Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I thought IC Markets were regulated?

3 Likes

It is regulated. He said he is from the United Kingdom, hence he can open an account.

2 Likes

if anyone else has FXChoice could you check your accounts to see if they are freezing again? This happened last week, FXChoice said it was “server” issues, today they said “try uninstalling and re-installing MT4” but it’s freezing on my phone too.

This is 100% unacceptable and really, really stinks.

Dear FXChoice clients and greenflash808,

We are sincerely sorry for the technical glitches some of you have faced recently. The situation is under control and the glitches have been ironed out.

If you feel that your trades have been affected by the glitches, please submit a trade dispute and we’ll carefully investigate your claim.

Best wishes,
FXChoice

3 Likes

Weird… why did you have a 10K max loss & 10K profit target on a 50K challenge account?

I am doing the 50K Aggressive. My strategy sometimes has some draw-down and needed the added buffer.

2 Likes

ahh ok, good luck and keep us updated.

2 Likes

FX Choice just send me an email, once again a very professional broker :love_you_gesture:

james

Some of our clients experienced server issues on Pro accounts briefly between 23 July and 3 August. We would like to assure you that we have gotten to the bottom of the problem. The situation is under control, and the glitches have been ironed out.

We sincerely apologise and are here to help you work out any issues this may have caused on your accounts.

If you feel that your trades were affected on those dates, feel free to contact us. We will investigate and get back to you.

As is our longstanding policy, disputes are resolved in the favour of the client whenever proven to be caused by an issue on our side.

Best regards,
The FXChoice Team

2 Likes

just went to FPA home page and they now giving out a list of Popular brokers accepting US traders and Dukascopy is on that list

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/?cpid=807365503&adgr=45464311647&kwd=forexpeacearmy&gclid=CjwKCAjwk4vMBRAgEiwA4ftLs7_jOh8GEZn0JVaCRZhkiuNG_uJ7uIqdlaRXqOmWDH3kERYgNCqj_hoCuoIQAvD_BwE

1 Like

Unfortunately, this appears to be a mistake. Dukascopy Support just informed me that they cannot accept US Clients.

2 Likes

thanks for checking into it. :+1:

1 Like

LOL. I’m the one who got affected by both those things and I didn’t get a letter. Oh well.

1 Like

But just to say my point, I still think FXChoice is a good offshore broker choice, just maybe not for me and my daytrading. If I was on the daily charts, I wouldn’t have even noticed the freezes. They are definitely still on my list and I’ll revisit them down the road when I start swing trading again.

1 Like

my account is stail at fxchoice but i still get their emails. i like higher leverage and lower stop out level so they pro account don’t fit the way i trade and their classic account spreads are to high for the pairs i like to trade, other than that they are rock solid as a broker

1 Like

Hi greenflash808, we are indeed very sorry to hear that you were affected by the server issues. The root problem behind Pro accounts connectivity is now resolved, and we’re here to help you work out any issues it caused on your accounts.

You can contact us about them at [email protected] or online at myfxchoice.com if you wish (please provide as many details as you can, including account and trade numbers).

Yesterday’s email update on Pro accounts was indeed meant for all of our clients, but in some cases, emails get blocked by spam filters; or you might have previously unsubscribed from our emails. In which case, please be aware that all of our clients are always welcome to contact us at the details above.

1 Like

Not sure what I am looking at there tbh

6 Likes

Dukascopy was on FPA homepage as Popular brokers accepting US traders

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/

2 Likes

if you do a Dukascopy search in this thread, this has actually been discussed before - post #11 or so - they don’t outright say no US clients, but they haven’t accepted them for a while now

2 Likes

The FXChoice server issues just logged out two of my MT4 terminals. I had to log back in. FXChoice sent me an email offering to correct any issues caused. All good.

If Dukascopy ever accepts US clients again, I will definitely sign up. They were solid back in the day.

1 Like

did it just happen again or are you talking about the previous times?