Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Upon further research, even in this thread, I guess OspreyFX has always accepted US clients. I am just surprised they aren’t on this list. Other than MQL5 signals not working with MT5 with them (and they seem clueless as to why), they are a very good broker.

what are OspreyFX’s spreads/commisions in your experience trading live with them?

Some comments have appeared in this thread regarding OspreyFX, dating back to 2019, and possibly earlier. To be candid, I do not recall when Osprey was mentioned here for the first time, and a Google search of this site failed to yield that info.

So, I can’t give you any details on why Osprey was listed as not allowing US clients. But, I’ll take a guess:

I’m guessing that the fine print at the bottom of the OspreyFX home page led us to believe that US clients were not welcome at Osprey. The fine print reads:

The services of OspreyFX and any information on this site are not directed at and do not intend to elicit citizens and/or residents of the USA, and is not intended for distribution to or use by any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.

Bad grammar, but we got the point.

The OspreyFX Terms and Conditions, paragraph 2.1.c, lists a bunch of countries under the heading “Restricted Territory”, but the US is not on that list.

On another Osprey webpage, titled “OspreyFX: Restricted Countries”, the same list appears, with an additional statement at the bottom:

If your country does not appear above, you are welcome to sign up with us.

Interestingly, this webpage was “Modified on: Mon, 3 Oct, 2022 at 2:06 PM”. Maybe the statement at the bottom of the list is the “modification” referred to here. It can clearly be taken as a “welcome mat” laid out for prospective US clients; and maybe Osprey intends it to be taken in exactly that way.

In any case, it appears that the fine print on the home page was/is basically a disclaimer intended to deflect the CFTC from accusing OspreyFX of either (1) having a “presence” in the US, or (2) soliciting US residents to become Osprey clients.

We have seen similar disclaimers elsewhere in the offshore world.

All of the above, plus your experience and the experience of some other members of the Babypips forum, indicates that OspreyFX does, indeed, accept US clients.

If the active participants in this thread get on board, and recommend adding OspreyFX to our List, I will make the addition.

The listing for Turnkey Forex (SVG) has been removed from Group 1.

Have you tried Robinhood, I do not have experience with them but I have heard good things about their crypto business, But people’s words no longer carry the same weight with everyone trying to sell something these days, so who knows.

What are the payout/withdrawal options?

You can request your payout via:

1. Cryptocurrency
    If you wish to receive your payout in Cryptocurrency, then you can receive BTC, LTC, ETH and USDC.
  2. Deel: https://www.letsdeel.com/
    With Deel, you will be able to withdraw your payouts with Wise, Paypal, Bank transfer, Payoneer, Revolut, Mercury, etc.
    Note: You have to create an account with Deel before requesting a payout
1 Like

@SandyIsAlreadyTaken $7 LOT, spreads are very competitive (low). Usually under a pip on majors.

Not in a long time and it was only for mutual funds.

1 Like

Also, for tax purposes, am I able to claim any losses if the broker I’m trading with is an offshore broker? That’s something I’ve always wondered.

has anyone ever withdrawn 6 figures from Eaglefx?. I’m not sure whether i should spread out my profits with multiple brokers. my knowledge on catching trades seems to exceed the pitfalls and precautions one should take, soI’m wondering if anyone here has had success with a 6 figure withdraw. I’m with Eaglefx btw and i transfer my funds to Cashapp

You should ask them about this if you are at this point with your account.

Which liquidity providers do EagleFX use?

At the request of our liquidity providers, we cannot reveal this information to the general public. However, if a client is looking to deposit a large sum and has provided proof of funds, we are able to provide such details prior to the deposit’s completion. We can even arrange for the funds to go directly to their accounts to further safeguard their investment. As for cryptocurrencies, our liquid provider is Bitfinex.

https://www.eaglefx.com/faqs/

are you trading with these two brokers?

How many of our regulars are still trading with offshore brokers? or did you guys switch to prop trading for other companies

Both, Coinexx for scalping /Prosperityfx for swing trades, I lost my MMF account recently, I’m trying to get a 50K Ftmo account now. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I trade both with Coinexx and MFF.

1 Like

All, Coinbase will not allow you to make any transactions to Coinexx and will lock your access to make any other transactions to other accounts for 2 months. Below is their reason:

Thanks for waiting, xxxxxxxx. According to our records, the blockchain address you attempted to send [my address] is one that we cannot facilitate transactions for security reasons. Coinbase has disabled your ability to send crypto from Coinbase.

I did another withdrawal from OspreyFX on Friday, and my withdrawal request was processed within an hour. Withdrawal before that was done within about 4 hours. I moved some of my accounts over to EagleFX but I think OspreyFX is right up there on my trust level. I also use Hankotrade with good success so far.

1 Like

I am considering Renesource as well, but not looking forward to the account opening process. A ton of paperwork and it looks like it has to be mailed in for processing.

2 Likes

The paperwork was ridiculous in my opinion, never seen anything like that.

My Top 3 Offshore brokers at the moment.

cedarfx

prosperity4x

lqdfx

1 Like