Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Could be in these trades a while yet but will do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another example of how Bitcoin isnt “anonymous” as many seem to think. Once it’s on the blockchain, then its open for the world to see.

Colonial Hackers Led the FBI Down a Hot Wallet Trail to Bitcoin Ransom - Bloomberg

For the Federal Bureau of Investigation — which advocates against paying ransom — [this first transaction marked the start of a digital car chase]. Agents at the FBI’s Cyber Crimes Squad in San Francisco knew something that it seems many people forget: Every Bitcoin transaction is traceable. They’re recorded in a public distributed ledger. Using readily available tools, anyone can trace the comings and goings for any given crypto address.

The FBI did just that, deploying a blockchain explorer — think of it as a crypto search engine — to, quite literally, follow the money.

2 Likes

Obfuscation is possible, which leads me to question their level of sophistication. The biggest weak points are going to be where exchanges occur between fiat and crypto, as most methods may pierce the veil of anonymity, or, eventually lead you to the real source.

Below is an interesting article, relating to this topic. To be fair, there is a valid argument concerning anonymity, even for innocent people that want to follow the law.

1 Like

They were able to get the private keys… so either they hacked the hackers (done before by FBI) or they obtained a warrant for the private wallet/exchange that held the keys on a server and not local.

Want to stay anonymous… Your crypto wallet is private w/ locally stored keys and is off the internet… use intermediary private wallets with locally stored keys between original source and destination… never reuse wallet addresses on transactions… use private coin like Moreno somewhere in the chain to wash transactions.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s getting nearly impossible to do these days as US exchanges are requiring full KYC to play.

Interesting tidbit on how they were able to nab the wallet via FBI Seizes Bitcoin From Colonial Pipeline Hack - Bitcoin Magazine: Bitcoin News, Articles, Charts, and Guides

According to a tweet from Blockstream CEO Adam Back, the FBI obtained a subpoena granting access to a rented cloud server used by the hackers, which allowed it to seize the bitcoin.

1 Like

Found another prop firm to research:

Just started my own research, never heard of them before - my only comparisons are to FTMO which I’m still looking into

They are based in London
Lux has a 65%-35% split (FTMO is 70-30)
This one has a 4% max drawdown which is quite tiny - FTMO is 10% I think?
They only use one broker - Tier1FX - so you get what you get with that
They have a max account size of $2,500,000 - I think FTMO is unlimited?
You can eventually trade for a $10,000,000 hedge fun which might be fun one day
They do an interesting thing where every time you hit 10% profit on your account, they double the account size (to max $2,500,000)

Just sniffing around at them right now. Thought I’d throw them to the wolves in here to see what everyone thinks

1 Like

There’s a great resource on Facebook, called “Forex Prop Firms”

Has a great culmination of the latest and greatest on these various firms.

1 Like

Bingo, i have a cold storage wallet i can have my offshore broker send my crytpos there but at some point i’m gonna need fiat currency, that’s where coinbase and gemini comes into play witch is KYC, and from that point they send my fiat to my bank account making that whole process traceable

it’s all about finding the end user and the bigger the amount the bigger the eyes

If you’re interested in the Prop firm space you should check out Funding Talent’s Challenge Model (https://fundingtalent.com/rules). They have been around for quite some time and have a good reputation with reported profit payouts from other traders online.

They match FTMO across the board plus beat them in the following areas… 8% challenge + 4% verification targets vs. 10% + 5% with FTMO… 80% profit payout vs 70% with FTMO… weekend, overnight and news release trading allowed vs. not allowed with FTMO… Bi-weekly payouts vs monthly with FTMO…+25% growth every 3 months the last 2/3 months were positive vs. +25% every 4 months the last 2/4 months were positive with FTMO.

2 Likes

I’m trading with 3 prop firms. All offer the same model as FTMO…pass a challenge, verification, get funded. Lux and others like it use marketing gimmicks with the double the account every stage.
The key to look at when evaluating is the initial fee vs. the DD. If the fee is greater than or equal to the DD offered, that money will perform better in your personal account. Reason being is your risk per trade with the prop must be based on the allowable DD, not the actual account equity. Therefore, in the above scenario, you will be trading same size or smaller with the prop, so the personal account will grow quicker and you are not giving up 50%, 40% etc…

2 Likes

MyForexFunds is one of the other I am doing eval with now, they are also 8% target with 12% DD and an 85% split after 3rd month so 75/80/85

1 Like

i will be putting some money with Cedarfx to avoid commission that Eaglefx have, by the way did they call you to verify your phone number?, they did me

1 Like

by the way, anecdotally, do you guys know which of these brokers has the lowest spread on indices? I’ve tried to find one with less than 5 cents spreads on crude oil, but that’s unlikely, indices spread probably lower

Turnkeyfx & Coinexx has the lowest spread and commissions on indices and forex pairs.

1 Like

No, I had a text. Was a while ago though so maybe they have changed their verification procedure.

1 Like

Trading interview with CEO of Global Prime Broker

1 Like

Coinexx Deposit & Withdrawal really gives me a pain, if they want customers to do business with them they need to give customers a better experience and they need to get better with their deposit system and especially their withdrawals. When I make a deposit or withdraw I have to contact them to let them know i deposited or did a withdrawal request otherwise you’ll wait a long time.

2 Likes

i guess i got lucky they process my last withdrawal in 45mins, haven’t had money with them for a long time until about a week or so go and currently have no money with them and not planning on to

2 Likes

Hi,TraderO,
What is your withdrawal problem?
How long it took you to wait?

1 Like

Thought Turnkeyfx had same day withdrawals?

1 Like