Going offshore to escape the CFTC

There are a few services that claim they will pass the challenges for you as well. I wonder how much this accounts for the blown accounts once passed. End of the day if you can’t pass the challenge you won’t keep the account.

1 Like

Those services and the people who use them get banned by MFF on a regular basis.

1 Like

That’s good that MFF bans them. Nothing about these services makes any sense. If they can help someone pass the challenge, why not simply do it themselves? If client can’t pass the challenge, what use is a funded account?

2 Likes

Exactly the question you have to ask. They are just relying on the fees they charge.

Yes, I always find it funny, in all aspects of life…those who can…do, those who can’t…teach

2 Likes

has anyone ever made large withdraws from turnkey?!

Big Ups to ProspertyFx :raised_hands: Indices spread, commission, fast withdrawal, one of a kind.

2 Likes

LQDFX is now offering crypto trading, just got the email

You asked for it.

Now, it is here.

Trade Crypto with LQDFX.

Dear clients,

We are excited to welcome you to our Crypto world!

As we’ve expanded our product offering, you can now trade the following cryptocurrencies:

2 Likes

So I’ve been using primarily prop firms FTMO (18 months) and MFF (6 months). I cannot find a viable 3rd, so am going to trade some personal accounts again. Since I haven’t been trading personal accounts, I am abit out of the loop. At one point, I had a combo of Finpro (now Coinexx), FXChoice and Tradersway and for a short time had LMFX and LQDFX as well. I can still use Tradersway and FXChoice as an existing customer, however the fact they have stopped onboarding new US clients obviously raises a flag. I’ve also recently added a lot of indices trading, which TW doesn’t even offer. I assume you would recommend choosing the best broker from the different prime broker services…as in Coinexx, cedarfx and prosperity as that would be 3 different prime broker services? LMFX and LQDFX are still their own platform?

2 Likes

right now I’m only using 2, prosperityfx and cedarfx, if i had to add a 3rd one again it will be LQDFX but i’m happy with my 2

you could go with, cedarfx, coinexx and LQDFX

2 Likes

I like prosperity as they offer incremental lots on indices, which coinexx does not. I’m thinking Coinexx, Prosperity and Cedar. Would you say those are the best options from the 3 “main” prime broker services?

2 Likes

Took them long enough.

1 Like

yes sir they are, also like you said prosperity offer mini us30 with good spreads, can’t beat that

1 Like

Even if I pass funded challenge, still keeping personal accounts. I see no reason not to do both. I am grandfathered in at some old brokers and like conditions there. BTW, passed first FTMO demo and blew up on the second due to lot size. Needed to nerf AMZN not AAPL. Also, I don’t generally trade dollar index but it was in my list of instruments. Oops. That $500 daily DD can happen quickly. Also wondering what happens to markets as situation in Ukraine develops. Maybe not best time to try challenge. I would not pick December to begin either. Timing is important

As far as risk per trade with the props, I use a % of the DD allowed as opposed to % of equity. If you’re risk of ruin is say 50 losers in a row, where you’d be risking 2% of your EQUITY in a personal account, you simply risk 2% of the DD allowed with the prop. Slower process, but you will not run into DD violations. As far as the Ukraine situation, you can make a ton on the right side of things. If they do indeed invade, buy JPY. buy Gold and sell indices.

2 Likes

Just treat maximum drawdown as your entire capital in your personal account.
Then how do you trade your personal account, how you trade challenge.

If you can’t understand maximum drawdown is the funds you get from prop firms, you will have trouble with your money management.

4 Likes

Also if you fail to realize maximum drawdown is the funds you get from prop firms, you will make mistake to pick a worse and expensive challenge.

I will take topsteptrader as example:

Their 50K challenge only has 2000 maximum drawdown( trailing drawdown,therefore is much worse than a fixed drawdown as MFF ,) while myforexfunds 20K challenge has 2400 drawdown. So if you pass TST 50K challenge, you only get 2000 funds, while you pass MFF 20K challenge, you get 2400 funds. So if you only compare their DD, TSP 50K is worse than MFF 20K. But TPT 50K is much expensive than MFF 20K.
Also TPT 50K profit target is 3000, which means you need reach 150% profit target, while MFF 20K profit target is 1600, so you need to reach 67% profit target.So TST 50K challenge is much tougher to pass than MFF 20K.
So TST can call their challenge 50K, but in fact it is worse than 20K.
In fact my analysis indicate TST 100K challenge is worse than MFF 20K.

My analysis also show FTMO 25000 challenge is much worse than MFF 20000 challenge, all things considered:

1.FTMO 25K DD is 2500, MFF 20K DD is 2400, so, only from this respect, , FTMO 25K is a bit better than MFF 20K;
2. FTMO 25K price is 205% of MFF 20K price.
3. FTMO 25K profit target is 2500, while MFF 20K profit target is 1600. So for FTMO you need to make 100%, for MFF you need to make 67%.
4…MFF has an extension. That means for MFF you have 2 months to achieve 67%, while for FTMO you have 1 month to achieve 100%.

2 Likes

All the advice on funded accounts is much appreciated.
It looks like for MFF Evaluation, EAs are OK as long as no arbitrage or things most brokers would ban. They only need copy of EA for a different type of account that I don’t plan on getting.
MFF gives you choice of taking two months to complete challenge or infinite extensions so long as you are positive balance and no rules broken. This is at their discretion however.
The main advantages I see for FTMO is many more instruments, a demo, and 90% split.
The fact that many of you speak highly of both firms’ trading conditions is a big plus.
On MFF stats page, it says only 5 people have passed and continue to make payouts month after month. Aren’t 3 of those people are on this forum? The data on traders taking challenge on the stats page is really interesting.
As for news events this is excellent and appreciated advice. However, I am 100% Quant. My day job does not allow me much time to trade manually. Huge news often ends up affecting my programs, although sometimes it is positive. I get better at programming for news as the years go by, yet would prefer no huge shocks during my challenge.

Exactly this. Your risk of ruin in a personal account is 100% of your equity, in the prop account, the equity is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT, it is the max DD. Pick the firms where you get more bang for your buck (MFF, FTMO). More importantly, adjust your risk to account for risk of ruin, NOT EQUITY.

2 Likes

Never understood why people do these challenges personally…
You have to trade within their random rules. Never appealed to me. Pretty sure they are just strategy hunting, watching how people achieve the goals.
I’ll definitely be sticking to trading my own account.

1 Like