Going offshore to escape the CFTC

METHOS,

I agree with everything you said in this post, especially the quoted portions above.

1 Like

To answer your question, Coinexx is the common denominator.

Are you recommending that we eliminate Coinexx from our List?

3 Likes

No, But With the information I posted above and the current reviews about them, I’m beginning to doubt them as a trusted broker.

That’s the one Trusted Broker I had not tried yet with a demo account. Thanks for saving me the trouble and potential losses.

There is no mention (yet) of this merger in either website (Prosperity or Envi).

Also, in our List, we show ProsperityFX as domiciled in SVG. However, their website indicates their domicile is in The Marshall Islands, and their offices are in Cyprus (see Note below).

I suspect that ProsperityFX is absorbing EnviFX, and the surviving company will be ProsperityFX, domiciled and located as above.

Note:
ProsperityFX is operated by Prosperity Tech Ltd, Company Number 118344, with registered address/agent at Trust Company Complex, Ajeltake Road, Ajeltake Island, Majuro, Republic of the Marshall Islands MH 96960. Further to the above, Prosperity Tech Ltd, main place of business is in Stavraetou 2, Office 3C, 2035, Cyprus.

ENVIFX is operated by EnviLLC, a broker of international CFDs trading securities. ENVI LLC is authorized by the MWALI International Services Authority (Comoros) with license number T2023238 as an international brokerage and clearing house, registered in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. EnviLLC is subject to supervision by the Securities Commission, registered with the Financial Services Authority in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines under registered number 706 – 2020, with registered address/agent at Suite 305, Griffith Corporate Centre, Beachomont, Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Further to the above, ENVI LLC’s main place of business is located in 1st April 125, Office 2B, 5480, Paralimni, Cyprus.

2 Likes

Speaking of “regulation” Binance, who sparked the downfall of political class biggest donor FTX, got their payback.

The US authorities have always wanted their prying eyes inside these exchanges and now they set a precedent.

2 Likes

When your doubts become a recommendation, let us know. Then, if the majority agree with you, Coinexx will be stripped of its Trusted Broker designation.

As we have said often, the Trusted Broker designation has to be earned. And a Trusted Broker must continue to deserve that designation, in order to retain it.

2 Likes

I will add Forex Chief to our List. A lot of the info we normally include in a broker listing will be blank, to be filled in as we dig it up. Your help in this task will be appreciated.

I will move the ProsperityFX listing from SVG to Marshall Islands, as this is what their website indicates. Regarding the merger of ProsperityFX with EnviFX, no change will be made to our List, until that merger is finalized and we know the name and location of the resulting company.

2 Likes

From @envi.fx on IG.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz19_lhx8UZ/?img_index=1

@envi_fx on X
(https://twitter.com/envi_fx/status/1727013866259759298)

And there’s this:
https://behindmlm.com/mlm-reviews/envi-fx-review-automated-capital-trading-financial-fraud/

4 Likes

Envi FX fails to provide company ownership and executive information on its website.

Envi FX’s website domain (“envifx.com”), was first registered in 2020. The private registration was last updated on July 23rd, 2022.

This is something all of our offshore brokers do

Considering how our regulators act and behave, I don’t blame them

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

4 Likes

They are just getting started

CFTC says access to US customers ‘is a privilege, not a right,’ in aggressive case against Binance that is only just getting started.

Excerpt:

CFTC says case against Changpeng Zhao and Binance is the beginning of an aggressive pursuit.

Commissioner Caroline D. Pham said the CFTC has no borders when it comes to prosecuting non-US entities.

The last couple of years have been tough for the crypto industry and its leading figures.

And it’s not likely there will be relief for the sector anytime soon. At least, that’s what policymakers are signaling.

Goldsmith added that the CFTC plans to continue its aggressive pursuit of crypto exchanges that violate trade laws.

The commissioner noted that there will be no tolerance for using VPNs, or any other actions that could circumvent KYC rules, including pop-up questions that merely ask users to attest that they aren’t based in the US.

In a separate statement, CFTC Commissioner Caroline D. Pham said the CFTC’s reach has no border. “It should be crystal clear that the CFTC will not stop in its pursuit of non-U.S. entities,” Pham said.

Going offshore to escape the CFTC - #13842 by Cryptosurf

2 Likes

Trying to figure this out.

Figure What Out?

Stomach turning is what it is.

2 Likes

So touch any US user and you’re under our jurisdiction, even if they use a VPN or some other method to hide where they’re from?

The effect will be same as what happen FX brokers. Complete ban on US residents.

1 Like

Concerning the question about whether this thread should be closed, the answer is: a dozen times over, HELL NO!!! This is a fabulous thread, one of the best on the internet. I’ve been reading it for over 10 years now, and it has helped me tremendously. I trade spot forex and crypto and have not yet felt the need to migrate to futures.

Also, does anyone know of a broker, recommended here, other than FxChoice, that requires less than $15 for margin to open a .01 volume bitcoin trade that has a reasonable bitcoin bid/ask spread?

Just tried to open an account with CedarFX, and they would not allow it since I am an American. What a shame since their bitcoin margin is only about $7.50. Chat also confirmed that Americans are now black listed from CedarFX, thanks again to the trader impoverishing efforts of “regulators.”

4 Likes

I have used CedarFX on and off for a while now with zero issues…sad to hear they are no longer accepting new U.S clients. Hoping they will continue to allow previous clients to continue to trade similar to FX Choice and TradersWay has done all these years. This is the reason I always open up accounts with brokers that currently allow us to trade regardless if I currently want to use them or not to hopefully grandfather me in well into the future in case our options continue to worsen in the coming months …years …

1 Like

Curious why everyone doesn’t seem to like Coinexx? Trustpilot has really strong reviews/score for them. I have a bot ( wrote myself MQL5 ) that I want to run ( can’t use it with prop firms as it executes too many trades for their rules ). Anyway, I need to run on MT5. Wondering what is now considered our best MT5 broker with the lowest spreads? Thanks!