Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Yes, I’ve been using Coinexx MT4 and staying with standard forex instruments like USDJPY, I don’t actually know what other options there are as far as large lot liquidity providers that don’t freeze lately, unless we go with trading through aggregators

2 Likes

It is good to know if MT4 has not had the same issue. Are spreads as good with MT4 Coinexx as MT5 Coinexx?
I remember many years ago, they were not the same.

2 Likes

The first freeze I talked to chat guy, he said there was a technical issue and would be solved soon.
The second freeze I talked to the guy, and he said “give him a moment”, but did not came back, until the quote come back. I forgot to check mobile application.
I mean if MT5 on mobile is working, that will not be a big issue since I can exit position on mobile.

1 Like

has nothing to do with that

2 Likes

Freezing has mainly to do with technical errors, Ddos attacks etc. We should not forget no technology is fool proof. The important question is whether the broker stands up for its customers and reimburses if the customers face any losses due to some fault at broker’s end.

3 Likes

Normally means troll attempts and a ban for someone.

1 Like

do you use a trade copier or you trade on them separately?

1 Like

Very true, whenever my broker has been at fault they have rectified it. So true to assess each broker on their own merits rather than generally sweeping comments like reg ur unreg etc

1 Like

that might be a indicator or expert that you using causes the freeze.

Actions speak louder than saying you will act.

I no longer trade with any of those brokers, but I was using FxBlue’s personal trade copier at the time.

2 Likes

Who are you with now?

1 Like

cedarfx
prosperity4x

3 Likes

I Saw this on my email today and wondered why more brokers don’t do the same? They have access to your book. They can see who’s consistent and/or not reckless.

Anyone here have experience with this or something similar? I also think they could copy trades without any of us knowing about it. Maybe this is just a promo to pump deposits?

2 Likes

…and extremely probably can see all our MQL4 and MQL5 code. I would be astounded if brokers and Metaquotes did not have this ability.

This is just like FTMO and MyForexFunds. However, this is an actual broker doing it. Interesting. I just chatted with them. Since when does Osprey even accept US clients? He said there has never been a restriction. They are not on our list and nobody here has ever mentioned trading with them.

Tax season is coming. Anyone have anything good to say about any of the tax software available? (obviously not financial advice, just sharing experience) I am considering filing without an accountant this year. Considering HR Block or similar… I wonder if any particular provider does a better job than others when it comes to filing capital gains and similar.

They were mentioned here a couple of years back. That’s how I found them but I don’t know why they aren’t listed. Maybe something negative happened?

Search this thread for Osprey and you will get a bunch of hits. They use the same backend as Hugosway I believe.