Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Best I know is “London” probably… I just stay in Amsterdam
since 9.6 ms is acceptable; so long as Order round-trips in
MT4 are generally close to 250 msecs I’m happy. It’s consistency
of execution and commission that interest me more…

[EDIT] As you know, their MT4 server time is GMT+2 and
that’s also true of Dukascopy’s MT4 access. Dukas ping
time from Amsterdam is 19 milliseconds. But Dukascopy
does not service U.S. Persons.

hyperscalper

It’s time to purge Capital City Markets (Vanuatu) from our List.

For anyone not familiar with the problems we have had with this broker, here’s a quick timeline:

• Mar 6, 2017 – Tallinex sent emails to clients re: their withdrawal from the U.S. market, and the transfer of Tallinex accounts to Capital City Markets (CCM)

• Mar 6, 2017 – CCM was added to our Offshore Broker List

• Apr 7, 2017 – the first hint of “banking” problems at CCM – HyperScalper and NewGuyToForex posted that they received emails from CCM re: delays in the transfer of funds from Tallinex

• Oct 20, 2017 – SKnight’s first post re: deposit problems with CCM – email received saying “difficulties have arisen with the payment service provider that accepted your debit/credit card deposit on our behalf, and the funds have not been passed through to us.”

• Oct 29, 2017 – a WARNING was added to the CCM listing

• Mar 26, 2018 – new banking problems (this time problems with withdrawals) were reported by new poster “FinancialWorld”

• Jul 31, 2018 – “FinancialWorld” posted an update, detailing continuing withdrawal problems

• Jan 9, 2019 – ReddyFX posted that the CCM servers had been down for 3 days

• Jan 16, 2019 – ReddyFX posted that the servers are still down

In my opinion, enough is enough. We have been more than patient throughout these continuing problems.

Unless I hear protests to the contrary from members of this thread, I will delete Capital City Markets from our List by this coming weekend.

5 Likes

COINEXX ORDER PERFORMANCE

This is what I want to see. Speed and consistency.
These are Market Orders which are triggered by a
fast triggering system, and measure fills from start
of request to end of request, in milliseconds.

C:\Users\xxxxx\HyperScalper\apps\tt1\tt>cat ttbeta.log | grep -i elapse
[20190117-16:57:13.181(GMT)] Buy Market OrderOp elapsed: 171
[20190117-16:57:13.635(GMT)] OrderOp Cancel Order elapsed: 10
[20190117-16:58:42.739(GMT)] OrderOp Close Position elapsed: 168
[20190117-17:01:59.047(GMT)] Sell Market OrderOp elapsed: 188
[20190117-17:01:59.565(GMT)] OrderOp Cancel Order elapsed: 0
[20190117-17:04:13.535(GMT)] Sell Market OrderOp elapsed: 122
[20190117-17:16:25.047(GMT)] OrderOp Cancel All elapsed *: 2 (none to cancel)
[20190117-17:16:48.510(GMT)] Sell Market OrderOp elapsed: 241
[20190117-17:20:34.897(GMT)] Sell Market OrderOp elapsed: 164
[20190117-18:06:01.734(GMT)] Sell Market OrderOp elapsed: 212

hyperscalper

Are you guys ready to designate Coinexx as a Trusted Broker?

Coinexx was first brought to our attention by SmallPaul in June 2018, and it was addded to our List a few days later.

HERE on the LINKS page, you can review the original comments regarding Coinexx (from June 2018 forward) which were posted in this thread.

The Links page has not been updated for 3 months (since October 11), so the most recent comments regarding Coinexx do not appear on that page. My apologies for that.

It’s a chore to keep the Links page up to date, but I’ll attend to that chore as soon as I get a Round Tuit.

Back to Coinexx –

Your comments are requested – pro and con – regarding the Trusted Broker designation for Coinexx.

If major objections are not voiced over the next 3 days, I will add the Trusted Broker tick_circle designation to our Coinexx listing before Monday.

