Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Yes, I’m not sure why there is an argument either. Trading conditions are way better. You only need 10% of the margin to execute the same size trade. Therefore, keep 90% of your trading capital protected in an actual bank. I mean if the true concern is protection of your capital…10% with the broker and 90% in your insured bank account would certainly seem the way to go. But that is not the issue…the issue is , for some reason that is beyond my comprehension, there are certain individual(s) who like to troll all of the forex sites under various user names preaching that the CFTC regulation is the way to go oh and don’t forget…don’t use prop firms either.

3 Likes

with a regulated broker, you actually know who you are handing your money to.

with an unregulated broker, there is no record of who is responsible for the deposits.

there is no legal recourse with an unregulated broker.

this is the reason that some traders prefer regulated over unregulated.

:cowboy_hat_face:

In the USA, under CFTC regulation, forex deposits are NOT PROTECTED. Simply knowing who you’re giving your money to does not mean it cannot be lost. With a CFTC broker, you need 10 times the margin to execute the exact same trade as offshore. Should that excess 90% be FDIC insured in my bank or sitting with a CFTC “regulated” broker for useless margin that is not protected in any way. Please provide me just one valid reason someone would not want to protect still have the 90% left should something go wrong. In other countries, Australia, UK, funds are protected. I get it. I am simply speaking of USA, CFTC regulated vs. offshore.

2 Likes

INFORMATION ON “LIFETIME” LEELOO QUALIFICATION PLANS
and 50% permanent discounts on the following plans.

I don’t get kickbacks, so this is informational only. I snagged one of
these Half Price permanent Lifetime trials, and it doubles your “practice”
time for the same monthly fee.

I think this is a 3 day offer, but I’ve already pointed out that for U.S.
persons (since this is a U.S. forum thread; but anybody else as well)
who want buying power in the U.S. Futures markets, and the best
available Market Data, with my recommendation of using the NinjaTrader
platform (possibly for free)…

A bit more info. Whichever plan you qualify in; that is the plan you can
ultimately use for the Paid trading. But, let’s say you picked 5 contracts,
and were then limited to that in your Paid work, it’s important to realize
that 5 contracts max is a Huge amount of buying power, dangerously
large in some of the markets like Nasdaq. Also keep in mind that where
the Micro contracts exist, that means 50 simultaneous Micro positions
as well… So you don’t need the Huge contract count evaluations, believe me…

I AM NOT LIKELY TO POST ANYTHING MORE ON THIS PROP FIRM STUFF,
so don’t worry… :slight_smile:

I’m happy to answer questions, but recommend you go directly to them
for details. Or read carefully their extensive FAQs.

hyperscalper

why do prop firms require that my trades are closed during the weekend and during news releases?

You must be looking at the wrong prop firms. Mine do not require that. Although as a disciplined trader, I do not hold trades over the weekend and if I am in a trade during news, it was an existing trade, I would never enter a trade purposely before a major news release, too risky IMO.

1 Like

what is discipline for one person is nonsense for another.

Sure, whatever, by discipline I mean I trade small enough positions so that I never even come close to 25% of the DD they allow. You see, when you’re trading 1 million + with the props, doesn’t take much to generate a very significant income. Don’t really even need leverage and if I do it’s max 2:1. No need to hold over the weekend (although I am permitted to), no need to trade news (although I am permitted to), no need to even come close to 5% DD daily (although I am permitted to). 1-1.5% gain per week with 85-90% split has led to a very, very comfortable lifestyle. But you just go on about unregulated brokers and all of these bad, evil prop firms and I’ll just continue making money.

1 Like

are you trading one million capital with a prop firm?

I’m not going to divulge any personal info, other than to say I’ve been doing this for about 19 months. How much I am trading is irrelevant to your agenda, but you can figure it out based on the time frame I provided.

3 Likes

wow. that is impressive.

@jennysinger
“why do prop firms require that my trades are closed during the weekend and during news releases?”

Because of the higher risk but, as I said, the prop firm I
recommended DOES NOT do that. So if you want to
trade “your way” without restrictions with a “prop firm”
(at least no unreasonable restrictions…)
… then you can follow my advice; for U.S. Futures
anyway; unfortunately I don’t have a solution for
Forex, I’m sure others can recommend some.

hyperscalper

from time to time there might be a spike when the market begins after the weekend, which could be seen as a risk, but the same types of spikes happen during the week just the same.

closing trades or keeping them open during news releases is the same kind of thing. it can create volatility but that is what i want to play anyways, so only a stupid broker or prop firm would require trades to be closed during news releases.

Your posts are appreciated.
It’s good to know about our options.

It looks like one person keeps making new accounts and trolling. Don’t take it seriously.

EDIT: This post of mine was in reply to Hyperscalper. Keep posting useful info about your experience. It is interesting and useful to some of us. I don’t think you are actually bothering anyone. There is just a troll with a bunch of sock puppets on the thread lately.

2 Likes

i am not here to give to you your options. what you do matters nothing to me.

if you are discussing brokers, i am discussing the topic.

i really have no interest in the cheesy mainstream prop firms, other than to study them to analyze their shortcomings…

my interest to trade for a prop firm would be more something along the lines of rentech most likely.

https://www.rentec.com/Home.action?index=true

:100:

so you shting on prop firms and offshore brokers, we know this so why are you here

1 Like

please can we use language that is a bit less foul and try to remain a bit more professional.

when people talk like that, it makes me ill.

fk.

what offshore broker you trade with? and do you recommend them

1 Like

i am quoting grandpipmaster when i say “I’m not going to divulge any personal info”.

tit for tat.

Really, really, we like to talk about brokers in this thread some times we go off track but the main topic is offshore brokers so what can you bring to this thread

2 Likes