Going offshore to escape the CFTC

This thread will reach its 9th anniversary in a couple of days, and I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who have contributed to our efforts here.

You have been instrumental in finding and vetting offshore brokers who will work with us, and in grappling with the money-transfer problems associated with offshore accounts.

This thread began with a rant against the CFTC. We learned early on that we can’t battle the CFTC directly, but we can work around them. And, to the extent that we’ve been successful in that work-around, you guys get the credit. And I thank you!

Our success over the past 9 years is reflected in our metrics. Our thread has grown to over 7,000 posts. And just this past weekend, the number of visits to our thread exceeded 1,500,000 for the first time.

Kudos, to all of you who helped to make this happen.

7 Likes

Thank you very much Clint for your patience and persistence .
you guys have done a great job

have a good one, TJ

I’m pretty sure ESMA was a major boost for this thread too.

I do worry that every time a successful US trader files IRS forms TD F 90-22.1 & 8938 they’re basically outing the offshore brokers working with us.

I spoke about this in a previous post. Not entirely sure about the accuracy of my statements, but it might be worth discussing.

cryptorocket update:

i will be moving more money their way, their spreads are on par with tradersway if not better at times commission not a major factor in my trading, withdrawals are same day in most cases but can take 24hrs.

any funny business i keep the forum posted.

once again here’s my most trusted broker list base on account size and at least 25 withdrawals

fxchoice
coinexx
lqdfx
tradersway

working on adding cryptorocket to my list very soon

EDIT: LMFX is also a trusted broker and they pay withdrawals but their deposits and withdrawals for U.S. traders are horrible. ECHECK and Wire Transfer both can take upto 15 days to get your money

3 Likes

I never use bitcoin for transfers anymore because of the risk of major price slippage due to the pending transaction issues @ times with BTC. It’s also much slower than other major crypto currencies (LTC, ETH, XRP). Due to volatility, hours waiting can be an eternity in BTC.

Have you had any issues with huge slippage with cryptorocket in the time between when they send the transfer to when it actually hit your wallet?

1 Like

no major issue but some broker get a bad exchange rate and that can also be a problem. if taking out 700 and i get 683 that’s not good. i use coinbase pro so the fee is low

EDIT: i must say all of my withdrawal was less then 1 hour with cryptorocket but can be 24hrs they also told me the more i withdraw i might receive a phone call to confirm the withdrawal witch is good

Hey guys I’ve got a question about our favorite off-shore brokers and their platform offerings. My manual trading efforts have taken me into “non-standard” time-frame territory. MT5 happens to offer many more standard time-frames than MT4. In the past I have used a really great MT4 period converter to generate offline charts in the time-frame I wanted, but the tick data isn’t compatible with many of my trade mgmt. EA’s. So now I’m looking at MT5, the platform MetaQuotes has been begging the community for a millennia to adopt. It appears not very many of our chosen brokers offer MT5. What is everybody’s opinion on this? Will more brokers eventually offer MT5? Am I unwise in attempting to migrate my trading to MT5 or should I continue to look for a solution with MT4?

Here’s a list of brokers available to the U.S. I came across. I don’t know how much of it is accurate, but it does have a lot of the ones we are familiar with and offers a quick look at their platform offerings.

I would appreciate some opinions. Thanks!

Many brokers also offer or prefer MT5. Several new brokers debut as MT4 only, which surprised me. MT4 is apparently not going away, since demand is still strong. I think both platforms will be around for some time. You could use either, or perhaps most prudently, use both or several. From my experience, don’t ever rely on a single piece of infrastructure (single point of failure). Write easily portable code. Much is beyond our control as individual traders. We must be ready to adapt to rapidly changing conditions.

1 Like

Something else that is a little strange is that I am seeing slightly different prices between MT4 and MT5 on Coinexx. That doesn’t make me feel very good. I asked customer service and they said they’d get right on it. Then they come back and say it’s fixed… WTF? Does it get “out of whack” occasionally requiring a customer to tell them to calibrate their quote streams? I’m looking at charts now and they aren’t exact. It isn’t a major discrepancy but why?

