Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I Don’t know that to be fact i was searching and can’t find nothing on that

Legally that would make sense, otherwise US/UK/EU/Can regulatory agencies would be all over them.

The way i look at it…

Brokers or their LPs… B book (trading against clients) = 95% that lose money, A book (direct to market) = 5% profitable traders

Online Prop firm… Challenge fees + Demo only = 95% that lose money, Copy to live account = 5% profitable traders

2 Likes

Have you given any more thought to this?

Not really. Everyone kind of went silent after Clint’s post.

There are pros and cons to both systems, and I do not agree with all of the points that were made regarding that.

That being said, I would be willing to set something up if there is enough interest here. I would prefer to keep things similar to this thread, by maintaining a democratic approach to all decisions. I think that it would also be good to allow any regulars here to serve as moderators if they want.

I guess, those that are interested in having a discord channel, let me know. Private message, if preferred.

1 Like

got this email from prosperity

Hey james,

As of tonight at 9 PM (MetaTrader Server Time), maximum leverage on all CHF pairs will reduce from 1:500 to 1:50!

This change is instigated by our top liquidity providers and is our way of protecting traders against volatility shock that is rumoured on EUR/CHF.

What are your Options?

1 Review your opened CHF trades and amend your position size so that it is the same as your margin requirements.

2 In order to manage the lower leverage requirement, please ensure you have enough margin in your trading account.

The Background

Similar to the events that occurred in 2015 when the Swiss National Bank had a policy of intervening in the currency markets to maintain a formal “peg” of EUR/CHF at 1.20. There are currently market rumors that the SNB is looking to maintain EUR/CHF at a rate above 1.05. The implication of this is effective in that there is an implied peg at 1.05.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused but can assure you that this is for the benefit of our traders.

Regards,

Your ProsperityFX Team

1 Like

i received that email too, the only info i found related to this was this article:

kinda weird there aren’t more articles regarding this if this rumor is gaining momentum

1 Like

very weird, but remember nobody was talking about it in 2015 until it was too late, that was the year FXCM had to get a loan and give up more equity in the company to survive because of that incident

At the request of others, a discord group has been created here:

3 Likes

As of tonight at 9 PM (MetaTrader Server Time), maximum leverage on all CHF pairs will reduce from 1:500 to 1:50

I received a similar message from OspreyFX yesterday.

1 Like

I have been out of commission for 8 months!

What’s new over here?

As in a coma?

2 Likes

I have not had anything from Coinexx or Hanko about CHF pairs. Wondering, what is going on with CHF.

They’re being cautious about the unstated/rumor peg that the SNB has on EURCHF 1.05

This whole week will be a lot of range trading until Powell/Jackson Hole is behind us.

1 Like

have you guys talked about this prop firm yet?

https://fmstraders.com/

Meh, looks sketchy af. If you want to get the latest on whats happening on the Prop Firm front, then I would follow the latest here on FF and the Prop Firm group on FB

3 Likes

I just noticed that Dominion Markets has not been discussed on this thread. (Or I did another piss poor job of searching.) Anyway, I just noticed it mentioned on an Instagram item I was looking at and it mentioned how U.S. persons could transfer money to it. When I looked at the FAQ on their website it stated “If your country is not listed in the drop down menu when registering your account, you may open a cryptocurrency account.” So, it appears that it might be available as an option for U.S. clients, however some of you with more experience need to make that determination.

Here is their link: https://www.dominionmarkets.com/

last 2 withdrawal request from cedarfx, both took about 8mins to get approve and about 25mins to hit my coinbase account. $830 and $770 :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I’m still with the TurnkeyFx, withdrawal time 6hrs to 24hrs. Right now I’m fine with it. I’m looking for low spread//commissions second broker. How is Coinexx withdrawal? Long time I didn’t trade there.

1 Like

i left coinexx when i found out their margin on exotic pairs are not 500:1

2 Likes

Are you getting any better leverage at any other place?

1 Like