinking probably 12 months. There is so much to read and learn and even then putting the education to practice use is probably going to take some time which is why I am thinking 12 months.

Hi all! I’m Tahir from Toronto, Canada. I am a full time employee ( engineer) and do Forex part time. I like macro economics part of forex.
I tried forex few times and blown away 3-4 accounts. But for the last 6 months, after re start, I am in profit. My most successful week was with 700% profit, pure luck may be !!!

Hi. My name is Candice. I believe it would take about 3 to 6 months to become a successful trader depending how dedicated a person is to Forex. I have been using multiple ways of learning for free for about 3 months, including babypips. Now I’m getting the hang of it. Thank u baby pips for the additional learning.

Hey I’m Brandon I’ve been learning about forex for 3 years I’ve whipped some accounts I was working before this pandemic but now I’ve decided to use my time to be a full time trader I’ve been demo trading for a year and a half I think my strategy is profitable and when I have capital I will be trading immediately let me know if now is a good time to still trade

Hi my name is Maliik. I’m from Tampa, FL and currently live in Los Angeles. I started off with the goal of learning about the stock market but Forex trading seems so much more rewarding and accessible especially if you’re not already somewhat wealthy. I don’t know how long it will take me to become a successful trader, but I do know I want to open a real account by September/October. For now I’m just trying to read through the School of Pipsology, but I’m a slow reader so it might be a while :joy:

Hi, I’m James from Nigeria, I live with my parents as a student of Engineering here in Nigeria I decided to embark on this wonderful course.

Hopefully with all things been equal I started trading few months ago with the knowledge been gotten from babypips and am already a successful trader.
Been a profitable trader took me just five months although gam still building up my knowledge as its is been said that learning never ends

Hi my name is Jerry from Nigeria. Am an Agriculturist but i have never seen a business that is as comfortable as forex trading. Even though, a 15 years professional trader will still sit down in front of his trading desk to learn everyday. Forex is very wide so learning never stops and also, to be a successful trader, that means you must have had 30:70 risk/reward ratio. Though i just signed up with a broker last month but to say the fact, am seeing myself staying long and long in the trade market. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity given to us to share our minds. More WINS!!!

Hello! I’m Sebastian. I joined this community about a couple of weeks ago, and so far I have been really grateful for free education you are giving on Forex. Such services rarely comes out free though. I wish to become a complete trader within six months to a year. I have been Demo-trading since I started; I want to relax and equipped myself well with any available knowledge and also have enough space to raise a reasonable capital to start the trading journey.