Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Good point, and that goes for any aspiring traders, regardless the instruments.

There’s an old school CME floor trader that told of wild stories back in the day. Most were also “dreamers”. Most washed out after a period of time, some stuck thru it for the long game.

He told me you could always tell the winners from the losers. The winners who were on their game were relatively quite, humble and always focused. The losers were the ones who were snide, cynical, always putting down other traders. The market scarred them for life, so they had to take it out on others.

Sounds much like acehole. If he’s bloviating about making 100% a week, while sneering at others, chances are the market has had the better of him.

EDIT: I also filled him in on Prop Firms like FTMO. He scoffed at the idea, rolled his eyes and leaned into me and said “If I were you, I would take all their money, just take it all!”

2 Likes

Yes. really.

Sometimes I open accounts to see what a broker is about, Test out their deposit/withdrawals, scrutinize their fees, ultimately find out If they’re what I feel comfortable with.

Here’s one I opened this week. I placed a few hundred dollars and started doing my thing. I stumbled on the first couple of trades while studying the execution etc.

This is a live acct, it wasn’t premeditated, I didn’t plan to show the internet this. None of it is photo-shopped etc. It’s all manual traded, No cheezy codes or charts packed with technicals.

As I said, the returns start to steady when the account gets into serious numbers, at that point the returns grow in tandem and are plenty.

I’ve been a professional trader since I was licensed back in '07.

Most people on these forums aren’t worth responding to. They only believe in what’s inherent in them and ultimately holds them back. The vast majority of people aren’t cut out for this. If told they immediately rage as if their dreams were ripped away.

This really is for the young guys and girls that really want to pursue professional trading, trading in a real way that makes a meaningful impact on their life. It is real and a very, very, very small segment of the population can do this day to day and you won’t find them here. I will tell you social media isn’t the best place to learn and has the opposite effect…

If it was meant to be, you’ll find your way naturally. There’s so much to learn and that never stops.

How can you expect anyone here to take you seriously with this?

The fact that you are turning over an account within a weeks time only shows that you are over-leveraging the account. It is easy to flip an account, but you are not going to do it week after week, especially with that kind of win/loss ratio.

Showing this to ‘the young guys and girls that really want to pursue professional trading’ is not sending the proper message.

2 Likes

This FTMO Trader is trading with a $450,000 FTMO Account

1 Like

You think he cares if he’s a “Trader” as defined by resident acehole? :rofl:

1 Like

If you peruse his other posts you’ll see he’s a cynical condescending acehole with everyone. In his head he is the only proper trader, trading properly, and everyone else are loser’s and should give it up and go away.

The replies to his posts are priceless: For people that think they want to trade currencies - Beginner Questions - BabyPips.com Forex Trading Forum

2 Likes

By your post you show you don’t have a concept for “consistency”.
25 years ago when I was a newbie,yet I had several times making 10 fold in a week. At the end I was still a loser .
It is consistency that matters.

2 Likes

Yea bro that maybe a Unrealistic return long-term

2 Likes

I think that’s an excellent example of how people are in any industry

2 Likes

It is honestly difficult for me to take him seriously. I suspect that he might be trolling.

As Pops would say, jolly good show.

2 Likes

I recommend this guy ditch his FTMO account, get in touch with arseofspace, and learn from him. :rofl:

2 Likes

another broker to check out

3 Likes

See how these people react. They detract, cry foul as if it’s an act of heresy. While none of them can achieve the same. Instead you see childish angry posts and “that was me when I was young” and even a youtube video for Christ’s sake.

When people get upset you know you’re doing something right. It’s always that way. The ability to create money out of thin air at will is so foreign to them.

This is typical of these forums day in day out. They are packed full dreamers and retirees. Forex is remains a hobby for them and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Professional traders do exist, but we tend to commiserate within our own circle. That’s why you don’t see many of us in places like this.

Separate yourselves from the likes of them. These people are captive to their own inherent limitations.

To the young, humble person lurking. Good Luck to you

-Don’t bet on it.

-I can only speak for myself, but I am not upset at all. I think it is a joke, actually. I welcome the entertainment.

-Come on, now, who are you kidding? :grin:

1 Like

so why are you here?

1 Like

And yet here you are…talking :poop:

1 Like

Hey guys- Just wanted to post a disclaimer that I am not in any way related to the troll.

Any prospective brokers spotted recently?

2 Likes

Has anyone found any that allow deposits in other cryptos such as ETH or even better using stablecoins? WOuld love to see those added to some of the mentioned brokers.

I move USDC all the time with hanko normally 24 hour to move funds in or out. Coinexx is stable coin too and they are normally 24 hour to get in or out also.

1 Like

Turnkeyforex.

1 Like