Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Absolutely. I blew up my 2nd demo by not sizing trades for specific instruments properly. My issue was simply not calculating right for two instruments. Each broker has different leverage and minimum lot size etc for various instruments. It can be a nightmare trying to switch from one broker to the next when you trade a lot of different instruments. This is what scares me with no demo on MFF. Everything going well and suddenly, oh crap, I didn’t mean to risk that much on XAUUSD for example. I work a 9 to 5 and am not watching screen most of the time

Biggest reason is the excess capital. If I put $1,000 in a personal account and make 67% in stage 1 and then 41% in stage 2, I have $2,305. If I do that in a challenge with MFF I have 200K with 12% DD, which is 24K, more than 10 times what I would have in a personal account for the same exact results. The fee is also refunded, so now I am trading 24K with no risk on my side at all. If by rules, you mean DD, I treat the DD as the actual equity, so I trade a 200K account as if it is a 24K account as described above. The key is multiple accounts across multiple firms, reinvest your profits and you can trade 2 mill, which would be 240K in DD. It’s now the same as trading your own $240K account…initial risk…under 1K.

1 Like

Yes, the indices are the big one…1 unit on MFF is 0.1 on FTMO.

1 Like
  1. Risk none of own money
  2. Trade large account size
  3. Trade with brokers US citizens are otherwise locked out of

It’s definitely not for everyone. I am going to try it. Worth risking a few hundred bucks for me. Personal accounts also have their advantages.

On topic of privacy, brokers can also see your strategy. There is nothing in personal account to keep brokers from seeing what you are doing. They might not, but they can if they wish.

3 Likes

Bitcoin only way in and out of prosperity? No USDC?

1 Like

I have no problem either way, like my opinion matter :rofl:

I got into trading to be completely independent and not to be tied down to someone else’s rules, and to be able to trade the way I wanted to.

No problem with Bitcoin only, but these brokers need to add more cryptos for deposits and withdrawals

coinexx have more options than bitcoins

Yes, I’ve used USDC in and out of Coinexx. If I wanted bitcoin volatility, I’d trade bitcoin. Don’t wish to bust my ass making money and then lose it on my withdrawal.

1 Like

to be honest i have lost only a few bucks here and there but most of the time i make a few dollars off my withdrawals, enough to cover my fee to convert to fiat :upside_down_face:

BTW: I use coinbase pro to convert to fiat, much cheaper

Yes, I use coinbase pro as well.

1 Like

Watch out for scammers

Behind the Pig Butchering Scams (online relationship-investment frauds)

‘no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts…" [Points to sword] “This you can trust.”’

1 Like

any experience with this one? Eurotrader | Forex Brokers Reviews | Forex Peace Army

they don’t take u.s. residents

1 Like

Just wanted to post a bit of a thumbs up to C.oinexx. Withdrawal time yesterday took 2 hours for a 5 figure USDC withdrawal to hit my account after clicking the withdraw button. Definitely much improved from the 24-48 hours I’ve seen a lot in the past.

5 Likes

US30 been making a lot of people money, i will be doing my research and building a system around US30, wish me luck

Realities of Making $690k in 2 Weeks Trading US30 w/ James Storms

3 Likes

Dow, NQ and Gold is all I trade for the past couple of years. Us indices are great instruments to trade. All the action is on high impact news (NFP, FOMC, etc.) and after the 9:30 EST. Wall Street open. Most days I’m in and out by noon.

4 Likes

Yes, you’ve actually inspired me to trade them. The great thing is they have an ADR of 400-600 and if you can just grab 60-80 of it, you can make a fortune. You can always get a 1.5 to 1 or better RR.

3 Likes

Translation: They rain $$$ every single day…

1 Like

Seems like a trader should be able to make money, some way, with the USD/RUB pair. Of the 4 brokers I use, only LMFX and LQDFX offer Russian ruble trading, and each has gargantuan bid ask spreads after the invasion. But if a person was holding a buy position days before the invasion, he could have made a lot of money afterwards by selling when the market opened tremendously higher just after Russia went into Ukraine. Maybe by buying now and holding a position for a while as the ruble collapses even further, especially since Russia has finally been cut off from SWIFT transactions, money can still be made. The US should have blocked high technology exports many decades ago to Russia, instead of waiting for the recent invasion, to help stop them from making more and deadlier nuclear weapons.

1 Like