Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Here is their New York location…

https://www.apartments.com/99-wall-st-new-york-ny/wvg3p4h/

Which, It doesn’t matter to me, I’ve been with TradersWay since 2014 and they use some drop box in Dominica. Matter of fact, Eagle FX has the same exact address. I’ve asked both companies through chat and both say they have never heard of the other… Let me trade and be able to withdrawal, all good with me.

Just funny how they present it on their website as global head offices.

1 Like

wasn’t the downfall of JAFX tied to them having a US-based office? Seems if an offshore broker has ANY kind of office or mailbox or anything on US soil the goons will come for their kneecaps

1 Like

yes,i would stay clear of any offshore broker that accept u.s. clients and claim to have a U.S. office, that is a easy target by the regulators

it’s one thing to have the same drop box in the same country and another thing to open up a real estate magazine and claim that’s your U.S. office unless the owner of the company lives there

EDIT: Either way i’m satisfied with my current brokers and not looking for another at this time

I signed up for an account with this broker a couple of days ago and they just sent me this email.

1 Like

Anyone know of or have an opinion about this broker? They take crypto and the US is not on their restricted list. I couldn’t find any information about them, so thought I’d check with you guys.

2 Likes

U.S. plans cryptocurrency crackdown

3 Likes

It begs the long-standing question as to whether or not this kind of regulation can really be effective in this day and age. And if so, for whom does it really benefit?

Hsu testified before congress, making reference to the 2008 financial crisis. Regulation did not stop that from happening. Corruption and lack of oversight exists everywhere.

The circumstances that we face today are all happening on a global stage, where compliance cannot be guaranteed and any efforts to reign in foreign interests is likely going to come with a heavy price tag, of which, is likely going to be paid for by hard-working Americans that will benefit the least.

I believe that part of the problem is the use of this fear-led, blanket regulation, that is oftentimes, accompanied with severe, conflicts of interest and lack of oversight. Instead, I believe that careful and thoughtful consideration should be given regarding what types of regulations to impose, what purposes they really serve and who they really benefit. Then, assign oversight groups for oversight groups etc., to ensure that everything is above board and transparent. Make sure that regulation serves a very specific purpose and is not ambiguous and all-inclusive in nature, and most importantly, that it truly benefits the common people.

As with most politics, legislative efforts and regulation etc., the interests of the common people are often not given priority as they should be. Most politicians cannot even relate to the needs and problems that the average American faces, yet, they are entrusted to always have our best interests in mind.

4 Likes

At the end of the day, I use crypto for my trading nearly everyday. And as far as I know, I’m not a terrorist or drug dealer. I would happily volunteer for regulation as long as it’s not OVER regulation. I see it like flying on commercial flights after 9/11. There was a TON of oversight and regulation, and people still have to take off their shoes to board a plane to this day.

But along came some great minds who created things like Clear, where you can pre-register for flights, let everyone know you’re not a terrorist (I guess there are ways to prove that?), and not have to wait in long lines and take off your shoes.

I would welcome something like that in the crypto world. I could “pre-screen” myself for legal crypto transactions, pay my fair share of taxes to build bridges and warplanes (unfortunately) and be on my merry way.

2 Likes

Bottom line the U.S. wants to regulate / oversee everything that deals with CURRENCY.

1 Like

I just love how it’s all “bitcoin is used by bad people who do bad things so we must protect you!” in the news, when everyone knows it’s just “we want more of your money!”

2 Likes

our goverment: we need these heavy regulations to stop sponsor terrorism

i would like our goverment to give us a list of all the terrorist acts they stop with these regulation

As with most things, this is all about control; be it money, data, power et al…

Having a truly autonomous, anonymous global currency is a very scary prospect for any government, large or small, because it brings with it a great lack of control, which all governments need in order to survive. Control for government is like oxygen for humans. Without control, government becomes moot and meaningless. The very nature, purpose and meaning of government is to control and regulate. Cryptocurrency rejects that dogma and is completely contradicting to what governments need and want.

As such, it is not at all surprising that most governments will fight so desperately against it and/or work so hard to reshape its nature and purpose etc… After all, if they cannot stop it, then they must try everything possible to control it. Profiting from it is just a given.

1 Like

Prosperityfx and Eaglefx :+1:

Turnkeyfx Withdrawal…download.jpeg …still waiting…

2 Likes

Prosperityfx and Eaglefx 15 min approve and 20min to a few hours for confirmation on the blockchain, all jokes aside i hope you get your money keep us inform

1 Like

My 2 cents… Cryptocurrency works better as money than any predecessor.
Satoshi’s original white paper clearly outlines the purpose, which is to eliminate intermediaries. (Anonymity was mentioned once as a possibility, an aside. Clearly not original main purpose)
The gov should provide a state backed cryptocurrency that does a better job than any other.
This ensures ability to print money.
They should crack down on human traffickers and terrorists while giving law abiding citizens freedom to keep their own money and invest as they choose.
Fast transactions pose challenges. Figure it out.
Banks will still be needed for loans and other services, but their role will change with the times.
Be smart. Allow freedom. Innovate. The best and brightest will want to participate.
This is the way forward. One cannot stop the tide.

1 Like

Withdrawal recieved :+1:

1 Like

good to hear but i’m still not convince on turnkeyforex

1 Like

Yeah me too. I’m moving my coins to Prosperityfx or Eaglefx :+1:

3 Likes