I would be surprised if these two systems, with different backends, and possibly even a slightly different set of liquidity providers; show some pricing differences. It would acually be weird if they were identical ! In general, Forex is a decentralized affair.

hyperscalper

1 Like

CORRECTION AND RETRACTION CRYPTOBO

Mea Culpa I think I was incorrect there, as I misinterpreted
the rules on CryptoBO. CryptoBO operates in some ways similar
to Nadex where contracts can be acquired during a "trading interval"
and then there is a "lock interval* which runs into expiration. I
think I suggested it was a “scam” due to the hold interval,
which I thought was incorrect; IT IS CORRECT, AND
OUTCOMES APPEAR FAIR.

A CryptoBO 5 minute binary, for example, would tend to operate on
integral 5 minute boundaries, so the closer you are to the
"lock" and expiration period, obviously the shorter the hold time
can be, depending on your entry time … I was incorrect on how it works.

CloseOption, on the other hand, does start the timer at the
moment you enter the deal; and then you get the fixed
hold time calculated from that starting moment. That determines
the binary strike price.

So the rules for these 2 binary options games, are different;
which would require different strategies. Sorry for any
misinformation
so I’d say CryptoBO is viable, and it does have
the advantage that, although Forex does not run over the
weekend, Cryptos do run, and are available for weekend
trading
on CryptoBO… :):rofl:

hyperscalper

yes i understand, most offshore brokers use a mail drop / virtual office it is a service that companies offer to offshore companies this is why you see multiple companies using the same address.

all i can tell you is my personal experience and i have no problem using them at the moment and i get all my withdrawals within 2hrs, there was one that took 12hrs,other then that execution is good and spreads are nice and no shady business, but this is a very new broker and like you im still :worried:

a little info on cryptorocket, click on both links

https://www.coinspeaker.com/cryptorocket-fx-traders/

1 Like

the more i hear from you the more i wanna leave this broker, lol joking aside hey go with your heart im not 100% committed at this time either but i felt the same way about coinexx now coinexx has become a trusted broker, i just like the withdrawal process, i might add lqdfx has quick withdrawals also and they are on my personal trusted broker list.

EDIT: i did a withdrawal on saturday it took 40min and the money was in my coinbase account, that was a big surprise for me, they told me that’s one of their selling point, so im sold atm

I have deleted my previous posts from yesterday, because I think I was wrong about it_ my bad . it was my first crude reaction after knowing that there are several other real/unreal brokers already existing on the same very address. I have kinda figured it out for myself. this broker thing sucks in so much time and energy, it’s ridiculous. anyways, at this point, I think cryptorocket is good solid broker. in future , they may even buy out coinexx or vice versa , who knows…a very important thing is SmallPaul’s feedback about them.

1 Like

hi, does anybody use coinbase pro here. I’m trying to add debit card on it. I don’t see any tab for adding debit card on pro.coinbase.com . I have added one debit card successfully on coinbase.com but the limit is so midget ( 750.00 a week ) . can it be increased ? can we keep money ( USD ) in coinbase account just like we do in the banks ( online banking ). I want to increase my deposit limit using debit card. in pro.coinbase.com I don’t see the option of deposit using debit card on pro.coinbase. any help will be appreciated. have a good one. T

edit does anybody use coinmama here ? I heard they put your deposit request on hold for couple of hrs or days ( through debit card )

you can’t, only ACH and Wire Transfer on coinebase pro, and on coinbase you can’t deposit but only buy with debit card witch they charge you a 3.99% fee

EDIT: I use coinmana in the past the fee with my bank fee was just to much for me but i always got my coins within 1hr

oh I see. is there any other trust-worthy exchange that could be used to fund the account…coinmama was expensive, noted.

thank you

ps I think I am going to use coinmama

if you want to buy more you would have to do a wire transfer

yes. I believe so. one time I try coinmama, let’s see