2 Likes

well i can say they pay withdrawals we did have one trader that had another issue other then that they been rock solid so i vote yes

EDIT: my only concern is they have no address no phone number and no bank details and only deal with cryptocurrency for deposits making them invisible and hard to track down if they decide to run off with traders money. the good part is we know they deal with turnkeyfx so we can always go after them

I love their 1) commissions, 2) execution reliability, 3) pricing
and also their support. [EDIT] Also inter-account instant transfer. [/EDIT]
I love their “blend” of account currencies both Fiat and Crypto.
I love 500:1 leverage and average <250 msecs execution with
no detectable slippage (although I do not “chase” pricing)…

I love the instant transfers in (may need to remind them to
credit to account) and out via Crypto… so… What’s not to love?
I love that they are non-intrusive with account setup and
maintenance. I’d upload a “Heart” icon but you get the idea !.. :rofl:

[EDIT2] I guess the answer to the question "What’s not to love?"
is that they do not transfer Fiat currencies, so no Wire transfers
and all those things we thought were necessary; and are blocked
by our Nanny State. By keeping account equities at only those levels
which are needed by trading, with 500:1 leverage, even worst case
loss of an account (unlikely to happen) would not be a disaster,
given the revenue generation capabilties of the accounts, especially
considering the super low commissions.

[EDIT] just created another MT4 account. Judging from the
sequential allocation of MT4 account ID’s 5,000 MT4 accounts have
been created with them since last I did one for myself. No KYC
was required, by the way; but could be the case with new accounts,
I don’t know… This presumably does not count the number of MT5
account ID’s they are likely creating, as newer traders probably want
MT5…

hyperscalper

i have read on a coninexx group on telegram they now ask you to upload documents for new account set ups i haven’t confirm that because i go in early

Well I think its safe to say Capital City markets Has bite the dust. Some of us have lost thousands. I don’t know if their is any recourse but we will check it out.

Coinexx is currently at the top of my list for unregulated brokers, based on my own needs and personal preferences. With that said, I do have a few cons to throw into the mix, for whatever they are worth:

1. Support was good at first, but I have recently had a few issues go unanswered with zero responses. Their chat support appears to be separate from their technical support, which could be the problem, as these issues were raised with them and supposed to be relayed.

2. The most recent bug that I reported a week ago still has not been addressed and the nature of the bug is somewhat disconcerting. If you look at U30USD on demo account, on the 1-minute time frame, you will see what I am talking about. Maybe someone that is more knowledgeable can explain how it could be happening since demo is supposed to mirror live and what I am seeing raises some potentially troubling questions.

Yes for the comm, execution reliability n spreads they offer and for how they handled ex-finpro clients with TLC . And i transfer funds in/out pretty often and there hasnt been any issues so far.

yes it is. they usually raise a ticket to their tech support for issues that cannot be solved on chat & then either my poc or their support team replies. Never had a situation where it was unanswered but did experience slight delay in the beginning.

@Clint yes i think we should have them as a trusted broker !

COINEXX METHOD OF DEALING WITH “FIAT” CURRENCY

I am not smart enough to understand this, so I am inviting you
Crypto geniuses to explain it in a couple of paragraphs for all
of us. No sarcasm intended; I really would like to understand
this, and whether it is a truly unique approach.

I am attracted to the “fiat” currency denominated accounts, but
always wondered how they might be doing that… and at the
same time, perhaps not literally holding the “fiat” currency itself…

This seems like an approach other brokers should emulate?..

hyperscalper

Demo feeds are often simulated. Most brokers I’ve worked with do not guarantee demo to match live. Demo accounts are great for functional testing (pip sizes, order types, etc.). On the other hand, I wouldn’t expect price data to match. Better to use live with minimal lot size…

1 Like

I read about this also months back and found it very interesting. Good stuff! From what I gather, no fiat ever changes hands. If you want EUR/USD, they provide EUR/BTC * BTC/USD . This amounts to the same thing. How they protect against volatility when holding fiat accounts is another question altogether and I haven’t seen this question addressed. Maybe they use some kind of tether on the Stellar network or similar, but now I am just speculating.

It’s time to remove Evolve Markets (SVG) from our List.

Beginning in September 2018, Evolve stopped accepting new U.S. clients, making that broker ineligible to be on our List.

We have patiently waited for Evolve to settle their issues with the Nanny State – but, no such luck.
As of today, Evolve Markets still excludes U.S. residents.

