Going offshore to escape the CFTC

As a programmer, I would think your description would be the easiest way to do it. In practice, I have seen demo feeds that are way off and seen this on many different brokers. Your mileage will vary. I am not talking about Coinexx in particular. I haven’t examined their demo feed in depth. They might be better than most, but I wouldn’t expect it to be the same. It cannot be. Even if they are very close, as Hyperscalper said, execution will differ.
Demo is a Sandbox, to use IT lingo. For serious Staging Environment, minimum risk on live feed is the way to go IMO.

1 Like

Could you post some links to that, please?

hyperscalper

lol dude they going thru the same thing tallinex went thru, they won’t be accepting U.S. clients again.

once they start blocking IP addresses they pretty much saying we want nothing to do with U.S. traders and the U.S. regulators

Disclaimer: My personal opinion

EVOLVE.MARKETS MT4 VERSUS FORCING MT5

One of my problems with Evolve.Markets is that all
new Accounts are forced to use MT5. This probably
seems like “a good thing” to many traders; but this is
very bad for me. [EDIT] Since I use “pools” of terminal
instances, and MT5 takes multiples additional RAM
of MT4 I can easily get memory exhaustion with MT5…
[EDIT2] In fact, I expect that those “free VPS” systems
being offered could easily not provide enough memory
for even 1 or 2 instances of MT5 running… Very bad usage
of RAM in MT5… Most cheap VPS systems have limited RAM.

What I appreciate with Coinexx is that they freely support
both MT4 and MT5 by contrast. [EDIT] I need at least a 16gb
system, and preferably 24 or 32gb for my systems… :roll_eyes:

hyperscalper

TURNKEY FOREX SUPPORT RESPONSIVE ON PERFORMANCE

As you can see, their Support responded to my performance issue
and now we see round trip Market Orders in what is an
acceptable range for me, averaging <250 msecs ideally…

[20190118-14:35:48.631(GMT)] SlaveCloseOrderTask OrderOp elapsed acct: xxxx0010 msecs: 249
[20190118-14:41:17.941(GMT)] SlaveCloseOrderTask OrderOp elapsed acct: xxxx0010 msecs: 272
[20190118-14:52:08.715(GMT)] SlaveCloseOrderTask OrderOp elapsed acct: xxxx0010 msecs: 189
[20190118-15:19:37.335(GMT)] SlaveCloseOrderTask OrderOp elapsed acct: xxxx0010 msecs: 231

hyperscalper

Hello, HS

This is like dé·jà vu all over again (as Yogi Berra famously said).

Back in September, I SUGGESTED removing Evolve Markets from our List.

You REPLIED that “they may respond with a jurisdiction or other alteration in business model, so we should give them some time to do so…”

Now we seem to be having the same conversation all over again.

I’m calling for the rest of our members to weigh in here.

What do the rest of you think?

Do we remove Evolve Markets, or continue to list them with the existing NOTE?

If a broker explicitly states that they do not accept US citizens, then we should list them accordingly.

It is true that we are running low on brokers and for anyone that makes their living or plans to make their living trading, it’s getting concerning to say the least.
Still, my thinking is that the broker should have a say. We should honor their stated position.
I’m very gung ho on the whole free will concept. :smiley:

1 Like

Unless someone can show that it is possible to create a new account with them as a US resident, then I would suggest removing them from the list. If things change at a later time, then they can be re-added to the list easily enough.

Since we are trimming down, below are a few more brokers that supposedly accept US clients. These may have already been mentioned here. I have not looked into them myself, but only saw them mentioned on youtube, so I cannot attest to the quality or reliability of their services etc.:

https://grandcapital.net
https://paxforex.com
https://www.aafxtrading.com

1 Like

I say remove them as they are of no use anymore.

1 Like

Granted, but i was speaking about FX, not crypto.

if you have to go thru the back door / VPN to open account with evolve i say take them off the list they also say We appreciate your interest in our services, unfortunately we are unable to serve US customers at this time. so no need to keep them on the list

Should we add Hugosway (Seychelles) to our List?

Hugosway accepts U.S. clients, so technically Hugosway belongs on our List, regardless of any other considerations. However, I’m aware that some folks on this thread really don’t like Hugosway, for various reasons.

So, in this case, I’m submitting a prospective broker to a vote.

I will abide by your wishes regarding Hugosway, so cast your votes now. You may comment as many times as you feel like doing, but I’ll count only one vote per person.

For those who want to refresh their memories regarding the comments made previously in this thread, I have compiled the following LINKS to 40 posts in which Hugosway was discussed. I’ve simply numbered those links from #1 to #40. They are in chronological order, beginning with the first post in which Hugosway was suggested for our List.

Click the links, to read previous comments about Hugosway.

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20,

#21, #22, #23, #24, #25, #26, #27, #28, #29, #30, #31, #32, #33, #34, #35, #36, #37, #38, #39, #40

i don’t trade with Hugosway but there are brokers on the list that have worst reputation then Hugosway so i say why not until it’s proven they are a fraud

I would say Dont add hugosway because there is a very good chance that they are going the same direction as CCM guys. They were taking fund in BoA account and are run by the same guys as JAFX. Both of these tell me that they are probably not even worth a try. I tried to open an account and spoke with one of their supervisor and I can tell by experience that they are probably just running a 100% B-Book model. I have no facts to back my opinion about B-Book but for both other points that I mentioned above, we have enough proof of it.

With respect to Evolve markets, I totally agree with @HyperScalper . They still accept US clients, just that they have done some window dressing and are not soliciting in the US.

For any trader like myself, its a no-brainer to open an account using a VPS. They dont actively block you or track weather you are operating from US or not. Just that to open an account you need to have a “non-US” IP address and that can be very well done via a VPS. We have never heard of any deposit or withdrawal issues about them, they are a neat broker.

I dont see why Coinexx should not (or in future, will not) do that as well. However I’m happy that there is no such disclaimer on Coinexx but even if they put that disclaimer, I will still continue to trade with them. In a way coinexx also says on their website “This website is not directed at any jurisdiction and is not intended for any use that would be contrary to local law or regulation.” And I still trade with them without any issue.

2 Likes

I hope I dont end up inviting all the spam kids back to this thread by posting anything negative about Hugosway ;-), although I feel hyper-activity evolved as soon as that name came up again.

open discussion is what this forum is about

i believe this what coinexx is doing with there own twist, scroll down to see some examples

Regarding Hugo’s Way, I think that they should be added to the list. Personally, I think that all brokers that accept US clients should be added to the list until they no longer accept US clients and/or prove to be bad brokers. Any brokers that earn their way onto the trusted list should be added to that list until voted off, similarly to what you are already doing. I may not agree with how Hugo’s Way conducts business, but I do not think that that is any reason not to add them.

2 Likes

I’m not saying that individual traders shouldn’t use their Evolve accounts.

Evolve Markets has publicly stated that they do not accept US clients. We are considering throwing up a billboard that says, oh yes they do!

Plus, it gives this forum more gravitas if we do our best to stick to the rules.

There are other brokers that you can sign up with using VPS despite their TOS. But it’s more of a hack than the broker welcoming US clients.

We are all in the same boat here and I am OK with however the vote goes. I do think listing brokers against their stated policy is a bad move for this forum, though.

2 Likes