Global and US Market Strong Weak Rankings

Just about every area of the market finished down for the week, I am waiting for that final shake out selloff as October is the month for market bottoms

2-5-16

Another down day but only a little, Two more chances this month for a black Monday

market was up but most areas closed near their low of the day, we did get a few more above their 10 dma, lets hope that starts a trend

5-6-16

Not much happening this week, most of the market remains below their 50 day moving averages

10-7-16

We ended the week on a mixed note, we now have a slim majority above the 10 dma, but 2/3rds still below the all important 50 dma. This market may not show it’s hand until after the election. And we still have two more chances for a black Monday this month.

12-7-16

much better than that 50 is 200SMA on daIL\Y tf ON;LY :d

The 200 sma is telling us we are still in a bull market, but the 10 and 50 sma are showing weakness, A healthy market cannot live long below the 50sma. and this one has been there too long. Good news is the QQQ is leading and that is always a good sign

We are slowly improving, need to see more areas get back above the 50 dma

17-8-16

One step up and one step back as we give back all of Monday’s gains

11-6-16

Mixed day in the market as we lose two more green balls

10-5-16

Market continues to weaken as we lose another 200 dma Top ETF XME took a big hit today

5-5-15

Only Financials remain above all three moving averages , Markets are clearly on hold until after the election

4-4-15

Let’s talk US Elections. On Friday the FBI reopen it’s investigation into Hillary Clinton illegal email server. The hour of that announcement saw the DOW drop 150 points and the S&P down 20, Clearly the market was pricing in a Clinton victory, now that is in question. This has all the makings of a Breixt type of event.

As we near election day, I suspect the value of the US dollar to be even more volatile as poll results are updated and more speculation occurs regarding the next president of the United States. That being said, I believe the value of the US dollar (DXY) will slowly regain steadiness and an overall bullish outlook with the economic data we’re to receive this coming week.

Market is nearly flat on the day, unless the FBI is seen leading Clinton away in handcuffs I would expect more of the same the rest of the week

6-5-15

I saw the US pollster Frank Luntz interviewed by the BBC yesterday. He was saying that a week ago, he put Clinton’s chances at around 95%, but with what’s come up recently he thinks Trump’s chances have probably quadrupled. That still gives Clinton about an 80% chance, though, as he was keen to stress. And he’s a Republican, I [I]think[/I]? (Not sure Trump is, though - but that’s another story, isn’t it?).

My own guess, from the doubtless-selected information we see over here, is that it’s all far [I]less[/I] predictable than the polling companies suggest, and that there are huge numbers of people “out there” and maybe unrepresented in the polls who are more or less “looking for an excuse to vote for Trump”, and this might just give them one, however little hard fact there might be in the story(?).

The US economy is on life support, only kept alive by 10 trillion in new government debt, 4 trillion in Quantitative Easing by the Federal Reserve and near zero interest rates that is taking money out of the pockets of baby boomers saving for retirement. If Clintion is elected the life support will continue. 8 more years of this and expect the political and social landscape of the US to look more like what you saw in the Movie “Hunger Games” If Trump is elected look to him as an experimental drug that may save us or kill us. It is your choice red pill or blue pill

Hi Lexys, hope all is well. you are correct in not believing the polls, I look at the crowds the candidates are drawing to their events. Clinton is lucky to fill a High School gym, while 30,000+ will show up for a Trump rally. Clinton has cancelled many rallies do to low turn out, I have never heard of a Trump rally being cancelled for low turn out. The Trump supporter is far more likely to show up to vote then the Hillary supporter, this new round of FBI investigation is only going to expand that last point

This makes sense to me, thanks Dennis. (I think we had a similar thing over here, with the Brexit referendum: the people who wanted to change the status quo and vote for “something different” felt better incentivised to turn out and record their votes.)

Big scare today as DOW was down over 200 and below the important 18,000 mark. Market rallied in last hour but is this just an oversold bonce.

2-3-15