If you attempt to open a new account (from a U.S. IP address) you will be redirected to this screen:

Over the weekend, when I’ll be doing a major update of our List, I will remove Evolve Markets from Group 1. Between now and then, if anyone has valid reasons for not removing them, then now is the time to speak up.

1 Like

Maybe just wait a while on Evolve.Markets status.

I understand the reasoning here, but my vote would be to wait a few
more weeks. We know that using “defensive disclaimers” based on
U.S. geo-location are largely window dressing, and CFTC is largely basing
attacks on “public solicitation” of U.S. clients by the brokerages…

By taking the stance that “US customers” are excluded through
public web pages, thus mitigating the easy charge of public
solicitation of U.S. persons, a broker removes itself as an object
of attack by our Nanny State. That broker
can decide to accept excluded categories based on "non public"
i.e. private negotiations with the brokerage, based more on
the business case, etc…

[EDIT] if we excluded any broker making a public statement
to defend its business, making it clear that it is not “actively
soliciting” U.S. persons, as a prima facie defense against
enforcement action by CFTC et. al., then we
might end up with no brokers at all…? just sayin’…

It all comes down to “solicitation of U.S. persons” and
not whether a broker accepts a U.S. account opening request
through a private application, I think.

hyperscalper

Hi. Thanks for responding.

Based on my limited understanding, so please correct me if I am wrong, the demo should be a direct, read-only feed of the live trading. Any more sophistication than that seems unnecessary to me. For a broker to say that they do not guarantee that the demo price action will exactly match the live leaves me to assume that the meaning behind that statement has more to do with the subtle delays that may occur in an effort to transmit data that has already occurred.

Presumably, the feed for each trading pair would be achieved through some cookie-cutter programming, so seeing a single pair behaving this way while also considering the nature of the issue, begs to question what is being done to cause this issue while also leaving to question why something so seemingly easy to fix has not been addressed yet.

I hope that it is clear to anyone that may be reading this that my intention is not to bash on Coinexx, as they are currently my top choice, but only to bring these matters to discussion for the sake of transparency and so that we can all benefit from the knowledge that is shared. I would not want to simply disregard any issue even if I personally felt that it was trivial due to the fact that there may be many things going on behind the scenes that I just do not understand or that I am aware of.

Presumably, in a similar manner to how some crypto exchanges can offer margin trading for products that are ‘pegged’ to real currencies (see Bitmex, as an example), in the form of CFD’s, where you are not actually trading the underlying asset. Even more easily achieved by a broker because they could claim that they are not actually holding anything, but merely serving as a go-between. This, all, assuming that I am understanding you correctly.

The troubling part of the article is the presumption that conducting business in this manner will allow them to operate as a self-regulated entity while also satisfying all regulatory requirements and compliances. Even if that were true to the jurisdiction in which they operate, we all know how the long-arm reach of US regulatory bodies can sometimes know no bounds. We also know that simply passing legislation that defines anything as something else is all that would be needed to justify their claims that you are breaking their laws in an effort to satisfy any Memorandum agreements. That does not even touch surface to the probable lobbying that is going on, taking the shape of legal bribery, but I am getting off-topic.

The concept is not new, based on my very limited understanding. I am certainly not smart enough to understand it, but I think that is by design.

Well, I don’t use Demo accounts at all. So if this is discussing Coinexx
I can’t say what Demo pricing would be relative to Live. But Demo
is a lower priority than Live, and so most brokerages will throttle,
limit or generally not care as much about Demo system performance.

Almost all Demo accounts are poor representations of the real thing.
Again, I can’t say with Coinexx.

As to guaranteeing fills… well we’ve all seen EA’s which show micro
scalping wins and a rising equity curve. That is all deception. Live
fills are the only ones to trust; and they don’t work that way. We
Buy the Offer, and Sell the Bid as retail traders; so impossible to
make the spread. But a demo account might give you the spread,
and thus be wildly incorrect.

hyperscalper

to late they been busted taking U.S. traders there is no putting up a disclaimer then taking U.S. traders again also im pretty sure the deal they work out with the U.S. regulators is to not take U.S. citizens again

they been busted taking U.S. traders there is no putting up a disclaimer then taking U.S. traders again also im pretty sure the deal they work out with the U.S. regulators is to not take U.S. citizens again